Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

cloud493 wrote: »
    Before I give argos a large amount of money tomorrow for XB1 and halo, is MCC fixed? Is it worth it? I'm having doubts.

Apparently, it's still not 100% yet. I haven't gone online with it yet myself, but it's meant to be better than what it was.

They are currently running a beta for the next patch, which is meant to feature improved match-making (that's what seems to have been the major issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Great. Another service alert and now I can't play far cry 4 because it can't check that I own the game. has anyone made a complaint to Microsoft from here? My gaming time is limited enough without this nonsense.

The service alert is was not linked to FC4. Often times the service alerts are specific to an app or small area.

Far Cry 4 somehow gets kinda unpublished and you lose entitlements to it. Nothing you can do except wait until its fixed - has happened a couple times in different markets since the games releases and i have yet to see anyone claim responsibility, which is extremely annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The service alert is was not linked to FC4. Often times the service alerts are specific to an app or small area.

Far Cry 4 somehow gets kinda unpublished and you lose entitlements to it. Nothing you can do except wait until its fixed - has happened a couple times in different markets since the games releases and i have yet to see anyone claim responsibility, which is extremely annoying.

Ah I was just mentioning far cry cause I was so close to completing it at the time and I was rightly peed off about it. I didnt want to start something new as I'm trying to finish out games a bit more rather than abandoning them 75% of the way through.

Ah I was just mentioning far cry cause I was so close to completing it at the time and I was rightly peed off about it. I didnt want to start something new as I'm trying to finish out games a bit more rather than abandoning them 75% of the way through.
    Fair enough, FC4 has very specific issues with its licensing though. I can't play it right now if i sign in as the account that owns the game on the console that is set as that accounts home console - its all messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fair enough, FC4 has very specific issues with its licensing though. I can't play it right now if i sign in as the account that owns the game on the console that is set as that accounts home console - its all messed up.

I'm just about to start FC4 .........

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »

Its like FC3 but you can throw your meat around \:D/

Its like FC3 but you can throw your meat around \:D/

I'm worried about all the talk above about losing progress?

have you played 3?

Nah, you don't lose any progress - just access to the game. Might all be fixed now though.

I certainly didnt lose any progress, I just couldnt get the game to launch when xbox live was having issues. If you're playing off a disc it won't matter anyway.

• Advertisement

have you played 3?

yes loved it

yes loved it

Me too one of my favourite games of last gen, I'd be interested in hearing what you think of 4 when its finished. (dont worry, its still very very good!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sony are selling off SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) so there is now a chance of stuff like H1Z1 and Planetside among others coming to One.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/02/private-investment-firm-buys-out-sony-online-entertainment/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

calex71 wrote: »
    Sony are selling off SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) so there is now a chance of stuff like H1Z1 and Planetside among others coming to One.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/02/private-investment-firm-buys-out-sony-online-entertainment/

I'd say that one of the unavoidable side effects of that purchase is that Micro Transactions are going to become much more necessary for those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Im not too bothered about H1Z1, i hope Undead Labs ,the developers behind State of Decay roll out their MMO later in the year or early next year.That was an excellent game for what it was.

Although i think the second game will have co-op.

Wow. It's a pity the old Xbox vs PlayStation thread is gone, The drama!

Still though, it can only be a good thing for the staff there, more potential customers , better job security. It'll be weird swing the Sony logo on the Xbox though, kind of like when Sega switched to software only back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'd say that one of the unavoidable side effects of that purchase is that Micro Transactions are going to become much more necessary for those games.

And on the PC side there's no way All Access stays as cheap as it is.I agree about the Micro-transactions, I'm going to get what enjoyment I can out of H1Z1 now that I can. As of now supply drops are a waste after they over did it on the loot, got more ammo in the first hour post patch than I did in the 30 before which in my opinion was bad.

H1Z1 is in early accesses, I'd say a PS4 and One releasing at the same time is likely but I wouldn't be surprised if it's another year if planetside does come out on ONE. EQ next the same as H1z1, console ports will show up at the same time.

I doubt anything older will show up such as DC universe, the SOE forums have more than a small number hoping that SOE bring back some of their closed MMOs but I'd say EQ1 AND EQ2 days are numbered.

Wow. It's a pity the old Xbox vs PlayStation thread is gone The drama!

Still though, it can only be a good thing for the staff there, more potential customers , better job security. It'll be weird swing the Sony logo on the Xbox though, kind of like when Sega switched to software only back in the day.

I could imagine that news of this sort would trigger a lot of "discussion" in that old thread. I think the games mods have put a stake through the heart of that thread and buried it deep.

Probably won't be a Sony logo, it'll be Daybreak Studios (whatever their new name is) or something to that effect.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I could imagine that news of this sort would trigger a lot of "discussion" in that old thread. I think the games mods have put a stake through the heart of that thread and buried it deep.

Probably won't be a Sony logo, it'll be Daybreak Studios (whatever their new name is) or something to that effect.

That thread was a complete car crash, you just couldn't help but look.

I wouldn't be interested in much there apart from dc universe, and even then it'd only be down to the fact I've never played a proper mmo and wouldn't mind seeing what the fuss is all about. Maybe elder scrolls online might scratch that itch.

That thread was a complete car crash, you just couldn't help but look.

I wouldn't be interested in much there apart from dc universe, and even then it'd only be down to the fact I've never played a proper mmo and wouldn't mind seeing what the fuss is all about. Maybe elder scrolls online might scratch that itch.

DC was a bit different to other MMOs, Elder scrolls would probably be better as it's more of a post WOW traditional MMOs.

Sadly still paid even if the dropped the subscription, so €40-60 for the game and then it might be completely pointless if they restrict too much to micro transactions.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    DC was a bit different to other MMOs, Elder scrolls would probably be better as it's more of a post WOW traditional MMOs.

Sadly still paid even if the dropped the subscription, so €40-60 for the game and then it might be completely pointless if they restrict too much to micro transactions.

By all accounts even without the sub and access to everything the Elder Scrolls online is still poo

By all accounts even without the sub and access to everything the Elder Scrolls online is still poo

Not really a elder scrolls game, more generic mmo with cool downs and hot bars and any other mmo mechanic but with a elder scrolls first person view on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

have you tried using one of your controllers on his xbox? at least that'd tell you whether the problem is with the xbox or the controller.

Swapped my controller for his.

I have no issues with his controller, but he is still get random disconnects with my controller.

So that points to the Console, or software or possible interference.

Reading up online, people have replaced consoles and controllers and still have the issue afterwards, so I am reluctant to tell him to bring his console back.

Think I need to get him into the preview program as there is a controller update there now.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Swapped my controller for his.

I have no issues with his controller, but he is still get random disconnects with my controller.

So that points to the Console, or software or possible interference.

Reading up online, people have replaced consoles and controllers and still have the issue afterwards, so I am reluctant to tell him to bring his console back.

Think I need to get him into the preview program as there is a controller update there now.

Thats a sickener, i was hoping it would be a controller issue. Still - if people replace consoles and controllers , it must surely be outside interference.

Does the xbox one controller act like a wired controller if you plug it into the console via USB cable? maybe he could give that a try?

Does the xbox one controller act like a wired controller if you plug it into the console via USB cable? maybe he could give that a try?

I believe it does. I have not tried that yet on his setup.

I believe it does. I have not tried that yet on his setup.

You can actually pull the battery and connect it to the console or a phone charger and it will work as a wired pad.

You can actually pull the battery and connect it to the console or a phone charger and it will work as a wired pad.

His console is above his TV, its wall mounted and he has gaps above it for set top boxes etc. To use it wired he would have to plug it into the wall socket I think, otherwise the cable will be in the way.

I think get him into the preview program and try this new controller update.
    Will also find out where his phone is when he is playing.

His console is above his TV, its wall mounted and he has gaps above it for set top boxes etc. To use it wired he would have to plug it into the wall socket I think, otherwise the cable will be in the way.

I think get him into the preview program and try this new controller update.
    Will also find out where his phone is when he is playing.

When I say wired connection - does the data not transfer by usb when the controller is plugged in? - the same way you use the xbox controllers on a PC? Plugging it into a wall outlet wont do anything for him.

When I say wired connection - does the data not transfer by usb when the controller is plugged in? - the same way you use the xbox controllers on a PC? Plugging it into a wall outlet wont do anything for him.

Correct. I was thinking about checking the battery contact in the controller, but thats already ruled out as it's happened with 2 different controllers.

I think getting him the controller update in the preview program is the next step as the issue does seem common if you search online for it. Sadly there are no suggestions about fixing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Is the controller updates exclusive to the preview programme?
    Can you not update the controller if you're not in it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement