Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Edit - factor in the cost of a bog standard controller into the price of that and it doesnt seem too out of the way really.

Bar the paddles - between amazon and ebay you could buy a standard controller, domed thumbsticks, yellow housing, led, trigger stops, SCUF pro grips and a torx screwdriver for about €90 and put it together yourself.

Might not look as good as the SCUF version though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Bar the paddles - between amazon and ebay you could buy a standard controller, domed thumbsticks, yellow housing, led, trigger stops, SCUF pro grips and a torx screwdriver for about €90 and put it together yourself.

Fair enough, but thats assuming that you're not a hamfisted oaf like myself who'd butcher wiring a plug, not to mind soldering circuits :D. Also, you'd be assuming that a fella has a soldering iron, drill, etc etc.

Think the only thing you'd need to solder would be the LED, unless the internals have changed massively from the 360 pad.

As an aside, while pricing all that crap I saw the controller is down to €46 delivered on Amazon. Think that's the cheapest I've seen it, gonna try Flubit and see if they can get anything off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Any news on if skygo is going to be in the xbox one yet?

Tilikum wrote: »
    Any news on if skygo is going to be in the xbox one yet?

now tv (sky subscription service) is coming next month, no update on sky go as yet.

• Advertisement

Got the controller for €44 delivered using Flubit/Parcel Motel.

Got the controller for €44 delivered using Flubit/Parcel Motel.

Nice, thats a good price for a brand new controller.

Just something I noticed last night,

has anyone played in a party on their 360 lately? The improvements that have been made to party chat really hit home. the sound quality is miles better that on the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just something I noticed last night,

has anyone played in a party on their 360 lately? The improvements that have been made to party chat really hit home. the sound quality is miles better that on the 360.

Wasn't sure if it was just me, as I've been using a set of X0 Four but crystal clear compared to the 360 so much so that there have been people who I chat to regularly that sound totally different now, not as deep voiced and manly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Might not look as good as the SCUF version though :)

Sure why don't you just buy all the individual components of the console and build your own Xbox One then?

Post pics.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Sure why don't you just buy all the individual components of the console and build your own Xbox One then?

How is that even remotely similar? The €200 pad isn't an official product, it's custom mods on a large scale.

Blazer, did you go for the standard length thumbsticks? Curious if longer ones make much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How is that even remotely similar? The €200 pad isn't an official product, it's custom mods on a large scale.

Blazer, did you go for the standard length thumbsticks? Curious if longer ones make much of a difference.

I'd suggest looking at Kontrol Freaks. They clip onto your thumbsticks and can be bought in different heights. I can't play without them anymore !!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd suggest looking at Kontrol Freaks. They clip onto your thumbsticks and can be bought in different heights. I can't play without them anymore !!

I used to use the on my 360pad, but tbh the Xbox one pad is so good I feel like I don't need them.

Yeah I think I'm happy enough as well with the xbox one pad. I've always used domed right sticks on my 360 controllers but haven't felt the need to change on the x1.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I used to use the on my 360pad, but tbh the Xbox one pad is so good I feel like I don't need them.

I know what you mean but my aim has improved since I started using them :)

Sunset Overdrive is really starting to look great

Hopefully we get to see a lot of it at e3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The Cex stores seem good value for the one games picked up a few today..

Need for speed €30
    Dead Rising €38
    Thief €45

That's a lot cheaper than xtravision and game stop for used games. The discs look perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Well they did it.

They've just announced a $399 Xbox One, without Kinect in the box.
    http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

So €399? or maybe €350?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well they did it.

So €399? or maybe €350?

Now, the games afoot...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

form the link above games with gold coming to x1 in june
    We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

€399 according to AceyBongos, the UK Xbox fellow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So €399? or maybe €350?
    Surely €399 when the Irish government have taken their pound of flesh?

More interestingly are the free games and discounted games for, um, Goldmembers. I still have a urge to give COD Ghosts a go so hoping to see that discounted at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well they did it.

So €399? or maybe €350?

Interesting , I see that is without the Kinect as well. Whole new strategy here.

I'm in the market for Xbox One but would people recommend the connect or not?

I use the xbox a lot for media watching as well as games so the voice control aspect appeals to me.

Dades wrote: »

More interestingly are the free games and discounted games for, um, Goldmembers. I still have a urge to give COD Ghosts a go so hoping to see that discounted at some point.

COD ghosts has been discounted more times than week old bread. thats about the only reason its still the top selling game on xbox one.

great news on games with gold coming to xbox one. the downside is that its going to be the likes of lococycle, halo wars and panzer dragoon for the first 6 months.

I cant believe they've gotten rid of the kinect, The only way i could have seen them claw back sonys lead was to cut the price below ps4 while still keeping the system as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dades wrote: »

Bit harsh on the Irish government as people forget that the advertised US prices exclude US sales taxes that are added on at checkout.

Gran Hermano just posted this over in the "games with gold" thread, I hope he doesnt mind me copying it here

To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.” We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Makes me wish I'd held me piddle now and waited to get one, I've no interest or use for a kinect really.

Quite happy with those two free games in June - Limited catalogue for them to chose from at the minute I suppose, but I've been close to buying both of those recently so I can hold off now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

COD ghosts has been discounted more times than week old bread. thats about the only reason its still the top selling game on xbox one.

great news on games with gold coming to xbox one. the downside is that its going to be the likes of lococycle, halo wars and panzer dragoon for the first 6 months.

I cant believe they've gotten rid of the kinect, The only way i could have seen them claw back sonys lead was to cut the price below ps4 while still keeping the system as is.

It was useless to the games and added nothing at all. The people buying the first wave of consoles are gamers, many did not want to spend an extra €100 on voice commands and I don't blame them. That stuff is for the casuals.

Dropping the kinect makes the X1 way more appealing and is a good move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Great move, this chap seems to have a much better grasp of how to do things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement