Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Balls, there seems to be damage alright, there's something loose inside it so it might be a no go then.

Prob still worth a try though, even if something is loose it doesn't mean it has been damaged...it could be a manufacturing flaw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Myrddin wrote:
    Prob still worth a try though, even if something is loose it doesn't mean it has been damaged...it could be a manufacturing flaw 

True indeed you've got nothing to loose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Balls, there seems to be damage alright, there's something loose inside it so it might be a no go then.

Get it back and get it replaced. If there's no scuffs or scratches on it indicating a drop then you'll be grand if you have the receipt. I had my console bundled controller replaced by Argos without a problem, they just took a fresh one out of a console bundled and swapped them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ugh, i can't find the receipt now of course, must have been misplaced when I moved house. Will have to chance the credit card statement as proof and hope thats enough. Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Did that work? If not it could be an issue with the console so maybe get it replaced. This guy had the same problem...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69881233/793651062

Down in Kerry for the next couple days so can't check. Difference with mine is i haven't had any other probs in the 2 months iv owned it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I got the sunset overdrive bundle a few weeks ago and kept hearing a strange sound with the left trigger. Sometimes it was getting stuck and sort of clicking.
    I was sort of pissed about the wait I'd have to send it back so opened it up myself and found a loose magnetic screw in there sticking to the trigger. It had been moving around in there and sometimes being squashed against the circuit board. I guess another one just sort of fell in during manufacturing but it's working perfectly now and I got a free screw :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So the Xbox One SDK has been leaked, along with the documentation that goes along with it. The verge has an article on it here.

From what I can see, it's essentially everything needed on the PC side to develop apps. However, it's utility is pretty low, as your Xbox needs to be authorised by Microsoft as a Dev box, so there's no way to get any "finished" apps onto an Xbox.

While this release is interesting, it's not exactly ground breaking.

CatInABox wrote: »
    So the Xbox One SDK has been leaked, along with the documentation that goes along with it. The verge has an article on it here.

From what I can see, it's essentially everything needed on the PC side to develop apps. However, it's utility is pretty low, as your Xbox needs to be authorised by Microsoft as a Dev box, so there's no way to get any "finished" apps onto an Xbox.

While this release is interesting, it's not exactly ground breaking.

A retail One won't run anything made by the SDK will it? As you mention, it'd have to be a dev box to run this code...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Myrddin wrote: »
    A retail One won't run anything made by the SDK will it? As you mention, it'd have to be a dev box to run this code...

It could, but it has to be authorised by the servers on Microsofts end. There's no difference between a Dev Xbox One, and a retail Xbox One, except for the fact that the Dev Box has to communicate with the Microsoft Development Servers and be confirmed as a Dev box.

In fact, I might as well put a massive warning here for the overly curious.

MASSIVE WARNING!!!!

There's a video/set of instructions out there on how to put your Xbox into Dev mode - If you follow these instructions, you will brick your Xbox One. Please be warned. The Xbox has to be authorised by Microsoft as a Dev Xbox, if it isn't, it just gets stuck.

/MASSIVE WARNING!!!!

I see, so with the sdk you can create & sign content...but to run it, the xbox has to be flagged by MS that it's a dev kit. Just curious, how you the content be put on an xbox from a pc...is there a transfer suite in the sdk, or an emulated store or something?

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    I see, so with the sdk you can create & sign content...but to run it, the xbox has to be flagged by MS that it's a dev kit. Just curious, how you the content be put on an xbox from a pc...is there a transfer suite in the sdk, or an emulated store or something?

I don't have it installed myself, apparently it requires VS2012, I'm already on 2013, so I'm not downgrading just to mess around.

There is an Xbox Manager involved, where you add your Xbox. The manager then allows you to transfer apps across, but I don't know if this is over a cable or if it needs to go across Microsoft servers. I doubt it, but you never know with Microsoft.

To add an Xbox into the manager, it needs to be an authorised Dev Xbox, so that's where the restriction currently lies.

Still though, you could download and install this SDK, and then develop and debug an app on the emulator, so it's still interesting, from a certain point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It seems like this sdk could help devs get better performance out of the Xbox one. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-december-update-improves-esram-performanc/1100-6424423/

It seems like this sdk could help devs get better performance out of the Xbox one. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-december-update-improves-esram-performanc/1100-6424423/

That's welcome news.

If it's in the December update to the SDK, then it's not included in the SDK that was leaked, as that's the November release.

Having thought about this leak a little more, it's actually not as interesting as I first thought. While it's great that it's out there, the plan was to release something along these lines anyway, as part of the Windows 10 universal apps push. Most likely, Microsoft could have released something like this previously, but why bother when it could only be used for 6 months or so before being superseded by the Windows 10 version?

Happy new year fellow Xboxers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Happy New Years lads and a friendly reminder. You can now grab your free game with gold, D4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Happy New Years lads and a friendly reminder. You can now grab your free game with gold, D4.

Happy New year misky!
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Ps, when are the powers that be gonna make you a mod?
    You have added so much to this forum, I have to say thank you.. And also I hope everyone has many years enjoying thier new xb1/360's...whatever santa brought you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I had my game sharing set up with a friend and when I was in another friends I signed into my profile on his Xbox, it then started downloading my games onto his Xbox automatically which now means I've shared with two different xboxs, he's been using my games for 3/4 days though and nothing has happened, I'm worried though that something will happen because of this like my Xbox being shut down, should I be worried and how do I delete my profile off his Xbox?

deco nate wrote:
    Happy New year misky! Thanks for the reminder. Ps, when are the powers that be gonna make you a mod? You have added so much to this forum, I have to say thank you.. And also I hope everyone has many years enjoying thier new xb1/360's...whatever santa brought you! 

Thanks Deco Nate, I really appreciate that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I have way too many games to play :D

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

I have way too many games to play :D

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

As if my Steam backlog wasn't bad enough. I now have a serious one on Xbox :D

At least it's making me get through the games tho, in the past month I've finished main story of Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 and now working on Walking Dead Season 1 which I'm half way through.

I've missed this sort of gaming, spent way too much time on online multiplayer for years, it's time to tear through some single player gaming :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    As if my Steam backlog wasn't bad enough. I now have a serious one on Xbox :D

At least it's making me get through the games tho, in the past month I've finished main story of Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 and now working on Walking Dead Season 1 which I'm half way through.

I've missed this sort of gaming, spent way too much time on online multiplayer for years, it's time to tear through some single player gaming :D

I'm strongly considering buying the walking dead season one and two. Is it worth it ?

Also have Shadow of Mordor and Sunset Overdrive to start.

I can highly recommend Telltales The Walking Dead, EXCELLENT story. This is my second time playing it. First on Steam, now on Xbox One :D Actually think I might have played some of it on 360 a couple years ago too lol

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering buying the walking dead season one and two. Is it worth it ?

Also have Shadow of Mordor and Sunset Overdrive to start.

I'm like a broken record when it comes to sunset overdrive, but START THIS NOW!. Garaunteed smiles , just be sure and stick with it past the initial hour or so.

I'm like a broken record when it comes to sunset overdrive, but START THIS NOW!. Garaunteed smiles , just be sure and stick with it past the initial hour or so.

Ah I will get around to it. Just putting a lot of time into Destiny at the minute. I can't seem to put it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Ah I will get around to it. Just putting a lot of time into Destiny at the minute. I can't seem to put it down.

i really wish i understood the hype that is destiny :(

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i really wish i understood the hype that is destiny :(

I've a few guys who I play with most days and once you get past the initial steep learning curve it is really enjoyable.

I like the grind in the game and just like picking up all the new items guns and armour. I think I've a problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've a few guys who I play with most days and once you get past the initial steep learning curve it is really enjoyable.

I like the grind in the game and just like picking up all the new items guns and armour. I think I've a problem :)

Same as you on this game. Play it every day from anywhere from 10 mins to 3 or 4 hours. Have 2 characters levelled up and I never do that in these types of games. Something ridiculously addictive about the shooting in it.

djkeogh wrote: »
    Same as you on this game. Play it every day from anywhere from 10 mins to 3 or 4 hours. Have 2 characters levelled up and I never do that in these types of games. Something ridiculously addictive about the shooting in it.

I've had a rollercoaster of loving and loathing it.the gunplay is impeccable and it looks great but I got peed off with the constant moving of goalposts by bungie, purely to stretch out the limited content further and further.if the season pass had gone on sale over Christmas I'd probably be back at it, but I'm making a conscious effort to try and get through some of my backlog.

Disc drive is starting to make grinding noise when inserting a disc. Iv seen a vid on how to fix it but not too sure. Flip the console upside down and give the area around the drive a few slaps. Work for anyone else?

I'm no electronics expert, but I'm pretty sure a few slaps is not standard repair procedure. Are you out of warranty?

• Advertisement

I'm no electronics expert, but I'm pretty sure a few slaps is not standard repair procedure.

LOOOOOL. A few shlaps helps everything! :D

Warranty should still be in date btw OP. I got mine Day 1 and mine is in date till end of February so anyone with an Xbox ONE should still have warranty, pending they didn't break the warranty seal like me :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement