Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

calex71 wrote: »
    On 360 content is bound to both the console and the profile.

So anyone can play the game on the console it was bought on , if you want to play on a different one the account that bought it must me signed in.

If say that console broke and you got a new one, you would have to be singed in on that or have the licenses transferred.

Oh rite cheers

Taught i was getting a freebie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

quad_red wrote: »
    Ye think? Seems like a guaranteed revenue stream to do remasters now, especially early in the new generation when there was a shortage of games!

If people could genuinely play their old games on a new console the numbers paying to play remasters will surely be reduced significantly?

I'd be more of the thinking that a lot of developers were caught on the hop with how quickly the new consoles were adopted by the mass market, in that they found themselves with no games ready to ship to the new platform, so it was a case of "slap a new coat of paint on this and it'll get some cash in the door"

I mean, was there really much of a demand for Metro Redux and Sleeping Dogs Remastered?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'd be more of the thinking that a lot of developers were caught on the hop with how quickly the new consoles were adopted by the mass market, in that they found themselves with no games ready to ship to the new platform, so it was a case of "slap a new coat of paint on this and it'll get some cash in the door"

I mean, was there really much of a demand for Metro Redux and Sleeping Dogs Remastered?

Fair point.

But how much profit was made?

Like I'm sure AAA games are now being made with some thought of potential remasters down the road - like making sure 4k res resources are kept to hand etc.

quad_red wrote: »
    Fair point.

But how much profit was made?

Like I'm sure AAA games are now being made with some thought of potential remasters down the road - like making sure 4k res resources are kept to hand etc.

hard to know how much profit is made, but you'd have to assume that the investment vs return has been well looked at, At the end of the day, these companies are still answering to financial advisors and accountants. I think any console game that has also come out on PC has a lot of the work done already, to get it running on the new machines. ones that were console exclusive probably need a bigger time investment to get them up and running. This is probably the case going forward as well - there was some PC game out recently that had a super HD texture pack available - I cant think of it now but I'm sure someone will remember it. Apparently it would only run on the very very highest end pcs, Id imagine that kind of asset storage ae will be quite common.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Would this code work for my XB1?

Are the region codes ok?

https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-3-months-gold-subscription-card-gold-pl-eu-us.html#

10.79 from a Russian seller seems decent

• Advertisement

Would this code work for my XB1?

Are the region codes ok?

https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-3-months-gold-subscription-card-gold-pl-eu-us.html#

10.79 from a Russian seller seems decent

They're region free so you should be good to go. If you can stretch to it, you can get 12 months for 32 dollars here (27 euros)
    https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-12-months-gold-subscription-card-gold-pl-eu-us.html

(scroll down to see the offers)

Does anyone know the best way to track how much time you've spent playing a game? If you go to smartglass and compare yourself and a friend, it gives an hour value and percentage complete for both, but the times are radically off IMO.

for example, battlefield 4 shows about 300 hours, but battlelog has me at 130 (which is definitely more in line with what i'd be expecting)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think smartglass records all time spent in game, including sitting in menus and loading - whereas battelog is probably actual playtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Does anyone know the best way to track how much time you've spent playing a game? If you go to smartglass and compare yourself and a friend, it gives an hour value and percentage complete for both, but the times are radically off IMO.

for example, battlefield 4 shows about 300 hours, but battlelog has me at 130 (which is definitely more in line with what i'd be expecting)

Is your console set to "always on" and recording the time you're switched off as gametime, if you haven't manually quit the game?

My Dragon Age shows a hugely inflated gametime because of that.

Jenda wrote: »
    Is your console set to "always on" and recording the time you're switched off as gametime, if you haven't manually quit the game?

My Dragon Age shows a hugely inflated gametime because of that.

That's what I'm thinking, I'd say if you start watching Netflix or tv and the game is running in the background, it counts it as well .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

So im going trading in my ps3 slim to cex along with gta v fifa 15 cod aw and the last of us and will get a voucher worth around 250. I want to buy a few games for my Xbox one ( already have AC black flag and Ac unity) . Id like a racing game a sports game and an action adventure game. So for each category what game would you pick.
    racing game: forza horizon, 2 forza 5, the crew, or nfs rivals
    sports: madden 15, nba2k15, nhl15
    adventure: far cry 4, tomb raider definitive edition, gta v again!)
    what do yo guys think?! Also is there any top games coming out soon so that I can leave a bit of money on the voucher for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

DJ90 wrote: »
    So im going trading in my ps3 slim to cex along with gta v fifa 15 cod aw and the last of us and will get a voucher worth around 250. I want to buy a few games for my Xbox one ( already have AC black flag and Ac unity) . Id like a racing game a sports game and an action adventure game. So for each category what game would you pick.
    what do yo guys think?! Also is there any top games coming out soon so that I can leave a bit of money on the voucher for

Id pick up the EA access. At the moment the games available in the vault are UFC, Madden 25, Need for Speed Rivals,Battlefield 4, Plants vs Zombie garden warfare, Peggle 2, Fifa 15.
    http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_IE.html

For the action adventure maybe Wolfenstein the new order or shadow of Mordor.

Coming soon is Witcher3 dying light and Evolve ( Evolve isn't one I'd be interested in myself)

Cheers for the reply. I'll definitely look into that ea access. Heard a few good things about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd recommend EA Access, Forza Horizon 2 and Tomb Raider Definitive edition (really enjoyed this game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'd be in agreement that it'll be a shorter generation as well, but I reckon the next revision of consoles will allow for backwards compatibilty with the xbox one and ps4, seeing as both of them are effectively watered down pcs at this point anyway.

It's still not 100% certain we'll get a next generation to be fair. R&D work is happening, and Nintendo will definitely get another one out, but it might not be necessary for Sony and Microsoft

Before I commit to the ea access sub theres a question I just to ask. Am I able to download all the free games on offer or just one. I would be interested in nfs, ufc, and even peggle looks cool. If I can do that then the subscription seems a no brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Before I commit to the ea access sub theres a question I just to ask. Am I able to download all the free games on offer or just one. I would be interested in nfs, ufc, and even peggle looks cool. If I can do that then the subscription seems a no brainer

All of them.

All of them!

Ok wow. Are nfs and ufc both free to play or are they just discounts

The subscription gets you full access to all the games and their DLC, plus discounts on all other EA titles that aren't yet in the vault.

EDIT: dont know why I had it in my head you get all DLC!

• Advertisement

Ok wow. Are nfs and ufc both free to play or are they just discounts

free free free.

if its in the vault, its 100% free, otherwise you get a 10% discount on titles that are not in the vault, and also early access in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

maximoose wrote: »
    The subscription gets you full access to all the games and their DLC, plus discounts on all other EA titles that aren't yet in the vault.

You have access to all the DLC too, for say Battlefield?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Liamalone wrote:

No just the base game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    No just the base game.

*shakes fist at Misky*
    Darn you lol, had thought I'd just missed a trick there and didn't realise the DLC was part of it.

Console is back in my arms after its repair with a note of apology and a months sub. Time to see how she goes

has it any sordid tales or faint smells from its time in ze czech republic? oh, if that kinect could only talk... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Edit : Odd that I have to re register it for the preview program. Just asking myself if its the same console. Has the new dash rolled out with the transparent tiles?

Check the serial number against the one you registered on Xbox.com Yeah the transparent tiles are on the latest dashboard preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

She's clean as a whistle :)

On the outside...

Going through setup like it just came out of the shop so fingers crossed.

Edit : Odd that I have to re register it for the preview program. Just asking myself if its the same console. Has the new dash rolled out with the transparent tiles?

When you OOBE the box it resets a lot of stuff on LIVE services. Might not be the same console though, sometimes you'll just get a replacement if the hardware team need to pull the box apart to investigate an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Liamalone wrote: »
    You do get a 10% discount on the DLC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,187 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Console is back in my arms after its repair with a note of apology and a months sub. Time to see how she goes

Mines is in Germany at the min original delivery date for Czech Republic was tomorrow now it is saying Monday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thinking of getting xbox one.
    Kinect or no kinect? Is it worth the extra few quid?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement