Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The Czech Republic is beautiful and also the red light capital of Europe. Don't worry,your Xbox is going to have a GOOOOOOOD time! :D

It'll come back with a load viruses though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote: »
    It'll come back with a load viruses though :(

They're supposedly clean there, all very professional. Not like a dinghy alley in GTA or anything :pac:

I've never been there but for some reason I have the feeling that if my fiancee ever read this I'd have a lot of explaining to do lool :P

Just seen you can now upgrade to the Deluxe Edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition for just $9.99 ($8.99 with EA Access) or equivalent in local currency.

I think that's a great idea adding that as an option and wish every game implemented that feature!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just seen you can now upgrade to the Deluxe Edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition for just $9.99 ($8.99 with EA Access) or equivalent in local currency.

I think that's a great idea adding that as an option and wish every game implemented that feature!

As far as I know it doesn't actually give you all that much , not 9.99 worth at least. Some stuff for your throne and some weapons and armor I think.

calex71 wrote: »
    As far as I know it doesn't actually give you all that much , not 9.99 worth at least. Some stuff for your throne and some weapons and armor I think.

I don't have Dragon Age but I just think it's a great idea and would like it implemented on all games.

There's some games like maybe Forza Horizon 2 that I'd like to have gotten the digital better edition whatever it's called but didn't have enough funds at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Not sure if Gamestop can do much. UPS picked up my machine this morning so its on it way to the Czech Republic for a holiday. That makes me sad.

They obliged to, under consumer law. Repair, replace, refund (in that order) any product sold that isn't of merchantable quality.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Myrddin wrote: »
    They obliged to, under consumer law. Repair, replace, refund (in that order) any product sold that isn't of merchantable quality.

Minor, pedantic, correction - no order is set out, it's down to you and the vendor to agree on the most suitable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Minor, pedantic, correction - no order is set out, it's down to you and the vendor to agree on the most suitable option.

lets be honest, they will never give a refund.
    Anytime I have ever had a fault, I always insisted on a refund, but they never agree and always give me a replacement.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    lets be honest, they will never give a refund.
    Anytime I have ever had a fault, I always insisted on a refund, but they never agree and always give me a replacement.

I'd be happy with that, provided a chain store like GS was able to give me a replacement there & then, or certainly within reason anyway. This business of dealing direct with MS & involving couriers & waiting days/weeks just lets GS off the hook too easily if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure that the 6 year period you mention relates to buying a product that turns out to be different to what the manufacturers originally claimed.

I've used it numerous times. Basically the law is there to protect you from shoddy goods, no matter what the price. 2 TV's, a laptop, a toaster & a printer have all been replaced \ repaired for free way outside the 'manufacturers make believe warranty'.

They deny at first, so send a letter registered post. Then send another one. Then start small claims procedure. They have to turn up in court and argue why the TV should stop working after 2 years. Only once have I been to court, all the others settled before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

This business of dealing direct with MS & involving couriers & waiting days/weeks just lets GS off the hook too easily if you ask me.

I think (I could be wrong however - I'm pretty sure it was in one of the SCC threads on here about RROD, will try to find it) that once you go to the manufacturer ahead of the retailer, if you have any more problems down the line the retailer is no longer required to conform to the Sale and Supply of Goods Act as you have already had the product repaired/replaced elsewhere.

So you could find yourself out of warranty with MS, and not covered by your Irish rights if you have a second issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

I pay for everything using a Visa card. Any shinanigans and it's a simple call to your credit card company to request a charge back. Visa will refund you and then deal with the vendor to get their money back. The only requirement from Visa is that you first attempt to get the repair or refund yourself, so you'll need an email trail. You not only get your money back but also the pleasure that they have Visa on their backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

New guy to the Xbox club here. Bought an Xbox one today, previously had the ps3. The console is just doing an update. Can't wait to get started!!

Welcome!!!!!

die_hard_welcome_to_the_party_pal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

die_hard_welcome_to_the_party_pal.jpg

Now, how many will get that reference :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

nicklauski wrote: »

Showin' your age :pac:

Us old fogeys use it ALL the time in the Arcade & Retro forum :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Must drop in some night then :D

Must drop in some night then :D

Absolutely, it's where us glorious 80's kids hang out, revelling in the glory of the 16bit era, discussing whether the Snes or the Megadrive was the truly better machine, and if you preferred Bad Influence of Gamesmaster :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

wrt40 wrote: »
    I pay for everything using a Visa card. Any shinanigans and it's a simple call to your credit card company to request a charge back. Visa will refund you and then deal with the vendor to get their money back. The only requirement from Visa is that you first attempt to get the repair or refund yourself, so you'll need an email trail. You not only get your money back but also the pleasure that they have Visa on their backs.

The problems is that the shinanigans don't usually happen within the first year, at worst they'll ask you to deal with MS directly or get a reference number before swapping the product out. The issue here is that a chargeback is only good up to 120 days (for visa and most others).

Now now settle down grand pa , back to bed :P

So I got my new console booted up ( looking slick may I add!), put in the code for assassins creed black flag and began installing it. Now roughly 2 and a half hours later it's only on 7%. Is it supposed to be this slow to install the full game or is my internet probably acting up especially with it being a wet and windy night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Once it was downloading it for me instead installing it from the disc even when it was in the drive :o disconnect the console and install it offline is how I fixed it I think

TheGunns wrote: »
    Once it was downloading it for me instead installing it from the disc even when it was in the drive :o disconnect the console and install it offline is how I fixed it I think

Cheers I'll try that

DJ90 wrote: »
    So I got my new console booted up ( looking slick may I add!), put in the code for assassins creed black flag and began installing it. Now roughly 2 and a half hours later it's only on 7%. Is it supposed to be this slow to install the full game or is my internet probably acting up especially with it being a wet and windy night
    TheGunns wrote: »

Gunns, Dj is downloading a digital version of Assassins Creed, not from disc.

Dj, don't disconnect your internet. Gunns info only helps if it's a disc install. I believe you're downloading a digital copy of Assassins Creed so you will need internet.

How fast is your net?

Gunns, Dj is downloading a digital version of Assassins Creed, not from disc.

Dj, don't disconnect your internet. Gunns info only helps if it's a disc install. I believe you're downloading a digital copy of Assassins Creed so you will need internet.

How fast is your net?

Yes it's a digital copy. I probably should have mentioned that. Not sure how fast it is. Its quick enough most of the time throughout the house and I've the xbox in the same room as the working although I'm still using a wireless connection. Having said that the wifi can also be slow at times and they're are a good few devices connected to it and use it regularly. I'll find out now what my speed is

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys thinking of changing my TV that I use for my Xbox One.
    Would have around 300 maybe a bit more depending how much I could sell my current TV for. Looking for at least a 32" but don't need 3D or any smart features as I already have a 42" inch smart TV in the sitting room.

Any recommendations ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys thinking of changing my TV that I use for my Xbox One.
    Would have around 300 maybe a bit more depending how much I could sell my current TV for. Looking for at least a 32" but don't need 3D or any smart features as I already have a 42" inch smart TV in the sitting room.

Any recommendations ?
    Saw this in currys, looks like a decent price to me

http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/samsung-t31d310-32-led-tv/330319/6.9.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Saw this in currys, looks like a decent price to me

http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/samsung-t31d310-32-led-tv/330319/6.9.4

Good price but only HD ready. Would prefer a full HD ideally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement