Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys thinking of changing my TV that I use for my Xbox One.
    Would have around 300 maybe a bit more depending how much I could sell my current TV for. Looking for at least a 32" but don't need 3D or any smart features as I already have a 42" inch smart TV in the sitting room.

Any recommendations ?

Got a 46'' HD from Harvey Norman's last year( not the smart one) to go with the new Xbox. €700. paid for it over 12 months. worked out at €830 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Got a 46'' HD from Harvey Norman's last year( not the smart one) to go with the new Xbox. €700. paid for it over 12 months. worked out at €830 I think.

Unfortunately I wouldn't have that sort of cash at the minute to afford a TV like that.

Unfortunately I wouldn't have that sort of cash at the minute to afford a TV like that.

Paid monthly. Cost a bit more but was happy to pay it, new console, had to get a new telly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Does the XBOX ONE Smartglass Store prices appear in euro for anyone here?

Mine always opens in Sterling? But on the XBOX ONE prices appear as euro.

So I can't buy anything via the smartglass app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mr Freeze wrote: »

If you go to settings on the Smartglass, scroll down to preferences and tick the option for 'Use Console Region' then it should show prices in Euro after a reboot once you have your Xbox ONE set to Ireland.

Strange. Maybe check your sign in settings across everything?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you go to settings on the Smartglass, scroll down to preferences and tick the option for 'Use Console Region' then it should show prices in Euro after a reboot once you have your Xbox ONE set to Ireland.

It appears the Windows Phone version of Smart glass does not have that option. Bizarre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It appears the Windows Phone version of Smart glass does not have that option. Bizarre.

Probably a phone setting then. Check the "Region" setting in settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The android version has that setting , but is quiet random for me, I have it set to off as I have my console set to UK. If I open it now it will show € but if I've had the console on and the phone as been connected to it via smartglass it will show in £ for a while even after the console has been shut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Guys thinking of changing my TV that I use for my Xbox One.
    Would have around 300 maybe a bit more depending how much I could sell my current TV for. Looking for at least a 32" but don't need 3D or any smart features as I already have a 42" inch smart TV in the sitting room.

Any recommendations ?

I bought this Tv in August for €369

It's down to €290 now, can't fault it

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2249364/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

Looks good. I've an older model to that one and is still going grand would just prefer a full HD rather than HD ready.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks good. I've an older model to that one and is still going grand would just prefer a full HD rather than HD ready.

That one he linked is 1080p, is that not full hd?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Probably a phone setting then. Check the "Region" setting in settings.

Thanks a million.

The phones language was set to English (UK), set to English (Ireland) and it's fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeah it's full HD

Mickeroo wrote: »

It is. That's why I'm changing though I would like a full HD TV now. Old one is only HD ready.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It is. That's why I'm changing though I would like a full HD TV now. Old one is only HD ready.

Ah sorry I get you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

going to get a XBox One soon. Want to hook it up with the Sky box. Anyone have any opinions on this aspect? Was going to use HDMI from Sky > Xbox > TV and set up on one channel.

Also how is the speech commands working now? any tips on setting up correctly etc...

cheers

BrookieD wrote: »
    going to get a XBox One soon. Want to hook it up with the Sky box. Anyone have any opinions on this aspect? Was going to use HDMI from Sky > Xbox > TV and set up on one channel.

Also how is the speech commands working now? any tips on setting up correctly etc...

cheers

Voice commands don't work out of the box unless they've changed it. Go to settings, language&location, spoken language, english, and yap away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

BrookieD wrote: »

cheers

I dont have my sky box running through it, but I do have a free to air box (or freesat or whatever the one that gets you bbc, utv etc in ireland is).

the general functionality of it is fine, but due to the nature of the box, the oneguide doesnt work beyond the saorview channels - i.e rte1 rte 2 tv3 tg4, rte junior, 3e. after that the numbers on my box dont correspond with the numbers allocated in the oneguide, so saying "xbox, watch E4" - results in a random channel for me.

if they added a simple "xbox, go to number ###" it'd be a lot more useful, or even, "xbox, channel up / down"

On the flipside theres a part of me that's concerned about turning on my xbox just to watch tv. whatever about the extra electricity, I feel I'm wasting hours of my consoles "life" if that makes any sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

On the flipside theres a part of me that's concerned about turning on my xbox just to watch tv. whatever about the extra electricity, I feel I'm wasting hours of my consoles "life" if that makes any sense.

You're absolutely spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I use mine with Chromecast, USB powered, handy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just subbed to EA Access there, seemed rude not to :o 2 questions however:

1) In order to sub, I'd to add a credit card. This was fine, & payment went through. I can't remove this credit card as a payment option now though, as "this payment option can't be removed" comes up & mentions something about it being set for auto renewal. How can I remove the card as payment option?

2) After the card is removed as a payment option, does it have to be further removed from the EA Access hub, as I don't want it auto renewing next year without my knowledge (plus I don't want to leave any trace of this card in the hands of MS or EA tbh)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Myrddin wrote: »
    Just subbed to EA Access there, seemed rude not to :o 2 questions however:

1) In order to sub, I'd to add a credit card. This was fine, & payment went through. I can't remove this credit card as a payment option now though, as "this payment option can't be removed" comes up & mentions something about it being set for auto renewal. How can I remove the card as payment option?

2) After the card is removed as a payment option, does it have to be further removed from the EA Access hub, as I don't want it auto renewing next year without my knowledge (plus I don't want to leave any trace of this card in the hands of MS or EA tbh)

Cheers

Visit the Microsoft commerce website, this handles all your MS payment options.

https://commerce.microsoft.com

Go to subscriptions and you'll see the EA access sub. If I remember correctly you need to turn off auto renew before removing your payment details.

Once thats done go to payment details and you can remove your card there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^ Sweet, will check that out tomorrow. Cheers dude

Please don't let the term "be rude not to" become a thing here. I'm probably being irrational but it just really annoys me for some reason. Please tell me I'm not the only one lol (I probably am :P )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Please don't let the term "be rude not to" become a thing here. I'm probably being irrational but it just really annoys me for some reason. Please tell me I'm not the only one lol (I probably am :P )

Should I add that to the forum charter? I guess you could say that it'd be rude not to.

:pac:

CatInABox wrote:
    Should I add that to the forum charter? I guess you could say that it'd be rude not to.

It really would lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm taking a list of banned phrases, that one I'm with Misky on and also 'happy out' is getting added!!!! WTF does it even mean? you're happy to be out? where? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm taking a list of banned phrases, that one I'm with Misky on and also 'happy out' is getting added!!!! WTF does it even mean? you're happy to be out? where? :mad:

That you're happy from inside to outside of yourself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement