Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought that was never coming to the One as there was some disagreement between MS and Sky? I think whatever happened also resulted in them charging a monthly fee to use it on the 360 anymore?

Sky sued ms over skydrive, now called onedrive. Sky have not indicated any wish to create an app for the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'd say a fair few people were using friends or relatives accounts and getting sky essentially for free too though.

Defo. I was using my friends login as he had every channel going, his cousin was using the other login.

Then I had given my Fathers login to 2 of my friends, this had all the sports channels and entertainment but no movies.

So yeah.... took advantage of that **** when I could :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd say a fair few people were using friends or relatives accounts and getting sky essentially for free too though.

Yes, I was one of those which is why I miss it so much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Im still using my fathers login to watch sport. Cant watch it on 360 anymore tho

Has anyone tried using the Sky Player on Internet Explorer on XB1? Assuming it doesn't work as it needs Silverlight or whatever...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

nothing to do with how you enunciate

...and when you enunciate...you spit!

gary-oldman-friends.jpg

Bought 4 games today at 4pm and the 1st one is only 33% 7hours later:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rottie 11 wrote: »

Speeds are very slow today, downloaded the screamride demo which was 2.5gb . It took over 4 hours :mad:

rottie 11 wrote: »

What game is at 33% and what speed internet do you have and are you using wifi or hard wired?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Screamride is very addictive.

Its looks boring when you watch a video of it but when you play it keeps your attention. The demolition mode is my favorite game type.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What game is at 33% and what speed internet do you have and are you using wifi or hard wired?

Watchdogs its 26gb i think. Internet is 24meg and its wired . Still have 3 games to download after this. Gona take a week:(

calex71 wrote: »
    Speeds are very slow today, downloaded the screamride demo which was 2.5gb . It took over 4 hours :mad:

Mine is going to take for ever so cos my bb isnt great:(

Got a patch there for game of thones 20 minutes ago, and it's still chugging away at it. 70Mb connection and the patch is only 77mb :eek:

Something is a foot here.

Edit: Quick search reveals many with the same slowness since yesterday, likely down to the sale perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Got a patch there for game of thones 20 minutes ago, and it's still chugging away at it. 70Mb connection and the patch is only 77mb :eek:

Something is a foot here.

Edit: Quick search reveals many with the same slowness since yesterday, likely down to the sale perhaps.

I downloaded Sniper Elite last night. Still going now. 21gb, 70mb Download. At 85%
    Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Bought Sniper Elite 3 and Lords of the Fallen on Tuesday.

The XBOX has been on tuesday night and wednesday night, left idle for the downloads to complete mostly.

50mb download rate, neither have downloaded yet.

Sniper made it to 11% on tuesday, so I paused it last night and tried Lords of the Fallen instead, 9% is all it got too after a few hours.

Shocking stuff....

Servers are slow world wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Servers are slow world wide.

Is there any explanation as to why they are so slow now?

It is just the current sale?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Is there any explanation as to why they are so slow now?

It is just the current sale?

Most likely, no official word on it but i am hearing from a lot of people around the place that downloads are taking ages.

So much for the power of the cloud eh? With their resources and infrastructure they should be able to scale up instantly and automatically to supply demand so it's more reasonable to assume it's yet another problem with the service and they have restricted it while they work etc. They would have had similar demand / traffic at xmas during the daily deals and I had no speed issues there.

/end speculation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

When is the ability to put music on the hard drive through CD going to be implemented?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When is the ability to put music on the hard drive through CD going to be implemented?
    Whats a CD?
    Lol

So much for the power of the cloud eh? With their resources and infrastructure they should be able to scale up instantly and automatically to supply demand so it's more reasonable to assume it's yet another problem with the service and they have restricted it while they work etc. They would have had similar demand / traffic at xmas during the daily deals and I had no speed issues there.

/end speculation

I've had no service outages notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Nevermind even that, when can we listen to music while we play a game just like we've always done without having to sacrifice almost half the screen to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Jenda wrote: »
    Nevermind even that, when can we listen to music while we play a game just like we've always done without having to sacrifice almost half the screen to do so.

I've often wondered if this gen would bring something like where the integrate a service like spotify and create your own playlists for racing games and the like. It'd be a sweet feature. I'm sure it'd provide another source of ad revenue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I've often wondered if this gen would bring something like where the integrate a service like spotify and create your own playlists for racing games and the like. It'd be a sweet feature. I'm sure it'd provide another source of ad revenue too.

I remember on the first xbox, you could put you songs on it and listen to them through the radio in Vice City. Class

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jenda wrote: »

Autumn, I'd say.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I remember on the first xbox, you could put you songs on it and listen to them through the radio in Vice City. Class

I remember playing Midtown Madness on the first Xbox with my own music from an old MP3 player, you would think this would be an easy thing to do now!

I was hoping you would be able to customise your own radio station in GTA V, etc like you could in Vice City all those years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

/end speculation

I agree, Can anyone imagine what it would be like if they keeped the idea of having of Xbox constant online like they originally planned. Nearly every week there is something wrong online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Thanks for the kind replies on my question about ripping CDs onto the Xbox One. This is very important for me as I play WWE 2K15 so without the option to add my own MP3s I cant put my own theme songs in the game for creations or for people who change their theme in the middle of the game's life cycle. I would imagine it would also be important for games like UFC and Fight Night (if they would ever make a new one).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement