Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

madcabbage wrote: »
    So if I wanted to purchase content on the US store I just change that setting? And can change back anytime? Or is there more to it?

Thats all there is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think there is (or at least used to be) a 3 month limit on changing the locale of your gamertag, might be what you're thinking of - but no limit to changing console region

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

the once every 3 months thing is actually your digital licence transfer - for game sharing, when you set a different console as your home console, you're effectively transferring digital licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ah sweet, was not aware how simple the procedure was. Are games much cheaper on the US store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

quad_red wrote: »
    Yup. Mine is set to US store (but in Ireland), mates is set to Ireland and in Ireland.

No hassle at all, I am constantly changing regions on the console as is my friend who I am game sharing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

madcabbage wrote: »
    Is there any risk to setting your store to US? I know you can only once every 3 months.

You can change your region on your account only every so often, same with home console (once every 3 months in hat case). You can set the region on the console as often as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

So if i do the game sharing and share all the games then can we just switch it bk to normal and keep the games?

Correct. The region doesn't affect game sharing at all.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    So if i do the game sharing and share all the games then can we just switch it bk to normal and keep the games?

is it region or home console you're talking about?

for starters, region makes no difference, so put it to one side.

To understand game sharing, you need to grasp the following concepts.

1. you can sign in to any xbox in the world and download your digital games onto it.
    2. xbox one lets you or anyone else play the games that are licenced to your console - on the console that holds the licence

Setting up game Sharing explained as simply as I can.

John lives in house number 1 and owns forza
    tom lives in house number 5 and owns titanfall

john signs into toms xbox, and sets it as his home console, then signs out
    tom signs into johns xbox and sets it as his home console, then signs out

the licences have now transferred.

so when tom signs into the console in his house - he can download a copy of forza and play it - because the licence for the game is tied to the console.
    john can also play at the same time as he is for all intents and purposes, playing on a machine that is not his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

quad_red wrote: »
    Yup. Mine is set to US store (but in Ireland), mates is set to Ireland and in Ireland.
    It will work fine regardless of region. I am always switching my region to wherever I need something.

• Advertisement

is it region or home console you're talking about?

for starters, region makes no difference, so put it to one side.

To understand game sharing, you need to grasp the following concepts.

1. you can sign in to any xbox in the world and download your digital games onto it.
    2. xbox one lets you or anyone else play the games that are licenced to your console - on the console that holds the licence

Setting up game Sharing explained as simply as I can.

John lives in house number 1 and owns forza
    tom lives in house number 5 and owns titanfall

john signs into toms xbox, and sets it as his home console, then signs out
    tom signs into johns xbox and sets it as his home console, then signs out

the licences have now transferred.

so when tom signs into the console in his house - he can download a copy of forza and play it - because the licence for the game is tied to the console.
    john can also play at the same time as he is for all intents and purposes, playing on a machine that is not his own.

And how about tom downloads 3 new games, can john then get them 3 games for free?

When buying something off the US store (e.g GTA5) I see it costs roughly €47 using Xe.com conversion. Is there any catch? I've read somewhere that your better off using a pre-purchased card for buying stuff. Anyone ever have issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been asked already:

My son got an xbox 360 from Santa last year, which he loves. However, he now says he wants an xbox 1 from Santa this year. Questions:

1) Is it worth splashing out on the Xbox 1 when he already has a 360?

2) Is there a way of "trading-in" an xbox 360 to buy an xbox 1? If so, is it better to trade-in or buy xbox 1 for best price and sell 360 privately? Is there much of a market for 2nd-hand 360s - as I recall, this piece of kit was quite expensive 12 months ago!

Any advice appreciated.

And how about tom downloads 3 new games, can john then get them 3 games for free?

Yes, John can. The freeloading bastard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yes, It works in both directions.

maximoose wrote: »
    Yes, John can. The freeloading bastard :pac:

Lol :D and if john buys game tom gets them for free? It works both ways ?

Yes, It works in both directions.

I replied to the other poster before i saw this. Thanks

Lol :D and if john buys game tom gets them for free? It works both ways ?

yes, but if john buys more than tom, a deep seeded animosity may fester, leading to heated words,fisticuffs and spilled garlic chips with cheese once alcohol has been consumed. possibly ruining a family wedding, and establishing a long running feud that will be passed on from father to son for generations into the future.

*insert ron burgundy "that escalated quickly" meme here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some nice outfit called 'lizard squad' carried out a DDOS attack on live last night, and took it down for an hour or so while we were all asleep.

They even have their own twitter where they promise to ruin Christmas for us :mad:

https://twitter.com/LizardPatrol/status/539605681477668864

Losers, hacking Sony and stealing movies and posting them on line I get , I fail to see the point of this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^ any particular agenda or are they just doing it for the lolz?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They did the same with the destiny servers a couple of months ago.

Myrddin wrote: »

Probably got banned for abusing noobs on Call of Duty, now has a bone to pick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Myrddin wrote: »

Various theories , one of the most common is that the person responsible was banned from live, and want's to be unbanned which I doubt is true as MS would potentially have direct IP data from the account and worse a billing address :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They also took out PSN day before they took out XBL.

EA servers were recently attacked by them too. Bunch of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I posted this in Motoring Forums, but might as well do it here lol. I LOVE FORZA! :P

GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm5&id=3697269&full=true

DSC_0015_zpsydna1nsz.jpg

Close_Enough.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Forza photo actually looks better than real one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Lads are the discounts on Battlefield 4 and the premium over?Someone posted a link to the website over the weekend but i cant for the life of me find it.Are the deals over?

Wow a new level of stupidness.

I can't sign into an account on my XboxOne.

That would be grand if I wanted to play online and couldnt get onto Live.... that happens and its to be expected from time to time but nope, I just can't sign into any(tried the others too) profile full stop which means I can't continue playing the offline game I was playing lately.

It's funny how they took out the 'always online' aspect though it still remains to a degree in this capacity.

Can't access your account - can't access your save.

I've never had this happen before and surprised nobody else here has mentioned it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Wow a new level of stupidness.

I can't sign into an account on my XboxOne.

That would be grand if I wanted to play online and couldnt get onto Live.... that happens and its to be expected from time to time but nope, I just can't sign into any(tried the others too) profile full stop which means I can't continue playing the offline game I was playing lately.

It's funny how they took out the 'always online' aspect though it still remains to a degree in this capacity.

Can't access your account - can't access your save.

I've never had this happen before and surprised nobody else here has mentioned it :confused:

thats weird you should still be able to sign into your profile
    and there is a local copy of the game save stored on the one

it check online for changes to see if youve played it on a different console

are you getting an error message?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

dunworth1 wrote: »
    thats weird you should still be able to sign into your profile
    and there is a local copy of the game save stored on the one

it check online for changes to see if youve played it on a different console

are you getting an error message?

Was getting the same problem earlier. Seems to have resolved itself thougj

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement