Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'm like a broken record when it comes to sunset overdrive, but START THIS NOW!. Garaunteed smiles , just be sure and stick with it past the initial hour or so.

Couldn't sgree with you more started playing sunset over the xmas break loving its irreverence to itself, breaking for the 4th wall and the comedy elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Loved Sunset too, but I think I mentioned in the other thread playing a male or female character is night and day, the voice acting from the lady is in another league entirely so much better playing female in this !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

calex71 wrote: »
    Loved Sunset too, but I think I mentioned in the other thread playing a male or female character is night and day, the voice acting from the lady is in another league entirely so much better playing female in this !!!!

Funny enough my son is playing as male but I made a female lead and find her tone and voice brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Juan8 wrote: »
    I had my game sharing set up with a friend and when I was in another friends I signed into my profile on his Xbox, it then started downloading my games onto his Xbox automatically which now means I've shared with two different xboxs, he's been using my games for 3/4 days though and nothing has happened, I'm worried though that something will happen because of this like my Xbox being shut down, should I be worried and how do I delete my profile off his Xbox?

Can anyone help me with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I'm no electronics expert, but I'm pretty sure a few slaps is not standard repair procedure. Are you out of warranty?

Warranty is pointless, you are covered by law for up to 6 years in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ch750536 wrote: »
    Warranty is pointless, you are covered by law for up to 6 years in Ireland.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure that the 6 year period you mention relates to buying a product that turns out to be different to what the manufacturers originally claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure that the 6 year period you mention relates to buying a product that turns out to be different to what the manufacturers originally claimed.

It's any breach of the Sale and Supply of Goods act

Disc drive grinding after a year would fall under the 'merchantable quality' condition I'd imagine

Oscar Mike - get on to the retailer!

maximoose wrote: »
    It's any breach of the Sale and Supply of Goods act

Disc drive grinding after a year would fall under the 'merchantable quality' condition I'd imagine

Oscar Mike - get on to the retailer!

surely that can't be right? if you were apply that to a car for example any time anything breaks in the first 6 years you can take it back? I'd say run it by someone in the consumer issues forum. The OP is still under warranty either way so it makes no difference.

Well motor vehicles are a lot different than electronics, but essentially yeah - depends where it was bought and if you qualify as a 'consumer' but the same act applies (and poss the Consumer Credit Act if got on finance). A lot more variables with a car though and I'd imagine a tougher time arguing your case!

There were plenty of threads recently enough in Consumer Issues about taking Gamestop etc to small claims court over RROD/YLOD when console was out of manufacturers warranty, and all winning. Irish rights **** all over the crappy 1 year warranty offered by Microsoft :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Anybody else notice that this months free xbox one game (D4) when you try to purchase it directs you to the US Xbox store? I cant "purchase" it as the US Xbox store doesn't have my credit card info.

I downloaded it last night with no issues. What region are you set to?

• Advertisement

Purchased it this morning on Smartglass app with no issues

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I had my game sharing set up with a friend and when I was in another friends I signed into my profile on his Xbox, it then started downloading my games onto his Xbox automatically which now means I've shared with two different xboxs, he's been using my games for 3/4 days though and nothing has happened, I'm worried though that something will happen because of this like my Xbox being shut down, should I be worried and how do I delete my profile off his Xbox?

Discussion of Home Sharing isn't allowed on boards, which might explain why answers haven't been forthcoming, but I can answer one of your questions.

To remove an account from an Xbox, please follow these directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

CatInABox wrote: »
    Discussion of Home Sharing isn't allowed on boards, which might explain why answers haven't been forthcoming, but I can answer one of your questions.

To remove an account from an Xbox, please follow these directions.

Just wondering what the issue with talking about home sharing is. I was under the impressions that it's fully supported by microsoft
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/my-home-xbox

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/Usage-Rules

How many consoles can I use a game on?
    You will get a device license and a user license to every game you download from the Services. You can designate one console as your “Home” console and multiple users can select the same console for their Home console. The device license will automatically attach to your Home console, even if it’s not the console you are making the purchase from. As the purchaser of the game, the user license will be associated with your Xbox Live account.

Who can use my game?
    Anyone can use your game on your Home console under your device license. When you log onto any other console with your Xbox Live account, you may use all games to which you have a user license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just wondering what the issue with talking about home sharing is. I was under the impressions that it's fully supported by microsoft

I think the scenario of one person having an Xbox One & games, them travelling to a friends/family members house to share/set up their account on a guest console, is the scenario MS have in mind when they're talking about Game Sharing. Such a scenario, is supported by MS and not something that seems to be a problem.

But like everything, the system is open to abuse. What MS have yet to clarify, is that in order to game share across the internet with people, you've to give them your account credentials or they've to give you theirs. This is a violation of the Xbox Live Terms of Use, seen here:
    1.9. Are there things I can’t do on the Services?

Share your account password or otherwise authorized a third party to access or use the Services on your behalf unless we provide an approved mechanism

Now, the shady bit is the mention of an 'approved mechanism'. Use of 3rd party forums where complete strangers exchange account credentials cannot be considered an approved mechanism, so until MS clarify their position on this, boards will look to respect the ToU's in place by MS. If MS were to implement some form of friend system exchange via Xbox Live, then that would be what I'd expect from an approved mechanism. There's all sorts of shady going on via ebay/key sites, where they're advertising games for sale at knockdown prices, but in reality, they're selling account details etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/my-home-xbox

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/Usage-Rules

How many consoles can I use a game on?
    You will get a device license and a user license to every game you download from the Services. You can designate one console as your “Home” console and multiple users can select the same console for their Home console. The device license will automatically attach to your Home console, even if it’s not the console you are making the purchase from. As the purchaser of the game, the user license will be associated with your Xbox Live account.

Who can use my game?
    Anyone can use your game on your Home console under your device license. When you log onto any other console with your Xbox Live account, you may use all games to which you have a user license.

Basically, home sharing, in relation to setting it up, is legally limited by what Microsoft refers to as "Authorised Mechanism". Despite multiple requests for clarification, they still haven't told anyone what this mechanism is. While we consider it unlikely, Microsoft may decide that people sharing games in this fashion is against the terms of service, suddenly leaving anyone that made an "arrangement" out of pocket and missing games.

While we're aware of the fact that such sharing is wide spread, website-wide, we've decided to err on the side of legal and moral caution.

Legally, this is partly due to the changes that Sean Sherlock made in Irish law, and morally because we don't really want to be a website that encourages illegal behaviour. While everything surrounding this is a grey area, at the end of the day, we simply don't want to encourage a practice that may leave our users financially and legally hurt.

EDIT:

Or you can just read what Myrddin wrote, which answers it far more accurately! :)

From personal experience (and mods feel free to delete this post if ye think it's against the spirit of the game sharing rules) once your profile is signed in on 2 consoles at once, you'll get a security email from Microsoft reporting unusual activity on your account. You'll be asked to confirm that it's actually you by entering a security code that you follow a link to generate and is sent to your phone. This will disable the profile you left on the other Xbox, but only temporarily.
    Edit: meant to add that either you or your friend needs to delete your profile off your friends Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

CatInABox wrote: »

To remove an account from an Xbox, please follow].

Ah right, sorry about that, didn't know, Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

hi
    bought outlast few weeks back
    started playing it after Xmas. was about halfway through but when I went to play today there is no option to load game ????only new game ?
    any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

km79 wrote: »
    hi
    bought outlast few weeks back
    started playing it after Xmas. was about halfway through but when I went to play today there is no option to load game ????only new game ?
    any help appreciated

try holding the power button until the Xbox turns off this clears the local cache

sounds like it hasnt synced the game saves from the cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

dunworth1 wrote: »
    try holding the power button until the Xbox turns off this clears the local cache

sounds like it hasnt synced the game saves from the cloud

that worked thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Good stuff enjoy outlast

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Went to dl D4 on my x1 but MS are asking for a credit card to be linked to my a/c. As this won't be happening I'm wondering what other avenues I can take?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Went to dl D4 on my x1 but MS are asking for a credit card to be linked to my a/c. As this won't be happening I'm wondering what other avenues I can take?

Maybe try this:

"Sign on to Xbox.com's homepage, go to my account, payment & billing, add PayPal.

It'll take you to the sign in page and from now on when you're browsing the store on the Xbox One, it'll show up as a payment option."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Maybe try this:

"Sign on to Xbox.com's homepage, go to my account, payment & billing, add PayPal.

It'll take you to the sign in page and from now on when you're browsing the store on the Xbox One, it'll show up as a payment option."

that might be the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 22,187 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Been noticing the grinding and unreadable disc for myself too, day one xbox, however if I leave the disc at the slot and feel the xbox be more forceful in pulling in the disc it works 1st time.

May still contact Microsoft about getting it looked at if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 22,187 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Did you just do a service request via the web?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Thinking of biting the bullet and picking up a One, anybody know roughly how much a Xbox 360 (120gb), 2 controllers and 120 games is worth?

Check the Cex website or adverts to give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I just sold a 250gb with about 20 top title games for 200. so i'd say you could try go for 200-300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭badknees

Anybody else having problems logging onto Xbox live.i'm up here in the North.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not sure if Gamestop can do much. UPS picked up my machine this morning so its on it way to the Czech Republic for a holiday. That makes me sad.

The Czech Republic is beautiful and also the red light capital of Europe. Don't worry,your Xbox is going to have a GOOOOOOOD time! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement