Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just seen they added "The Escapists" to the pre-order section of the Xbox market. Been on Steam since August but I never seen it before. I really like the look of it tho! :)

$17.99, releases February 13th

Here's a video of it, if people don't mind this lunatic:

I also just noticed this game is still in Early Access development on Steam. That's a first for Xbox is it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298630/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just seen they added "The Escapists" to the pre-order section of the Xbox market. Been on Steam since August but I never seen it before. I really like the look of it tho! :)

$17.99, releases February 13th

Here's a video of it, if people don't mind this lunatic:

Reviews I've seen are not kind unfortunately :(

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-escapists/review/

calex71 wrote: »
    Reviews I've seen are not kind unfortunately :(

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-escapists/review/

That's not a bad breakdown review to be fair. The visuals 50/100. You can see why they gave it that :P

Steam review states 'Overwhelmingly positive' : http://store.steampowered.com/app/298630/#app_reviews_hash

As always, steam user reviews are all jokes :P

Not sure if mentioned yet but Xtravision are finally renting Xbox ONE (& PS4) games for €10 for 3 nights. Alright if it's a single player game and you power your way through it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not sure if mentioned yet but Xtravision are finally renting Xbox ONE (& PS4) games for €10 for 3 nights. Alright if it's a single player game and you power your way through it!

Not to expensive price wise but you'll loose ages installing the game !!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It doesn't take long to install a game, just make sure you're not connected to the internet so your xbox one doesn't try to install updates at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Xbox.com has been updated to reflect the activity feed on the Xbox One

You can check it out here. You might need to sign in.

It's pretty good, but it just looks weird on my high resolution monitor, too much wasted space on either side.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Xbox.com has been updated to reflect the activity feed on the Xbox One

You can check it out here. You might need to sign in.

It's pretty good, but it just looks weird on my high resolution monitor, too much wasted space on either side.

Looks like they are moving for a most consistent experience across all platforms , dashboard, web and smartglass. Looks much better there now im.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

calex71 wrote: »
    Looks like they are moving for a most consistent experience across all platforms , dashboard, web and smartglass. Looks much better there now im.

Anything was an improvement to be honest, the xbox.com website is pretty poor in terms of usability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anything was an improvement to be honest, the xbox.com website is pretty poor in terms of usability.

agreed, and its didnt really incorporate the move to xbox one properly either. Any time I'd log in, I'd see what my friends on 360 are playing recently. I thought it was funny that they didnt slant the website to xbox one after the console launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Cant play dvds on xb1? Disappointed about that tbh , i taut bluray plays dvds aswel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Cant play dvds on xb1? Disappointed about that tbh , i taut bluray plays dvds aswel?

You can play DVDs, they are region locked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Yup, you can definitely play DVDs on the ONE.

Maybe try following these instructions?

Maybe try following these instructions?

You'll get auto prompted as soon as you stick media in. No idea why these apps aren't on by default though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I tried watching love hate last nite and it would launch the bluray app and den boot me back to the home screen, I tried it a few times and same thing kept happening

I tried watching love hate last nite and it would launch the bluray app and den boot me back to the home screen, I tried it a few times and same thing kept happening

Try a different DVD.

App maybe needs an update , if it doesn't do it by itself remove the app and put a dvd in and it should look to install it automatically.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it a region 2 DVD?

• Advertisement

And try a hard reset, just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Bought Kinect second hand for €50 in Gamestop last night. Don't really know why I did it!

Gonna need some good explanations to the Mrs to justify another 'box thing' on the tv.

Anyone care to share what the most useful functions of it are? How good is Netflix integration?

One of the reasons I thought it might be good is my mother in law. When she stays to take care of the kids she has problems with the tv. Ie. Turning the tv on and selected HDMI 1 from the input. It's crap the TV (Panasonic Plasma) doesn't default to HDM1 but anyway.

I've been looking at Kinect tv commands and it doesn't look like there is one for input control. Is this correct?

quad_red wrote: »
    Bought Kinect second hand for €50 in Gamestop last night. Don't really know why I did it!

Gonna need some good explanations to the Mrs to justify another 'box thing' on the tv.

Anyone care to share what the most useful functions of it are? How good is Netflix integration?

One of the reasons I thought it might be good is my mother in law. When she stays to take care of the kids she has problems with the tv. Ie. Turning the tv on and selected HDMI 1 from the input. It's crap the TV (Panasonic Plasma) doesn't default to HDM1 but anyway.

I've been looking at Kinect tv commands and it doesn't look like there is one for input control. Is this correct?

Yeah, no input control, which is a bit poor, but not as poor as your TV not remembering what input it was on! Seriously, is there not a setting to sort that out buried somewhere?

I don't really use the kinect for TV stuff, so someone else might be able to tell you more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

The most use I get out of Kinect is the voice commands "Xbox watch TV" "xbox watch Netflix" etc... If you are really lazy you can use it to navigate around apps.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/kinect/voice-commands

The kinect is also probably the best skype camera in the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

OOoh, in what way?

Need reasons to justify this when I present it :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If kinect gets popular people might start using skype again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Oh and it has thermal and night vision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

The skye quality is indeed fantastic. Tracks you around the room if you're active. The voice control is what i love most. Changing or muting volume, controlling netflix or other videos, snapping the video while gaming is so easy. If you have multiple users, it automatically signs you in. Especially handy for my brothers son who the camera recognises as not being allowed to purchase anything.

Not a salesman or anything forcing you to part with 50 euro, but I'd personally miss the kinect too much after using it so much.

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    OOoh, in what way?

Need reasons to justify this when I present it :)

As Pedro said "The skype quality is indeed fantastic." It is the clearest I have ever seen any webcam ever being. Full 1080p. Like users on reddit said recently, it's such good quality you'd think it was an illustrated advertisement but it really is actually that clear/good. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement