Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely it would be pretty easy to make digital games compatible? Would love to be able to access all my digital 360 games.

Why surely?

Regardless of how content is delivered they're (the 360 and x1) are two entirely different platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    URL SNIP

While there was some indication that the Xbox One sales where going to be on the up in the US, I didn't think that it would be the same in the UK. It's good to see that it is starting to recover some ground, but they'll need years to recover what was lost in this first year.

I still believe that Microsoft need to aggressively drop the price on it even more though.
    I am sorry, I can't help myself, these where too funny not to share :D

MOD EDIT: I posted that article on to encourage debate on the Xbox One side of things, not to provide an excuse for antagonising posts. Gifs removed.

However, it also breaks a rule that I brought in, and I should have known better. I won't be putting Sales stuff up again.

CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I reckon that they'll probably keep the price cut in place on the base console,

Highly unlikely, until console2 comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Murdered: Soul Suspect worth a buy at 10 pounds ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah on One it is , worth that for it being something different. Not a very long game and has it's problems but I enjoyed it. Reason I say on the One is because the 360 version has some serious frame rate problems in the outdoor areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Here's the link in case anyone is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is it possible to stream sport in the explorer on xb1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is it possible to stream sport in the explorer on xb1?

No
    I tried but it didn't work for me

No
    I tried but it didn't work for me

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anybody had problems with their Kinetic? Mine looks like it's bust again, only had it back from repair in the summer! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Question,

I'm going to my brothers house later on who also has a Xb1 can I download my gamer profile on his xbox and just play my games as normal?

Question,

I'm going to my brothers house later on who also has a Xb1 can I download my gamer profile on his xbox and just play my games as normal?

You can indeed.

calex71 wrote: »
    You can indeed.

How can I do it? Would I need a gold account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

How can I do it? Would I need a gold account?

Actually, it depends.

If you've bought all your games physically, then you'll need to bring the disks.

If you've bought all your games digitally, then go to his Xbox, add your account(which you can do in settings), and then download your games.

You don't need gold to do this.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Actually, it depends.

If you've bought all your games physically, then you'll need to bring the disks.

If you've bought all your games digitally, then go to his Xbox, add your account(which you can do in settings), and then download your games.

You don't need gold to do this.

Yeah I'll be bringing the physical disc with me just unsure how exactly to download my profile on to his xbox!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah I'll be bringing the physical disc with me just unsure how exactly to download my profile on to his xbox!

Sign in to another Xbox One console

Is that pvz garden warfare game any good

Is that pvz garden warfare game any good

I wasn't going to bother with it, online only shooter???? Anyone who knows me knows I don't do PvP , but ended up getting it the weekend it came out for some reason still unknown to me and had a tonne of fun with it and they have supported it well with free DLC.

Don't buy it in the sale this week, it's in the EA Access thing so makes more sense to get a subscription for that and get all the other games too.

Haven't played in a while though so not sure what it's like in terms of numbers now. Sale this week and ea access surely helped to boost those.

I wasn't going to bother with it, online only shooter???? Anyone who knows me knows I don't do PvP , but ended up getting it the weekend it came out for some reason still unknown to me and had a tonne of fun with it and they have supported it well with free DLC.

Don't buy it in the sale this week, it's in the EA Access thing so makes more sense to get a subscription for that and get all the other games too.

Haven't played in a while though so not sure what it's like in terms of numbers now. Sale this week and ea access surely helped to boost those.

Thanks for the info

Couldnt be bothered with ea access tho. Already have most of the games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thanks for the info

Couldnt be bothered with ea access tho. Already have most of the games

UFC is being added this week too as well as more games in the future just so you know.

• Advertisement

Back to the 360 for me tonight, decided to dig out a few dvds to watch and ones we picked display in a tiny box that sits in the middle of the screen , 16:9 ratio on them so should be ok , on the 360 you had an option to fit to screen on the one it seems like you are stuck other than your TV controls , none of the options on my tv help fit it to screen. No idea why it took me so long to come up against this and why its still a thing a year after release :confused:

Edit: Never mind the actual disc is going in the bin, it's a movie from 1997, dvd was released in 2004. haven't watched it since then. I don't think I have ever seen as bad a transfer to dvd as this, it looks like a pirate movie taken from vhs and put on a dvd. My god it's bad and it is a legit dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Edit: Never mind the actual disc is going in the bin, it's a movie from 1997, dvd was released in 2004. haven't watched it since then. I don't think I have ever seen as bad a transfer to dvd as this, it looks like a pirate movie taken from vhs and put on a dvd. My god it's bad and it is a legit dvd.

What film is it? :)

quad_red wrote: »
    What film is it? :)

Dobermann

JUst changed my location to UK and wondering can i still buy games as normal even tho its in £ ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

JUst changed my location to UK and wondering can i still buy games as normal even tho its in £ ??

Yep

Yep

Ok thanks .

Just noticed theres a Popcornflix app for one now, tested it there works fine. Ok if your in the mood for a Z list movie :D

There is some real trash on it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Can anyone recommend a good external hard drive and let us know where I can get it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I got a 2tb Seagate external in Argos for 77. That was a sale price though. Think it's 87 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Juan8 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good external hard drive and let us know where I can get it? Thanks

I picked up the 1TB Seagate portable in Argos because they had no 2GB in stock in my local shop. It worked out at 47 because I had a €10 voucher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement