Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

OK so have the cash sorted and about to invest in a shiny Xbox One with Kinnect - will have a gold account signed up for soon. apart from this is there any thing else i should be getting or plan for?

Do i need a US account? if so any pointers?
    do i need to change location? if so why?
    anything else please let me know

Cheers and hope to see a few heads on Horizon over the weekend (right deal depending... Wife allowing game time...lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Is it just me or is XBOX live really unstable at the moment, and has been for a few weeks now?

I haven't turned on the 360, but on the ONE, those friends and activity tabs rarely work now, and I keep getting dropped from online games (now that could be a GTA online thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Is it just me or is XBOX live really unstable at the moment, and has been for a few weeks now?

I haven't turned on the 360, but on the ONE, those friends and activity tabs rarely work now, and I keep getting dropped from online games (now that could be a GTA online thing).

multiplayer is fine for me, so that could be a GTA thing, but all the other features like you mentioned are cat altogether at the moment. its a pure lottery as to whether or not I'll see my friends list or the activity feed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

BrookieD wrote: »
    OK so have the cash sorted and about to invest in a shiny Xbox One with Kinnect - will have a gold account signed up for soon. apart from this is there any thing else i should be getting or plan for?

Do i need a US account? if so any pointers?
    do i need to change location? if so why?
    anything else please let me know

Cheers and hope to see a few heads on Horizon over the weekend (right deal depending... Wife allowing game time...lol)

Look into EA Access, loads of games for €25 a year. Well worth it. There's a thread on it here.

Any method of purchasing games using a fake address is not allowed on boards, but it you take a look at the bargains thread, you'll find plenty of deals that don't require a fake address.

Other than that, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone have any experience with MAC address mirroring?

Debating whether to bring the XB1 to the college accommodation next week. To use the WiFi or Use Ethernet on the laptop I have to sign in with a username and password... On the PS3 you can type this in at the browser. Not sure about XB1 though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone have any experience with MAC address mirroring?

Debating whether to bring the XB1 to the college accommodation next week. To use the WiFi or Use Ethernet on the laptop I have to sign in with a username and password... On the PS3 you can type this in at the browser. Not sure about XB1 though...

Xbox has a browser so should be no different.

Supplying a log on in a browser is not mac mirroring, do they require your mac to be registered to use the network also ? On 360 it would allow you in network settings you specify an alternate mac, don't know about the one as I never looked but I'd imagine it's an option.

calex71 wrote: »

Supplying a log on in a browser is not mac mirroring, do they require your mac to be registered to use the network also ? On 360 it would allow you in network settings you specify an alternate mac, don't know about the one as I never looked but I'd imagine it's an option.

As far as I remember I couldn't enter browser on the 360 until I was connected to the internet. Hoping it isn't the same on the XB1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is coming in March, huzzah! Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2 remastered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just checked there, there is an "Alternative MAC" on the Xbox One as well.

EDIT: I yanked the LAN cable out of my Xbox One there Copper, and it doesn't look good. A message appear saying that I needed to be online for IE to start. Not sure if it'll work while it's connected to a network though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,190 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mcgovern wrote: »
    Not trying to be a kill joy, but I received mine back on Wednesday, having been sent on the 29th. It was still broken, looks like they didn't even try to turn it on. I've spent 6 hours talking to them since then trying to sort out an Advanced Exchange, eventually gave up and went with a normal repair again, and now waiting for my labels to be sent....

See soon i guess if they have done anything as they have said my console is now on its way back.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just checked there, there is an "Alternative MAC" on the Xbox One as well.

EDIT: I yanked the LAN cable out of my Xbox One there Copper, and it doesn't look good. A message appear saying that I needed to be online for IE to start. Not sure if it'll work while it's connected to a network though.

I suppose I'll have to Connect it up using the laptop so and turn on network sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Has anyone set up Eircom e-vision on the Xbox one???, I want to setup the box so I can control it from the Xbox. I have entered e-vision in, and the one guide works but I am unable to get the Xbox to remote control the e-vision box.

I tried the netgem in the model number but no joy.

Kind Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Deluded Oreo

Literally just got home and wanted to chill on FIFA with some mates for a few hours before I go out to the Spurs game...
    But we can't even get into a party together cause this bloody garbage service is down AGAIN!!!

Literally just got home and wanted to chill on FIFA with some mates for a few hours before I go out to the pub for the game tonight...
    But we can't even get into a party together cause this bloody garbage service is having issues AGAIN!!!!

Since September I can't even count how many times it hasn't showed friends or just been down in general jesus christ XBL has gone the down the gutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Literally just got home and wanted to chill on FIFA with some mates for a few hours before I go out to the Spurs game...
    But we can't even get into a party together cause this bloody garbage service is down AGAIN!!!
    Currently 25 Irish gamers on my friends list are active and in party chat, maybe hold the power button down for 7 seconds and retry.

* edit: There is an active Social & Gaming service alert at the moment, so that will be effecting some gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Was down for me last night, but I could see 3 of my friends were online playing Destiny and the likes

Currently 25 Irish gamers on my friends list are active and in party chat, maybe hold the power button down for 7 seconds and retry.

Two of the lads were having problems since morning.

It's only started working just now for us though.
    Still an absolute joke for a monthly subscription service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I had no issues last night, just the odd issue with the Destiny servers where I was kicked from a game.

is there anywhere that collects data on how many service alerts occur over time? I'd love to see a graph on that.

is there anywhere that collects data on how many service alerts occur over time? I'd love to see a graph on that.

That sounds like it should be something you would expect reddit to be all over.

Haven't checked in a while but last time I found nothing even close on there, interwebs have been oddly quiet on this so far with their lack of fusses being kicked up :confused:

• Advertisement

That sounds like it should be something you would expect reddit to be all over.

Haven't checked in a while but last time I found nothing even close on there, interwebs have been oddly quiet on this so far with their lack of fusses being kicked up :confused:

yeah, i cant fathom it myself, and tbh I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore, an hour in the evenings if I'm lucky, so I'd imagine other folks would be getting rightly peed off about it.

Any one watching the windows event? Not much Xbox console related yet, but cross platform play in the new fable game was demoed.

Ah, game streaming from Xbox One to any windows 10 device just shown, nice. You seem to be able to start any of your games from the Xbox App, along with your Xbox (I think), pretty impressive so far. Another benefit of going fully digital this generation.

Any one watching the windows event? Not much Xbox console related yet, but cross platform play in the new fable game was demoed.

Ah, game streaming from Xbox One to any windows 10 device just shown, nice. You seem to be able to start any of your games from the Xbox App, along with your Xbox (I think), pretty impressive so far. Another benefit of going fully digital this generation.

Best thing I've seen so far is that it will be a free update, windows 10 that is.

Oh wait, free in the 1st year, and details are sketchy indeed after that.

Best thing I've seen so far is that it will be a free update, windows 10 that is.

And free for almost everyone as well. Those Windows 2000 and Windows XP diehards are left behind.

And free for almost everyone as well. Those Windows 2000 and Windows XP diehards are left behind.

well they deserve it :P

But I am glad they are not shafting people with windows 8 mobile devices like they did with windows phone 7.

The sizzle reel of how it works.

One thing I'd like to see is start join party from smartglass/windows 10, the way things are looking in that video and have been looking for a long time now is that they want to do all that kind of stuff off the xbox and given how laggy snapping etc is I can see why. Can take 30-45 seconds to start handing out party invites sometimes for me :mad:

If second screen tech is their solution I'm semi OK with it. It's far quicker to replay to a message on your phone now that there is no chat pad anyway.

Edit: Also some chatter around regarding Spencer 's battle toads shirt, that was made by Rare wasn't it ???? Hmmmmm interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

How do I use the smartglass app to see how many hours ive clocked up in a game. I think I've heard people saying you could do this and I was just curious to see how long I've spent on black flag

DJ90 wrote: »
    How do I use the smartglass app to see how many hours ive clocked up in a game. I think I've heard people saying you could do this and I was just curious to see how long I've spent on black flag

go into achievements on the app, then select the game.

I wouldn't put massive faith in its accuracy though, I think it keeps counting if the game is still running in the background while you're watching neflix, tv etc.
    For battlefield 4 it reckons ive over 300 hours put in, but battlelog reckons 130, which is the figure I would have estimated myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MS Holo-lens looks absolutely incredible. When I saw the promo vids I thought ok, that looks great - but it's a promo vid, it will never look anything like that in reality.

But every single hands-on write up seems to be saying it's a true portrayal of it's abilities, and the tech is amazing.

Will be very interesting to see what gaming use it might have, aside from the building type games like Minecraft - imagine an AR horror game walking around your own house!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement