Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The skye quality is indeed fantastic. Tracks you around the room if you're active. The voice control is what i love most. Changing or muting volume, controlling netflix or other videos, snapping the video while gaming is so easy. If you have multiple users, it automatically signs you in. Especially handy for my brothers son who the camera recognises as not being allowed to purchase anything.

Not a salesman or anything forcing you to part with 50 euro, but I'd personally miss the kinect too much after using it so much.

All the above, plus "Xbox, Pause" ... Wait until you start yelling this at inanimate objects. 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

All the above, plus "Xbox, Pause" ... Wait until you start yelling this at inanimate objects. 😊

Or you do it on the 360 ... pause ... record etc etc before realising you don't have a kinect for it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's useful for games too btw :) Some great demos to check out, Dance Central, Disney Fantasia and Kinect Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Ultimate Games Sale is starting this week.

Here's a test page found on the Australian Xbox.com

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/promotions/sales/ultimate-game-sale-xbox-one-deals-TEST

Some incredible offers there!
    60% off Halo MCC & Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris
    80% off Sniper Elite 3, Kinect Sports Rivals & Angry Birds to name a few.

Of course this is just a test page and these offers might change but it's looking good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Some decent deals there. Will gta ever go on sale . Cant wait to get it but not willing to pay 69.99

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Some decent deals there. Will gta ever go on sale . Cant wait to get it but not willing to pay 69.99

Amazon have disc version for just under €55 if any good to you, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PS4/dp/B00KL4AROO/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1423956585&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=grand+theft+auto+5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You can get the digital code from various websites for about 35 as well. I just bought it retail for 60 from Argos, played it, sold it on then for 50. That's the reason I never buy digital unless the game is absurdly cheap (like 80% off). It's also the same reason I've ordered Dying Light for my X1 instead of my PC, because I know I'll get the majority of the cost back after I've played it! Not unlike renting really...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

You can get the digital code from various websites for about 35 as well. I just bought it retail for 60 from Argos, played it, sold it on then for 50. That's the reason I never buy digital unless the game is absurdly cheap (like 80% off). It's also the same reason I've ordered Dying Light for my X1 instead of my PC, because I know I'll get the majority of the cost back after I've played it! Not unlike renting really...

Agreed. The option to trade a game in for a good chunk towards something else places physical above digital for me every time

what websites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I have to say, and it takes a lot for me to go to the bother of doing so, but .... Xbox live on the 'One' is a steaming pile of crap. On the 360 it was pretty much seamless, on the 'One' all I get on the console and Smartglass is "we are unable to do what you want blah de blah". I really wish I'd bought a different console despite having some sort of 'box' for eight years now (**** controller, **** interface, **** looking, just pretty **** all in all) but far away relations deemed that the crapbox was the console of choice, ah well, what's done is done I suppose.

Not a fan I am but I'm stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Liamalone wrote: »
    I have to say, and it takes a lot for me to go to the bother of doing so, but .... Xbox live on the 'One' is a steaming pile of crap. On the 360 it was pretty much seamless, on the 'One' all I get on the console and Smartglass is "we are unable to do what you want blah de blah". I really wish I'd bought a different console despite having some sort of 'box' for eight years now (**** controller, **** interface, **** looking, just pretty **** all in all) but far away relations deemed that the crapbox was the console of choice, ah well, what's done is done I suppose.

if it's any consolation PSN is worser :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Liamalone wrote: »

+1 on the OS. You have to wonder wtf is going on in MS internally with UI testing that this stuff gets thrown out.

Bought a kinect last week second hand to mess around with it. Er... this is supposed to be the 'easier' way to control the console? :confused:

Saying that, the controller is amazing. And I don't give two hoots about how the console looks. It's feels sturdy and is so quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

quad_red wrote: »
    +1 on the OS. You have to wonder wtf is going on in MS internally with UI testing that this stuff gets thrown out.

Bought a kinect last week second hand to mess around with it. Er... this is supposed to be the 'easier' way to control the console? :confused:

Saying that, the controller is amazing. And I don't give two hoots about how the console looks. It's feels sturdy and is so quiet.

The UI and flows go through extensive testing before every update. Live services, however, drop constantly.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    If it wasn't for those numpties at Lizard Squad live wouldn't be down half the time. When you are being constantly targeted with DDOS attacks its kinda hard to keep a constant service up and running.

Lizard squad took it down for a while alrgiht, but its down or glitches on a regular basis - the service often fails out intermittently.

Upload Studio has gotten a revamp and has been upgraded. They're calling it Upload Studio V2. Download the update and check it out.

To expand on that ^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is it responsive?

miralize wrote: »
    Is it responsive?

Try it out yourself and see and let us know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Scream ride demo is up at the moment. I had to switch my console region to Singapore to download it.

Just played the first part of the demo. It has my laughing when I over do the boost and the riders get launched out of their cart.

Edit: Just played the demolition mode, its some laugh. Reminds me of the Burnout games ;)

• Advertisement

Scream ride demo is up at the moment. I had to switch my console region to Singapore to download it.

Just played the first part of the demo. It has my laughing when I over do the boost and the riders get launched out of their cart.

Edit: Just played the demolition mode, its some laugh. Reminds me of the Burnout games ;)

Can u not download it if the region is set to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can u not download it if the region is set to ireland

Id say he was availing of the "available from midnight" bit. - i.e singapore being ahead of us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Finally, they're opening up Xbox App development. There's a serious lack of apps on the Xbox, opening it up will only mean great things.

See here. Should hear more on the 29 of April, they've got an Xbox/Windows 10 Gaming event scheduled during their build conference.

EDIT: Will probably hear more at GDC on the 4th of March too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So I got Kinect second hand from Gamestop last week to mess around with.

And so far - I'm really disappointed. Voice recognition is really poor (i've done the calibration).

And skype functionality is a mess - my wife was talking to her sister last night and the camera kept zooming in on her legs. None of the faces of the three people on the couch. Kept on focusing downwards. Even after turning on and off the lights, adjusting the camera manually.

What a piece of crap!

quad_red wrote: »
    So I got Kinect second hand from Gamestop last week to mess around with.

And so far - I'm really disappointed. Voice recognition is really poor (i've done the calibration).

And skype functionality is a mess - my wife was talking to her sister last night and the camera kept zooming in on her legs. None of the faces of the three people on the couch. Kept on focusing downwards. Even after turning on and off the lights, adjusting the camera manually.

What a piece of crap!

Calibration is only to do with noise levels, nothing to do with how you enunciate. If there is any background noise its sh1te.

Camera focus is controlled by a male TE in a lab in Seattle. Not surprised it was focusing on a females legs.

Srsly though, does your wife have faces in her knees?

Don't adjust the camera manually btw, you mess up the calibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

CatInABox wrote: »
    Finally, they're opening up Xbox App development. There's a serious lack of apps on the Xbox, opening it up will only mean great things.

See here. Should hear more on the 29 of April, they've got an Xbox/Windows 10 Gaming event scheduled during their build conference.

EDIT: Will probably hear more at GDC on the 4th of March too.

Any sign of the skygo app? Did I hear it's on the new Playstation?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any sign of the skygo app? Did I hear it's on the new Playstation?

I thought that was never coming to the One as there was some disagreement between MS and Sky? I think whatever happened also resulted in them charging a monthly fee to use it on the 360 anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought that was never coming to the One as there was some disagreement between MS and Sky? I think whatever happened also resulted in them charging a monthly fee to use it on the 360 anymore?

They did start charging on the 360 although my brother in law was able to ring up and threaten to leave them unless they dropped the charge which they did.

Need to watch sky so have to hold unto the 360. Pity about the disagreement.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They did start charging on the 360 although my brother in law was able to ring up and threaten to leave them unless they dropped the charge which they did.

Need to watch sky so have to hold unto the 360. Pity about the disagreement.

Yeah I miss having sky go on there big time, was so handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Mickeroo wrote: »

I'd say a fair few people were using friends or relatives accounts and getting sky essentially for free too though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement