Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rottie 11 wrote: »
    My achievements are weird 2, when i go into achievments my gamerscore is different to what it is on the leaderboard thing. And some achievements took a good while to pop the last night. Alot of little problems on the xb one if u ask me

The leaderboard only shows the last 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The leaderboard only shows the last 30 days.

I know but it shows your full gamerscore aswel under your gamertag on the leaderboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Got a Seagate Expansion 2TB hard drive today. whenever i connect the X1 it just offers to view the media on it even though it's empty. i get no option to format it. Anyone have any idea what to do? USB is 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Got a Seagate Expansion 2TB hard drive today. whenever i connect the X1 it just offers to view the media on it even though it's empty. i get no option to format it. Anyone have any idea what to do? USB is 3.0

Go into settings. Then look for storage. See the external one then click a and it should give u the option. I also took the cable out and in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads, the left thumb stick on my 2 month old controller is clunking.
    Where do I go to get it replaced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Great. Another service alert and now I can't play far cry 4 because it can't check that I own the game. has anyone made a complaint to Microsoft from here? My gaming time is limited enough without this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Great. Another service alert and now I can't play far cry 4 because it can't check that I own the game. has anyone made a complaint to Microsoft from here? My gaming time is limited enough without this nonsense.

Oh wait that's not just me!? My game sharer's xbox is gone away for repair so when that message popped up I assumed it was something to do with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Go into settings. Then look for storage. See the external one then click a and it should give u the option. I also took the cable out and in

Beauty! cheers man that did it. can't believe i missed something so simple haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well I wouldn't bother me backside posting on the xbox.com forums , you'd just get some jumped up shill Ambassador , copy pasting a stock response.

Like I said last time i'm flabbergasted there isn't more being made of this over the past 6-8 months it's happing at least every 2-3 weeks , with occasions of one a week for a bit. This is the type of thing reddit etc are all over and track usually :confused:

Edit: Just occurred to me it's around clocking off time in the US / home from school . wonder if thats just a conincidence , usually seems to happen around 10 -11 at night doesn't it???

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

Yup

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't bother me backside posting on the xbox.com forums , you'd just get some jumped up shill Ambassador , copy pasting a stock response.

I'm an 'Ambassador' but never bother me hole actually doing anything apart from ripping xbox off wherever I can :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Mine was working away grand all night, just signed off now but had no issues playing Destiny tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Those virgins who's name I will not mention are claiming responsibility. Cant get erections I guess. Need retweets and twitter followers. Spa's

say wha?

some sorta hulligans at the tinterwebs again!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I hate Reptiles...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'm an 'Ambassador' but never bother me hole actually doing anything apart from ripping xbox off wherever I can :P

Well can we ask you so? :pac:

Story with live?

I doubt it was hackers. Those Lizard gobsh1tes are taking responsibility for anything that goes down these days.

So is it okay now? I'm at work but eager to xbox my evening away come 6pm

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah seems fine now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah seems fine now.

For the moment at least.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    For the moment at least.

Seems to be gone again, can't login at the moment.

Edit: Back now....weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

sorry if this is a stupid question......is it possible to download game updates to an external HDD from a PC?
    the game updates are a ridiculous size and I've only 40gb a month.
    or do I have to bring the console to a mates house every time I want to update a large file ?

km79 wrote: »
    sorry if this is a stupid question......is it possible to download game updates to an external HDD from a PC?
    the game updates are a ridiculous size and I've only 40gb a month.
    or do I have to bring the console to a mates house every time I want to update a large file ?

You can use an external hard drive, copy the game onto it. Go to your mates house, plug hard drive into his xbox one. Sign in etc, do updates. Bring hard drive home. Done.

Assuming your mate has an xbox one?

If not, you will have to bring your xbox one to your mates house.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You can use an external hard drive, copy the game onto it. Go to your mates house, plug hard drive into his xbox one. Sign in etc, do updates. Bring hard drive home. Done.

Assuming your mate has an xbox one?

If not, you will have to bring your xbox one to your mates house.

OK thanks he does
    that's an option so
    don't want to risk damaging the console

km79 wrote: »
    OK thanks he does
    that's an option so
    don't want to risk damaging the console

Yeah you just need an external hard drive 256gb or larger in size and must be USB 3.0. Backup anything you need off it, plug it into your xbox and it should pop up, follow through the setup, it will format your hard drive for use with xbox only.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

After months of not being able to play, I've finally gotten around to taking a decent chunk out of Halo: MCC. Have to say, it's pretty good to get my hands around a controller for a decent stretch, it's been far too long, probably since October.

Having a lot of fun going through it, finished Halo:CE on normal, and am now going back and getting the skulls and terminals. Also, it's inspired me to another controller with the play and charge kit. Am debating a Legendary run with myself.

It's nice to be back in the saddle, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Live sign in is down again , ffs thats twice this week :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    Live sign in is down again , ffs thats twice this week :mad:

Whats new?

Its not hackers, although they will get the blame. The service has gone down hill.

Yup, just logged on and can't see my friends list or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Its fine for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Before I give argos a large amount of money tomorrow for XB1 and halo, is MCC fixed? Is it worth it? I'm having doubts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement