Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

dunworth1 wrote: »
    thats weird you should still be able to sign into your profile
    and there is a local copy of the game save stored on the one

it check online for changes to see if youve played it on a different console

are you getting an error message?
    Did you clear the cache on the console (Hold LT+RT+Y)?
    Try powering it down, plug it out for about 30 seconds and try again.

XBox support suggested these steps to me before in case there had been an outage that some stale data may still be on the Console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought the stores were region locked now I have to use Hola on the US store. Did you not use a VPN after?

VPN isn't required if you use the country specific 'Microsoft Points/Xbox Gift Card' apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I thought the stores were region locked now I have to use Hola on the US store. Did you not use a VPN after?

The stores haven't been region locked. MS simply improved their payment validation to check that each customer has a valid payment method for that region.

They are still using the official line that you can purchase games from any region you have a valid payment method for.

Prepay points count as a valid payment method ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The stores haven't been region locked. MS simply improved their payment validation to check that each customer has a valid payment method for that region.

They are still using the official line that you can purchase games from any region you have a valid payment method for.

Ah handy. I might just have to move back to hong Kong to save a few €€€ so ;)

Any idea how much Sunset Overdrive is now on the HK store ?

Is that from the Hong Kong store ? Sorry the website won't load up on my phone.

Yeah the Hong Kong store or else in HK$ it's $351 for Standard and $468 for Deluxe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Metro Redux bundle is this weeks Deals with Gold title priced at €26.46, a great deal for 2 games.

I just bought it for €17.48, here's how. Only takes about 10 mins.

Purchase a $150 Hong Kong dollar Xbox prepaid card from the Play Asia website
    Make sure you provide your mobile number with the correct international format +353 and remove first 0 so an 086 number should start with +35386, this is to verify your purchase.
    Within in a few minutes you'll recieve code via email.

Go to Xbox.com and login.

Select redeem code in your account dropdown menu and use the 25 digit code.

Next, go to search and enter Metro redux bundle. Select it to load up the product page that shows the price. Now scroll down to the bottom left hand corner of the website to change its location to Hong Kong(English) the page will reload with the price set to $131 HK dollars and purchase it.

That's it done. You can also redeem + purchase the game direct from the XB1 as long as your region is set to Hong Kong.

Love the savings here, i'm a n00b to the xbox live change your region tricks so scared to try it! Is it a good game? I think I've enough with the two Assassin Creed games, Halo and Titanfall to last me a while :)

I take it you can switch your region back and all will be a-ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Trilla wrote: »
    Love the savings here, i'm a n00b to the xbox live change your region tricks so scared to try it! Is it a good game? I think I've enough with the two Assassin Creed games, Halo and Titanfall to last me a while :)

played them both on lasst gen and they are excellent games, really quality and highly recommended. Tempted to re-buy them too!

I noticed it said 2-4d for that cheaper Hong Kong gift card. I think they're currently out of stock and you won't receive it for 2 - 4 days?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I noticed it said 2-4d for that cheaper Hong Kong gift card. I think they're currently out of stock and you won't receive it for 2 - 4 days?

Ah well

I see it says "This digital product has a lead time and will not ship immediately." now when I drill into the product. Hopefully I get it in time and the price of the game doesn't sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I seen the same, its just a mistake, its a digital product, so delivered to your email address as quickly as possible.

When they are out of stock it wont let you purchase it. They ran out of Xbox HK prepay cards 2 weeks ago and I couldn't buy the product.
    Ah well

I see it says "This digital product has a lead time and will not ship immediately." now when I drill into the product. Hopefully I get it in time and the price of the game doesn't sore.
    It was about 5 minutes after purchase I got the code, although having bought from other code sellers I'd expect up to about 30 minutes.

• Advertisement

It was about 5 minutes after purchase I got the code, although having bought from other code sellers I'd expect up to about 30 minutes.

I got the Item Summary, Welcome to Play Asia.com and Verify your email address emails no hassle. Still no Xbox code mail though. Hopefully it gets here by Friday.

<edit> When I go to my item summary it shows the below. See two sections highlighted.

330398.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The more info we get on this the better. To play devils advocate for a moment, the very fact that there exists such thing as a 'valid payment method', suggests that MS are happy to have you buying from various regions, assuming you live/work/travel etc...it doesn't suggest they're ok with using false/fake addresses...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Myrddin wrote: »
    The more info we get on this the better. To play devils advocate for a moment, the very fact that there exists such thing as a 'valid payment method', suggests that MS are happy to have you buying from various regions, assuming you live/work/travel etc...it doesn't suggest they're ok with using false/fake addresses...

There would be uproar if they shut the door on people and cut them off from content they have legitimately paid for though, surely?

And MS are in humble pie mode these days after their early kamikaze customer relations tactics.

quad_red wrote: »
    There would be uproar if they shut the door on people and cut them off from content they have legitimately paid for though, surely?

Have they legitimately (in the eyes of MS) paid for content though, strictly speaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

definitely,

someone with a better memory than me should be able to track down the interview with a microsoft exec, where he casually said something along the lines of "theres always prepaid cards"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Have they legitimately (in the eyes of MS) paid for content though, strictly speaking?

I know what you're saying.

But if they cut thousands of people off from content/games that they've paid considerable money for there will be war!

Like I saved money buying Destiny in the US store. But I still paid €50 for the bloody thing! Honestly, if they cut me off from content I paid good money for I'd sell the X1 tomorrow and they can lodge it where the sun don't shine.

quad_red wrote: »
    I know what you're saying.

But if they cut thousands of people off from content/games that they've paid considerable money for there will be war!

Like I saved money buying Destiny in the US store. But I still paid €50 for the bloody thing! Honestly, if they cut me off from content I paid good money for I'd sell the X1 tomorrow and they can lodge it where the sun don't shine.

Where is this coming from? It's not as if there was any indication such a thing would happen so CHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL amigo :cool:

Agreed, I don't think MS would be so foolhardy as to take any action against users that had purchased, perhaps questionably, xbox content. I think if they were going to do something, they'd lock out future purchasing using those methods...which is kinda what we've seen with the Asian & US markets is it not? This suggests to me, MS are actively trying to protect people using false credentials from using these markets. By using vpn's, I don't think it's entirely out of this world to view that as a breach of the terms of agreement.

Just so you all know, personally at this level of understanding, I'd be leaning towards the reopening of the regional marketplace thread, given how vague MS' stance is. But we need more info/clarification

Agreed, I don't think MS would be so foolhardy as to take any action against users that had purchased, perhaps questionably, xbox content. I think if they were going to do something, they'd lock out future purchasing using those methods...which is kinda what we've seen with the Asian & US markets is it not? This suggests to me, MS are actively trying to protect people using false credentials from using these markets. By using vpn's, I don't think it's entirely out of this world to view that as a breach of the terms of agreement.

Just so you all know, personally at this level of understanding, I'd be leaning towards the reopening of the regional marketplace thread, given how vague MS' stance is. But we need more info/clarification

does microsoft have any sort of representative / pr person in Ireland that could be contacted I wonder.

clearly people would like official clarification on it (myself included), but I doubt it'll be forthcoming, I'd imagine there is still a reluctance to burn bridges with bricks and mortar stores as they need them to sell actual consoles.

does microsoft have any sort of representative / pr person in Ireland that could be contacted I wonder.

Someone from boards HQ tried this route a few weeks back, I'll follow it up now, & either way try to get clarification for us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Does the prepaid cards work for 360? Tried a US one and it didn't work?

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Does the prepaid cards work for 360? Tried a US one and it didn't work?

not as far as i know.

not as far as i know.

Balls. There's some money I'll never see again.

Balls. There's some money I'll never see again.

what exactly didnt work? where did you try and redeem the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think someone on reddit said the same happened to them, they contacted the seller and they apologised and gave them a new code which then worked.

Sent me new code which worked

what exactly didnt work? where did you try and redeem the code?

Tried using on the website after switching to US. Keeps going back to euro when I try to checkout. Have an American address down as well.

Did anyone else try Failsafes00's hong kong playasia.com purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Did anyone else try Failsafes00's hong kong playasia.com purchase?

I purchased the HK credit this morning but haven't received the code yet. Just emailed customer service and here's the response:
    "I am sorry to inform you that the item Xbox Gift Card (HKD 150) ( Hong
    Kong) is not in stock as of the moment. We will immediately send the code
    once we already have it.

We apologized for the inconvenience caused. "

Tried using on the website after switching to US. Keeps going back to euro when I try to checkout. Have an American address down as well.

The website knows you're not in the USA, regardless of what you switch the region to at the start, when you go to the store you'll be directed to the appropriate place.
    There are ways around it but i'm not posting it here.

As far as I know, you cant access the US marketplace from your 360 anyway, It doesn't allow for the "buy in any region, download in any region" like the xbox one does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, I found a very annoying thing about xbox one. If you have it set on stand by mode and then turn it off, it's still makes humming sound from power supply fan. It does not go in to full silent mode.
    It would be grand if xbox would be in loving room, but it is in my bedroom.
    If you put it in to powercsaving mode, can you still turn it on with controller, or only from console itself? I had no chance to try it today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement