Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

As a matter of interest, why do they region lock that, but the 4OD app isn't? is it some licencing deal they have with sky or something?

Its down to licensing, not the tv license but the license to distribute certain content to certain regions. Even on sky sometimes you'll have movies on channel 4 that won't display in the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Out now. I've just downloaded it (need to be in the UK store to download it and also need to be in the UK to view it)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTICE:

Hey Folks,

Just a quick update on the forum. We've recently made a small update to the forum charter, and we'd like you to take a look at it, just to re-familiarise yourselves with it.

The only change to it is the addition of a "No PS vs Xbox" rule. It's been added to the charter to expand the ban from just this thread to the entire Xbox forum.

You can find the charter here.

Thanks,
    CatInABox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

In a recent interview with the hacking group "Lizard Squad" on the DramaAlert YouTube channel, they have revealed that they will be taking down Xbox Live servers on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

In a recent interview with the hacking group "Lizard Squad" on the DramaAlert YouTube channel, they have revealed that they will be taking down Xbox Live servers on Christmas Day.

Xbox live will explode with Xmas noobs so it won't change anything. 364 other days of the year to be playing online.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Them knobs keep going on about it:

7SzRE0u.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Bit dumb saying it now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Saw this too. Sad shower o' buckos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

does game sharing work for discs? Obviously if they are in the machine at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

sweetie wrote: »
    does game sharing work for discs? Obviously if they are in the machine at the time.

Nope.

Well, unless you hand the disc to your mate. Then, yes. :)

• Advertisement

Nope.

Well, unless you hand the disc to your mate. Then, yes. :)

Old skool sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Street Fighter V may be announced later today but may not be coming to Xbox One. Kinda sh!tty if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pretty big get for Sony if true

Not a fan of beat em ups at all so I'm not too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Otacon wrote: »
    Street Fighter V may be announced later today but may not be coming to Xbox One. Kinda sh!tty if that is the case.

Ah no. Please be on Xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Otacon wrote: »

ah but it will, when all the bugs are cleared up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Trilla wrote: »
    ah but it will, when all the bugs are cleared up :p

we'll get super street fighter 5: super time force hyper roundhouse extreme: plus alpha edition. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

For me there has only ever been Street Fighter 1 & 2.

I won't shed a tear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I won't shed a tear ;)

you must be one of the few people I've ever known that has played street fighter 1.

for me it began and ended with 2, oh the fanboy wars between snes owners who got slightly better graphics and the megadrive camp who got more characters and a faster game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

you must be one of the few people I've ever known that has played street fighter 1.

for me it began and ended with 2, oh the fanboy wars between snes owners who got slightly better graphics and the megadrive camp who got more characters and a faster game.

I think I still have the blisters from Street fighter 1 & 2 in the arcade.

20 pence a go, taking on the local boyz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I won't shed a tear ;)

Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition.

It's a 24 mb cartridge. TWENTY FOUR!! <12 year olds nod sagely at the level of super computing this represents>.

Twas downhill for SF for me since then.

And incidentally, whilst we give out about game prices today. I'm pretty sure my folks paid £70 for that for my Christmas present.

• Advertisement

You need to check out super sf2, super sf4 and sf alpha 2

By far the best sequels \ upgrades in the franchise imo

quad_red wrote: »

And incidentally, whilst we give out about game prices today. I'm pretty sure my folks paid £70 for that for my Christmas present.

Yeah but u got max 3 games a year and u played the shít outta them, with physical real mates in your living room - pausing to finish your chomp, dip dab or cadete orange ;-)

Is anyone else not getting notifications for friends signing in?

Last few days nothing pops up when someone signs in even though I have notifications for everything on.

Is anyone else not getting notifications for friends signing in?

Last few days nothing pops up when someone signs in even though I have notifications for everything on.

Are you appearing online? If your offline I think it stops notifications popping up.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Are you appearing online? If your offline I think it stops notifications popping up.

Yeah appearing online.

Yeah appearing online.

Could be just Xbox live services not functioning correctly. Go to your network settings and see if there's any service alert up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't use it myself, but apparently Twitch just got a massive update on Xbox One.

See here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Can you download a game and install a disc at the same time? I realise this is a stupid question but I'm getting the Xbox One at Christmas.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Can you download a game and install a disc at the same time? I realise this is a stupid question but I'm getting the Xbox One at Christmas.

Honestly don't know but it will only install one download at a time so it's probably the same for a disc and download install combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Arse :/

Last night messing around on the X1 I opened the xbox video app - bad mistake. It downloaded an update then I started getting errors about regions (I have the X1 set to US).

And now I can't buy content anymore. Won't accept credit card or paypal (which it did no problem before).

:(
    Use a different way to pay
    Your purchase can't be completed with this payment option. Try a different or new way to pay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement