Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Xenji wrote: »
    Both live and psn were hacked today by Lizard.

In my time what they do would have not been considered hacking.

Hacking, back in my days was all about looking for vulnerabilities to access a remote system, not to bring it down. And this guys think they are God just because they bring down a site... God love them

A monkey with a laptop could do a DoS attack to most online services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^ indeed, hacking something is gaining unauthorised entry to it. A ddos is a far cry from what I'd consider a 'hack'.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Both live and psn were hacked today by Lizard.

yes as I said a few hours ago over in the PlayStation thread ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

****'em, perfect time to start Shadow of Mordor so I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

they picked christmas when barely anybody is would be working to fix the problem, and now they are using it to get followers etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

yes as I said a few hours ago over in the PlayStation thread ;)

Want a cookie?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,487 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

vlad2009 wrote: »
    they picked christmas when barely anybody is would be working to fix the problem, and now they are using it to get followers etc

What I don't get is what they actually get out of it?

Absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

murpho999 wrote: »
    What I don't get is what they actually get out of it?

Absolutely nothing.
    They get what they seem to crave attention/infamy to a degree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

What a numpty, ruining Christmas gaming for everyone! Who's gonna slay the Xmas noobs now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just managed to get signed in there after 2 hours offline. Hopefully it'll stay connected now. Plan on getting sone hours in when the kids finally collapse!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I couldn't connect to Live for ages but was able to play games no problem until about 20 minutes ago, now I can't even sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I couldn't connect to Live for ages but was able to play games no problem until about 20 minutes ago, now I can't even sign in.

Having the same problem, was on Flight School on GTAV till I got booted! Can't play anything now!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Tried going online and cant, xbox live core services is the problem, nothing worth watching on tele and now nothing on the xbox, think i'll go to bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks. Trying all day to set up new xbox one for kids. Problem is it won't recognise password to sign in and asks me to login at account.live.com with a code. Still no joy with that although it allows access to the email account on my tablet. Disappointed kids as it won't play games or DVDs. Any thoughts to first time console owner (tired). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bif wrote: »
    Folks. Trying all day to set up new xbox one for kids. Problem is it won't recognise password to sign in and asks me to login at account.live.com with a code. Still no joy with that although it allows access to the email account on my tablet. Disappointed kids as it won't play games or DVDs. Any thoughts to first time console owner (tired). Thanks.

Don't worry it's nothing to do with what you're doing. Unfortunately, both Xbox Live and Playstation Network are being 'attacked' by a bunch of kids who pay for DDoS hits on both networks. Should be fine by later tonight and definitely ok by tomorrow.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Don't worry it's nothing to do with what you're doing. Unfortunately, both Xbox Live and Playstation Network are being 'attacked' by a bunch of kids who pay for DDoS hits on both networks. Should be fine by later tonight and definitely ok by tomorrow.
    Thanks for that...pity the lads though, gone to bed without a game. 1st world prob I suppose. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Partially back for me here now, I can see the store and stuff so am on live but can't sign in with my profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

calex71 wrote: »
    Partially back for me here now, I can see the store and stuff so am on live but can't sign in with my profile.

Yeah same, slowly coming back online! I wanna use my new tv tuner one guide godammit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

calex71 wrote:

I'm signed in but but starting games is an issue cod:Aw is saying that my profile isn't currently allow to play on xbl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just be careful with saves folks if you are playing tonight, they might not have everything back up yet so you may be on a local cached copy. If it asks tomorrow which one to sync/use check the date stamps carefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I'm signed in but but starting games is an issue cod:Aw is saying that my profile isn't currently allow to play on xbl

Maybe try offline mode in settings. That will more than likely let you plays games and stop trying to connect to live.

Seems to be working now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seems to be working now.
    Having trouble installing FIFA now. Won't load, looked for update then stuck on install. Right peeded off at this stage!

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status
    They don't have a service alert up. Ea servers went down for me around 4am. If I met someone claiming to be a hacker I reckon I'd genuinely punch them in the face as a service to gamers everywhere.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status
    They don't have a service alert up. Ea servers went down for me around 4am. If I met someone claiming to be a hacker I reckon I'd genuinely punch them in the face as a service to gamers everywhere.

Apologies for my ignorance but will this prevent me from installing games?

Apologies for my ignorance but will this prevent me from unloading games?

You could try disconnecting the console from the internet then installing the game offline, that way it won't look for an update, and if you stay offline you should be able to play the game among yourselves at least. Worth a try anyway.

Apologies for my ignorance but will this prevent me from installing games?

As mickeroo said. Try disconnecting from the internet. When you install a game and are connected, it'll try and download any available patches or update s that might be available too. If ea or Microsoft's servers are having trouble it could affect your installation. usually these problems don't last longer than a day or so. With a bit of luck it'll be sorted by this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Those ***** who hacked xbl yesterday are some bunch of dickheads. Imagine all the kids round the world who got an xb for xmas and couldnt even play it. Bad form on them

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Want a cookie?

Poor billy no mates trolling all the unfortunate console gamers on Xmas day. Youre an eejit

• Advertisement

They're just a bunch of spotty neckbeards, sweating away in a small flat or mammys basement, using out the only bit of power they'll ever have, to curtail the enjoyment of others in a sad attempt to gain the attention they so desperately crave but don't have the social skills to get like most normal people. they've no agenda or point to make. They're pitiful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement