Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Myrddin wrote: »
    Y'know, I was about to go ahead with this diagnostic tool...but the above post is right. Maybe I could fix it this one time, & then maybe it happens again, but next time out of warranty etc. I'll just go ahead & return it I think. Again, thanks all.

Quick one, if I get a replacement console, will there be any issues with home console type settings etc?

No, you wont have any issues. Factory resetting the box, which is what will be done in the factory if it is repairable, will wipe home console. When you sign in to your new box because the console has no home account set the first gold account to log it is set as the default home account. You can change home console like 3-4 times a year without issue and more if you contact support anyway.

I wouldnt bother reflashing the box btw, typically that only works properly if you reach a greenscreen. If you can get a new console i would just do that.

logik wrote: »
    It is a good question alright and also, if the console is fixed, will that give someone else access to your gold account? May be worth contacting MS to see what they say?

All boxes are reset as a matter of course.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

No, you wont have any issues. Factory resetting the box, which is what will be done in the factory if it is repairable, will wipe home console. When you sign in to your new box because the console has no home account set the first gold account to log it is set as the default home account. You can change home console like 3-4 times a year without issue and more if you contact support anyway.

I wouldnt bother reflashing the box btw, typically that only works properly if you reach a greenscreen. If you can get a new console i would just do that.

Not sure about that "first gold account to log" bit, I know on my X1 only one gold account was ever logged in but I had to manually set it as my home console (as I found out when I was unable to play a downloaded game during one of the outages that have happened). For sure though, setting a new console as your home console releases the link to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's Argos so may as well get it replaced, you shouldn't have to deal with any hassle on a new console. They're fine with returns I hear.

Not sure about that "first gold account to log" bit, I know on my X1 only one gold account was ever logged in but I had to manually set it as my home console (as I found out when I was unable to play a downloaded game during one of the outages that have happened). For sure though, setting a new console as your home console releases the link to the other.

I am 100% sure on this. Thats how home console is set after oobe. Only if you manually kill home console via dev settings will things differ. Box resetting resets home console since the pre xmas updates. I have set home console a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I am 100% sure on this. Thats how home console is set after oobe. Only if you manually kill home console via dev settings will things differ. Box resetting resets home console since the pre xmas updates. I have set home console a lot.

I'm 100% sure that I had to manually set mine (in late november), there's not even a hint of doubt as I was pretty damn annoyed when I couldn't play my MCC download. I have set one console, so it's pretty hard to get confused about that :pac:

/side: i'm not talking about box resetting, only the initial home console setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cheers guys, replacement console is already updated & ready to use. Argos were really good to deal with, I was in & out with a brand new console in under ten mins or so :) Will check the home xbox settings later on

I'm 100% sure that I had to manually set mine (in late november), there's not even a hint of doubt as I was pretty damn annoyed when I couldn't play my MCC download. I have set one console, so it's pretty hard to get confused about that :pac:

/side: i'm not talking about box resetting, only the initial home console setup.
    One of 4 things could have happened.
    Someone else logged that console and it was reset after without the flag being manually removed, you were not gold initially at oobe, you logged in on another one with that account or your console borked at oobe, I.e bugged. I've done this more tines than I'd like to count and what I described is how the device is configured to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I just went into settings there & set this new console as the home one, no hassle with it anyway.

Myrddin wrote: »
    I just went into settings there & set this new console as the home one, no hassle with it anyway.

Right, because the old console was your home.

• Advertisement

One of 4 things could have happened.
    Someone else logged that console and it was reset after without the flag being manually removed, you were not gold initially at oobe, you logged in on another one with that account or your console borked at oobe, I.e bugged. I've done this more tines than I'd like to count and what I described is how the device is configured to work.

Console was brand new and sealed, have been gold for 3 yrs without lapse - current sub runs out at the end of this month, only logged in on that one, i guess that's possible since the other 3 are non-runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I would wait for the official release tbh, the preview has been known to brick controllers.

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-february-update-rolls-out-masses-game-hubs-tv-updates-and-more

Looks like the Feb update with the controller update is rolling out today.

Did anyone get it yet?

I'm hoping it will fix the controller disconnecting problems a friend of mine is having. (Discussed in detail a few pages back)....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-february-update-rolls-out-masses-game-hubs-tv-updates-and-more

Looks like the Feb update with the controller update is rolling out today.

Did anyone get it yet?

I'm hoping it will fix the controller disconnecting problems a friend of mine is having. (Discussed in detail a few pages back)....
    what size is update

km79 wrote: »
    what size is update

I have no idea, I only just saw that it was rolling out today. Probably 2gb or less (best guess).

Major updates are nearly always around the ~1950 mark.

Mr Freeze, i havent seen a fix logged for the issue you describe but that isn't to say it wont resolve your issues, so good luck :)
    Console was brand new and sealed, have been gold for 3 yrs without lapse - current sub runs out at the end of this month, only logged in on that one, i guess that's possible since the other 3 are non-runners.

I don't disbelieve you or anything, I am just saying that this is how its supposed to work. On newly OOBEd boxes the first gold account without a home console is set as home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

km79 wrote: »
    what size is update

The preview update earlier this week is the final release and that was 1.97gb, so I'd imagine the one that's out today will be the same size.

See Minecraft: Into The Nether is free to watch this weekend but doesn't seem to be free here shows up as 11.99 / 4.99 when I checked it there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

:confused: What update lads ? I got no update in months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

rottie 11 wrote: »
    :confused: What update lads ? I got no update in months

You must have it set up to automatically update, otherwise you'd receive a prompt.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    You must have it set up to automatically update, otherwise you'd receive a prompt.

Or if in the preview you get nothing as the last preivew was the one released today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Got a key for neverwinter beta this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

does the xbox1 support buetooth? I recenty got a buetooth device/add-on so I can run music through an older music system. would it be possibe to run the sound from the xbox through the speaker system.?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Got a key for neverwinter beta this morning!

Got one too, seems ok so far. Don't really want to invest much time into it though because I believe characters from Beta won't carry over which is kind of annoying.

silverharp wrote: »
    does the xbox1 support buetooth? I recenty got a buetooth device/add-on so I can run music through an older music system. would it be possibe to run the sound from the xbox through the speaker system.?

Nope, doesn't support bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has there been any more news about the new Fable

Mr Freeze, i havent seen a fix logged for the issue you describe but that isn't to say it wont resolve your issues, so good luck :)

So I updated my mates XBOX and his controller with the feb update. Synced my controller too....

Played some iDARB for a while, with 2 controllers. No Issues.
    Played GTA for a few hours, Single player and Online. No Issues.

So after about 3 hours of the controller not disconnecting, I was optimistic.

WRONG.
    Started disconnecting again the next day, back to the same crap. Resynced the controllers and it was fine.

So it must be the console, it is losing sync once its powered off. Its in that Instant On mode too.

I give up at this stage, and have just advised him to go back to Argos with it, replace the whole lot.

Varik wrote: »
    Has there been any more news about the new Fable

I had an email a few weeks ago about the beta , said they would be sending another round of keys soon , that said I imagine the beta will go open to all before long. I've very little expectations of it at this point given the direction they are going with it, I'd rather a new and true fables game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Got the update today, what is it for?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement