Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Visit the Microsoft commerce website, this handles all your MS payment options.

https://commerce.microsoft.com

Go to subscriptions and you'll see the EA access sub. If I remember correctly you need to turn off auto renew before removing your payment details.

Once thats done go to payment details and you can remove your card there.

Ok, still can't remove the card:
    Remove payment option:
    The following subscriptions are associated with Visa xxxx. Please change your payment option for these subscriptions before removing Visa xxxx.

EA Access

...and I can't change to payment option to nothing, I can only add a new card etc :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm taking a list of banned phrases, that one I'm with Misky on and also 'happy out' is getting added!!!! WTF does it even mean? you're happy to be out? where? :mad:

This list is gonna be totes amazeballs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Myrddin wrote: »

...and I can't change to payment option to nothing, I can only add a new card etc :confused:

Yeah, I don't think that you can, actually. I've had problems with removing cards with subscriptions on them before, even if it wasn't going to auto renew.

Perhaps give them a call?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Perhaps give them a call?

Had a feeling it'd come to that. Pretty poor form really, adding/removing payment options on the 360 was really easy for me, & I never had trouble win doing so. Whats the best number to call them on for this type of query?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

job is oxo - wrecks my head

• Advertisement

Had a feeling it'd come to that. Pretty poor form really, adding/removing payment options on the 360 was really easy for me, & I never had trouble win doing so. Whats the best number to call them on for this type of query?

What about getting one of those prepaid 3v credit card things and putting that in?

What about getting one of those prepaid 3v credit card things and putting that in?

It's just hassle isn't it. I've a credit card, debit card & can use paypal so don't see why I should jump through hoops just to be able to remove my payment info. I'll give them a ring tomorrow maybe & see what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have done it before, it won't allow you to remove the card until you cancel the subscription.

I remember thinking that EA Access would be gone but that didn't happen, once I had the sub cancelled I just clicked remove on my card and that was it.

When you try to remove your card what does it say?

I've added multiple credit cards and debit cards so card type is not the issue. It's just the subscription section is hanging onto your card because it sees you are setup for a yearly sub with EA Access. Once the sub is cancelled there is no reason for it to hold onto the CC.

I have done it before, it won't allow you to remove the card until you cancel the subscription.

I remember thinking that EA Access would be gone but that didn't happen, once I had the sub cancelled I just clicked remove on my card and that was it.

When you try to remove your card what does it say?

I'd have thought the same, I think there's an option for 'how do I cancel my subscription' or something to that effect, & in doing so, you'd lose EA Access rights. When I try to remove it, it's saying it can't because the card is associated with the EA Access sub...

I'd have thought the same, I think there's an option for 'how do I cancel my subscription' or something to that effect, & in doing so, you'd lose EA Access rights. When I try to remove it, it's saying it can't because the card is associated with the EA Access sub...

Have you found the EA Access subscription in the subscriptions tab?

• Advertisement

Have you found the EA Access subscription in the subscriptions tab?

Yep, can see it listed here in the 'Manage Subscriptions' tab...

I have just opened MS commerce to have a look, mine just says auto renewal disabled and the payment details are long gone.

I am hazy because I bought it when it first came out. What I recall was that there was an option some where to cancel or stop the service. I was nervous doing it at the time but once I confirmed EA access was still there but then I could remove the card.

I took this from the EA website which is very contradicting
    If you cancel your membership, you will retain your game progress and all earned Achievements, but you will not be able to keep playing games downloaded from The Vault unless you purchase the game or reactivate your membership. As long as you do not manually delete your save files, you may continue your game progress.

You will continue to have membership benefits all the way up to the end of your membership period.

Quite contradictory that alright. Is there an Irish support phone number I can call them on?

Is "Disable renew" present when you click on EA access via this route?
    Billing >> Subscriptions >> EA Access.

Once you click on ea access you'll see where it says disable renew.
    Quite contradictory that alright. Is there an Irish support phone number I can call them on?
    Not sure, maybe the lads might know.

A few people online point here for disabling auto-renew - https://account.xbox.com/en-US/MyAccount

Is "Disable renew" present when you click on EA access via this route?
    Billing >> Subscriptions >> EA Access.

Once you click on ea access you'll see where it says disable renew.

Only things showing in that screen are:
    EA Access
    view history view transactions contact support

Status
    Active

How can I cancel my service?

Subscription expires
    10/01/2016

How can I renew my service?

Description
    EA Access

Pending payments
    No pending balances. Auto-renew is not enabled

Payment Option
    Visa: xxxxxxxx
    change payment option

I'll try the webchat route...

Only things showing in that screen are:

I'll try the webchat route...

Thats interesting, your auto renew is not enabled and there are no pending balances, these were the exact reason my card couldn't be removed at the time.

Xbox support webchat is really good. I am sure they'll remove the card behind the scenes. Maybe you might ask how you could have removed the card from the commerce website just to fill others in here. I remember it being a little tricky to do.

The job is oxo! MS webchat is totes amazeballs, very much like Amazon's service. I left the operator some good feedback, because it would be rude not to, & I'm happy out now that all is done!

For the record, auto-renew was showing as disabled on my end, but it wasn't on his end so he figures it is some kind of glitch in the sign up process.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, the front end on that commerce site is absolutely terrible, but dealing with the guys behind the scenes has always been top class.

Whenever I sign into the commerce site, it always starts in Czech. Haven't a notion of what it's saying, and less idea as to why it's in that language in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, the front end on that commerce site is absolutely terrible, but dealing with the guys behind the scenes has always been top class.

Whenever I sign into the commerce site, it always starts in Czech. Haven't a notion of what it's saying, and less idea as to why it's in that language in the first place.

there should be a drop down in the upper right to change the language, my other account is in Hungarian from that time there were good prices on their marketplace, I had to google translate the page to find it the 1st time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

calex71 wrote:
    there should be a drop down in the upper right to change the language, my other account is in Hungarian from that time there were good prices on their marketplace, I had to google translate the page to find it the 1st time 

ah dem were the days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Found this fascinating.

An examination of the evolution of the X1 as told through leaked dev kits. Shows the initial 'vision' for the X1 as a Kinect driven media hub and the total about face turn as they desperately try to wrong more horsepower out of the graphics which are totally outgunned by the PS4.

Kinda makes me sad to think of the war machine they could've made if they hadn't splooged so much on the kinect and TV crap.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-evolution-of-xbox-one-as-told-by-sdk-leak

quad_red wrote: »
    Found this fascinating.

An examination of the evolution of the X1 as told through leaked dev kits. Shows the initial 'vision' for the X1 as a Kinect driven media hub and the total about face turn as they desperately try to wrong more horsepower out of the graphics which are totally outgunned by the PS4.

Kinda makes me sad to think of the war machine they could've made if they hadn't splooged so much on the kinect and TV crap.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-evolution-of-xbox-one-as-told-by-sdk-leak

I think Xbox gamers are in a better position now due to Microsoft's F-up. It's been quite a journey from November 2013 to present. It's great watching MS make frequent updates from owner feedback, pushing great deals and being all round competitive.

The difference between the PS4 and XB1 is minuscule now with all the performance increases.

I think PS4 sales are going to continue to motivate Microsoft to provide us with even greater value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

My friend has bo2 saved on her xbox

I signed into my xbox on her profile and downloaded the game but i can only play the game if im signed in her profile?? Taught i could play it no?

And does that mean if i sell my 360 with 40 games on it that whoever buys it cant play the games??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rottie 11 wrote: »
    My friend has bo2 saved on her xbox

I signed into my xbox on her profile and downloaded the game but i can only play the game if im signed in her profile?? Taught i could play it no?

And does that mean if i sell my 360 with 40 games on it that whoever buys it cant play the games??

On 360 content is bound to both the console and the profile.

So anyone can play the game on the console it was bought on , if you want to play on a different one the account that bought it must me signed in.

If say that console broke and you got a new one, you would have to be singed in on that or have the licenses transferred.

I think Xbox gamers are in a better position now due to Microsoft's F-up. It's been quite a journey from November 2013 to present. It's great watching MS make frequent updates from owner feedback, pushing great deals and being all round competitive.

The difference between the PS4 and XB1 is minuscule now with all the performance increases.

I think PS4 sales are going to continue to motivate Microsoft to provide us with even greater value.

First of all, I bought an X1 so the package still got me.

But Sony haven't really had to optimise yet. Reading articles on specs and comparisons with the previous gen, both this gens consoles are seriously hobbled by rubbish CPUs with little head room for expansion.

Where there is headroom is in utilising the GPU which is where the PS4 shows loads of potential, far far more than the X1.

I guess what I'm saying is that when push comes to shove, I think the overall life and capabilities of the X1 (compared to the PS4) were screwed by MS in favour of gimmicks that they've already flushed down the toilet.

One thing to consider when talking about the development of the Xbox One is the state of the industry at the time. The Wii was dominating sales of hardware, the original Kinect had just come out, and had quickly become a massive success story for Microsoft, what with it becoming both the fastest and highest selling console accessory.

Further, the Xbox 360 had just passed a milestone, with more TV and media being consumed on it than games.

An executive in charge of a division could look at that and say to himself that this is the future of gaming, and that the next console should cater to that to capture the most audience.

Of course, any gamer could point out the flaws in that kind of thinking, but with the purges in Microsoft at the time, mainly in the Xbox division, there wasn't anyone shouting stop. Media became the focus, and that's something that they're trying desperately to fix now.

Also, while this is a discussion worth having, please try to stay away from the PS4 comparisons and stuff like that.

quad_red wrote: »
    First of all, I bought an X1 so the package still got me.

But Sony haven't really had to optimise yet. Reading articles on specs and comparisons with the previous gen, both this gens consoles are seriously hobbled by rubbish CPUs with little head room for expansion.

Where there is headroom is in utilising the GPU which is where the PS4 shows loads of potential, far far more than the X1.

I guess what I'm saying is that when push comes to shove, I think the overall life and capabilities of the X1 (compared to the PS4) were screwed by MS in favour of gimmicks that they've already flushed down the toilet.

I agree that both consoles are very limited, you only have to look at Assassins Creed Unity to see how under powered they both are.

This will be a very short console generation, with the PC continuing to make graphical leaps this will pressure console brands to move up the ladder at a quicker rate.

I don't expect any noticeable difference between both consoles to arise in this gen. Sony have definitely had to optimise the PS4, many titles launched sub 1080p native such as Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs and KillZone Shadowfall and now we see Sony starting to drop the “looks better on Playstation slogan" as the XB1 titles begin to look and perform similarly on both platforms.

What's great is that the resources allocated for the Kinect can and have been relocated to where they are needed. That's the main thing, it would have been awful if they couldn't change this.

I agree that both consoles are very limited, you only have to look at Assassins Creed Unity to see how under powered they both are.

This will be a very short console generation, with the PC continuing to make graphical leaps this will pressure console brands to move up the ladder at a quicker rate.

I don't expect any noticeable difference between both consoles to arise in this gen. Sony have definitely had to optimise the PS4, many titles launched sub 1080p native such as Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs and KillZone Shadowfall and now we see Sony starting to drop the “looks better on Playstation slogan" as the XB1 titles begin to look and perform similarly on both platforms.

What's great is that the resources allocated for the Kinect can and have been relocated to where they are needed. That's the main thing, it would have been awful if they couldn't change this.

I'd be in agreement that it'll be a shorter generation as well, but I reckon the next revision of consoles will allow for backwards compatibilty with the xbox one and ps4, seeing as both of them are effectively watered down pcs at this point anyway.

I'd be in agreement that it'll be a shorter generation as well, but I reckon the next revision of consoles will allow for backwards compatibilty with the xbox one and ps4, seeing as both of them are effectively watered down pcs at this point anyway.

Indeed, backward compatibility is almost certain. The main reason that Xbox 360 to Xbox One compatibility couldn't be maintained is due to the change of processor architecture from PowerPC to x86.

It's highly unlikely that they'll now change back to a different design, as x86 producers are looking for the same things as console manufacturers, such as a balance between speed, heat, energy efficiency and cost.

• Advertisement

Ye think? Seems like a guaranteed revenue stream to do remasters now, especially early in the new generation when there was a shortage of games!

If people could genuinely play their old games on a new console the numbers paying to play remasters will surely be reduced significantly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement