Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Has anybody on here got pes 2015. I'm having a bit of trouble here. I bought pes2015 today (disc copy) and had to install it. About 10% in the install the game was ready to play and it only consisted of a demo match between two teams. I then left for a couple of hours so that the install could finish. When I came back the install seemed to be done as there was no progress bar. When I went to play again it is still the 2 team demo match. Ive tried turning off the console and taking out the disk and putting it back in but it is still only allowing me to play this demo. Anybody got any suggestions. Should I uninstall it then install it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,129 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

DJ90 wrote: »
    Has anybody on here got pes 2015. I'm having a bit of trouble here. I bought pes2015 today (disc copy) and had to install it. About 10% in the install the game was ready to play and it only consisted of a demo match between two teams. I then left for a couple of hours so that the install could finish. When I came back the install seemed to be done as there was no progress bar. When I went to play again it is still the 2 team demo match. Ive tried turning off the console and taking out the disk and putting it back in but it is still only allowing me to play this demo. Anybody got any suggestions. Should I uninstall it then install it again?

Try uninstalling the game and disconnect from the internet and try install the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

calex71 wrote: »
    Best thing I've seen so far is that it will be a free update, windows 10 that is.

Oh wait, free in the 1st year, and details are sketchy indeed after that.
    The update is free in the first year for Win 7, 8.1 and Phone 8.1 users. If you look to upgrade after that you will have to pay for the update.

All updates for Windows 10 after that will be free also, according to Terry Myerson of MS (Head of the operating systems group).
    This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device – at no cost.

(Link)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Try uninstalling the game and disconnect from the internet and try install the game again.

Thank you so much! It worked and I can't believe how quicker it installs when not connected to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,129 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

DJ90 wrote: »
    Thank you so much! It worked and I can't believe how quicker it installs when not connected to the internet

It was downloading updates as its installing when connected to the internet. Always best to turn off WiFi and install then let it download updates once installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Got a problem with my xb1, it keeps freezing. Happens alot when im on internet explorer but its starting to happen now when im playing games. I was playing minecraft there and i pressed the home button just to check something and it froze so i turned off the console and turned back on and was still froze.

A hard reset solved it but i cant keep doing that every fw days when it decides to freeze.

Please tell me its not ****ed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Does it always happen on the same websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Got a problem with my xb1, it keeps freezing. Happens alot when im on internet explorer but its starting to happen now when im playing games. I was playing minecraft there and i pressed the home button just to check something and it froze so i turned off the console and turned back on and was still froze.

A hard reset solved it but i cant keep doing that every fw days when it decides to freeze.

Please tell me its not ****ed :(

What power mode are you using. Instant on or power saving mode?

Does it always happen on the same websites?

It can happenon any website or in games

What power mode are you using. Instant on or power saving mode?

Its set to instant on, tbh im not sure what that even does?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its set to instant on, tbh im not sure what that even does?
    I had moved between the 2 power settings and I find power saver to be less prone to freezing.
    Power saver means when you turn it off it is fully shutdown.

When you use instant on the console remains on in a low power state. In this mode games and updates can be downloaded automatically.

I move between the 2 power modes. If a game is coming out that I want to download remotely I leave the console on instant on mode and when that's done I switch back to power saver mode.

I had moved between the 2 power settings and I find power saver to be less prone to freezing.
    Power saver means when you turn it off it is fully shutdown.

When you use instant on the console remains on in a low power state. In this mode games and updates can be downloaded automatically.

I move between the 2 power modes. If a game is coming out that I want to download remotely I leave the console on instant on mode and when that's done I switch back to power saver mode.

Ah ya like if i have a game downloading i should put it to instant on mode? Il switch it back to power saving and see if it helps. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Ah ya like if i have a game downloading i should put it to instant on mode? Il switch it back to power saving and see if it helps. Thanks

Instnat on is like standby or hibernation on a PC, it's a low power mode.

To give the xbox a hat reset hold the power button on the front for about 5 seconds it will beep and then reboot that usually fixes freezing issues.

Furp wrote: »
    Instnat on is like standby or hibernation on a PC, it's a low power mode.

To give the xbox a hat reset hold the power button on the front for about 5 seconds it will beep and then reboot that usually fixes freezing issues.

I did reset the xbox a few times but it only solves it temporarly

Is it plugged into an extension lead or 4 plug adapter thing? Apparently that effects it as well. Maybe make sure that the airflow is clear around the console as well.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Anybody heard of any rumours on when the first set of hardware changes will hit the One (larger HDD, smaller chassis etc)

the bigger HDD has already been done, both in the Advanced warfare custom console with rotten paintjob. I think miskyboy on here fitted a bigger one internally too.

Can i use my external hardrive that i bought for my xb1 on the 360? Its the seagate 2tb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Can i use my external hardrive that i bought for my xb1 on the 360? Its the seagate 2tb ?

If they use the exact same formatting maybe! I'd plug it in and see can it see it or not.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    If they use the exact same formatting maybe! I'd plug it in and see can it see it or not.

Cheers just plugged it in ther and it seems to have worked:)

A friend of mine bought an XBOX ONE at the weekend, I recommended it to him, and he has loads of issue with his controller randomly disconnecting and reconnecting again after a few seconds.

The screen goes black and says that the controller has been disconnected. I am waiting on him to get a picture of the exact error message, it's only on screen for a few seconds before reconnecting. It doesn't pause the game either when it happens, so loads of cars and planes have been crashed in GTA.

I resynced and updated the controller for him and it is still happening. It could happen 2 - 3 times in an hour.

Anyone experienced this?

I have a ONE also, and 2 controllers but have not this happen.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine bought an XBOX ONE at the weekend, I recommended it to him, and he has loads of issue with his controller randomly disconnecting and reconnecting again after a few seconds.

The screen goes black and says that the controller has been disconnected. I am waiting on him to get a picture of the exact error message, it's only on screen for a few seconds before reconnecting. It doesn't pause the game either when it happens, so loads of cars and planes have been crashed in GTA.

I resynced and updated the controller for him and it is still happening. It could happen 2 - 3 times in an hour.

Anyone experienced this?

have you tried using one of your controllers on his xbox? at least that'd tell you whether the problem is with the xbox or the controller.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone experienced this?

Does he have his mobile phone anywhere near his controller? My phone has knocked off my controller on me several times.

have you tried using one of your controllers on his xbox? at least that'd tell you whether the problem is with the xbox or the controller.

That is the next step. Will be trying that tomorrow evening.

Not sure about his mobile, will look into that.

That is the next step. Will be trying that tomorrow evening.

Not sure about his mobile, will look into that.

also check if theres baby listeners or stuff like that. I had one before that used to interfere with the wifi.

also check if theres baby listeners or stuff like that. I had one before that used to interfere with the wifi.

He definitely doesn't have one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,190 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Any joy on its return?

Got it today working fine from the little chance I got to test it

Anyone having issues with recorded clips not appearing in My Clips over the last few days.

I say XBOX Record that, the notification pops for clip recorded. But the clip isn't visible anywhere, not in Upload, not on my Feed, not in Smartglass My Clips....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't noticed that lately, but it has happened to me before alright.

Is there something weird going on with achievements too? My 360 has been showing me a different GS than the One for the last week, usually they update straight away on sign in.

maximoose wrote: »
    Is there something weird going on with achievements too? My 360 has been showing me a different GS than the One for the last week, usually they update straight away on sign in.

The achievement app on the One was crashing non stop for me over the weekend. As was the friends App.

A few Battlefield 4 achievements didn't pop, but when I went back on to try earn them again, they popped as the level was loading.

• Advertisement

My achievements are weird 2, when i go into achievments my gamerscore is different to what it is on the leaderboard thing. And some achievements took a good while to pop the last night. Alot of little problems on the xb one if u ask me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement