Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thanks for the kind replies on my question about ripping CDs onto the Xbox One. This is very important for me as I play WWE 2K15 so without the option to add my own MP3s I cant put my own theme songs in the game for creations or for people who change their theme in the middle of the game's life cycle. I would imagine it would also be important for games like UFC and Fight Night (if they would ever make a new one).
    I don't know dude. I haven't heard of anyone doing that kind of thing since the original Xbox? Was it even possible to do that on 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Yes, yes it was possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Anyone here have a problem with the One looking for credit card details when downloading free content? The BF4 expansion from Access won't come down without me adding cc details...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Myrddin wrote: »
    Anyone here have a problem with the One looking for credit card details when downloading free content? The BF4 expansion from Access won't come down without me adding cc details...

If you go to http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/billing/manage-payment-options/add-xbox-live-payment-option

you can add PayPal as a payment option instead of credit card. You should then be able to download in future without being asked for cc details.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you go to http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/billing/manage-payment-options/add-xbox-live-payment-option

you can add PayPal as a payment option instead of credit card. You should then be able to download in future without being asked for cc details.

Do I have to have a payment option? This is content that is free to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Do I have to have a payment option? This is content that is free to me...
    Yes, there has to be one payment option in the system to do so.

I was disappointed with this also however I just added an 02 money card with barely anything on it.

Yes, there has to be one payment option in the system to do so.

I was disappointed with this also however I just added an 02 money card with barely anything on it.

How is that, as I was able to download stuff from the vault with no payment option set...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

How is that, as I was able to download stuff from the vault with no payment option set...

That actually uses EA servers, so you don't actually need a payment option on Microsofts servers for that.

CatInABox wrote: »
    That actually uses EA servers, so you don't actually need a payment option on Microsofts servers for that.

That's weird, as the same message comes up for this vault 'purchase' and for something from the ms store that's also free for me...

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I'll just do this, & remove/add when necessary. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There has been a service alert about buying stuff since yesterday http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status ...... again :mad:

I'll just do this, & remove/add when necessary. Cheers :)

Pretty much what I was doing until I just added a card with a restricted spend on it.

It wouldn't let me remote download free games without the payment details added.

Get an O2 card and put just a few euro on it and your sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,487 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Haven't Xbox got it wrong that you actually require a €9.99 music pass to add you own music to the app's collection and play it.

I know you can right click and select 'play to' but that is an awkward method. Would have expected it to be a free option if MS want the Xbox to be the 'One' entertainment device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

murpho999 wrote: »
    if MS want the Xbox to be the 'One' entertainment device.

They gave up on that before launch

murpho999 wrote: »
    Haven't Xbox got it wrong that you actually require a €9.99 music pass to add you own music to the app's collection and play it.

I know you can right click and select 'play to' but that is an awkward method. Would have expected it to be a free option if MS want the Xbox to be the 'One' entertainment device.

What about using Plex to stream your music.

I haven't tried this btw. Has anyone else given this a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

At the moment I have an external hard drive permanently plugged into the X-Box One so I can play music off it though the Media Player application, but to be honest it's a pain in the hole.

X-Box 360 steps to playing music in a game:

1) Rip a CD onto the hard drive, or plug in an MP3 player / hard drive.

2 ) Play it through the menu that comes up by pressing the middle button on your controller. Cancels the music on the game, plays your stuff, everybody's happy.

X-Box One steps to playing music in a game, without paying YET ANOTHER company 7-8 euro a month on a subscription service that's not needed:

1 ) Can't store music on the actual X-Box anymore, have to permanently have my external hard drive used up and plugged in to be able to do this.

2 ) Go into game. Press snap. Go to Media Player. Press 'go to full screen' button because you can't select music in Snap mode (annoying). Play whatever music you want. Go out to main X-Box menu again. Go back into game which now is back on full screen. Press snap. Go to media player to bring it back up again. Press snap. Go back to game to be able to actually play.

3 ) Now you can play music while you game but it no longer cancels game music automatically, it takes up a huge chunk of the screen (just to have the name of the song displayed which frankly could run perfectly well in the background) ALL THE TIME, and you have to do the whole cumbersome process of snapping to the other side, going to full screen, doing what you want, going back to menu, going back to the game, and snapping into media player before going back to the main menu and back to the game, every time you want to skip a song or change an album.

Like I realise it'd be a bit quicker if I had a Kinect X-Box but it's still maddening that you can go up a generation and yet it's much, much more laborious to do a very simple thing that used to be an everyday, routine thing with 360.

As people have pointed out, this was easier to do on the original X-Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

I don't know dude. I haven't heard of anyone doing that kind of thing since the original Xbox? Was it even possible to do that on 360?

Yeah I can confirm that I used to make custom theme music on WWE with saved music on my X-Box with 360, but that this is no longer possible with X-Box One.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Jenda wrote: »
    Yeah I can confirm that I used to make custom theme music on WWE with saved music on my X-Box with 360, but that this is no longer possible with X-Box One.

have you checked the 2k website (or whoever makes the wwe games)?

I suppose you could load an mp3 onto a memory stick and get access to it that way , but i couldnt say for sure as its not a feature I'd use. sorry I cant be any help.

My gaming headset has bluetooth so I can listen to music and game sound at the same time.

Playlist on the phone, Spotify or PC all sorted through the headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I Think on the 360 you could plug any usb drive ,even a 4gig or
    8gig one, with music on it and just play any music you want .
    i think the new consoles ,want you to sign up for streaming music services ,
    so the idea is lets make it hard to play music from a usb drive .
    The ps4 is similar in that its harder to use it as a music ,video player ,than the ps3 .
    Now in 2014, we are expected to use overly complex apps,menus for everything,
    and stream everything from the web.
    god forbid you could just plug in a usb drive ,
    and just click ,play music.
    that would be too easy .
    Game match making has to same problem,
    it uses badly designed complex menu,s to do basic things the 360 could do,
    in a simpler more user friendly way.

Almost everything is easier to do on the 360,
    as its user interface ,is not based on a overly complex mediocre os,
    eg windows 8 .
    i think i,d prefer to play music from my phone,
    than mess around using kinect to play music.
    But then i think kinect on the xbox 1 is a waste of space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Going blind here most likely but can't seem to work out how to edit multiple clips together in UploadStudio since they updated it last week, it's likely staring me in the face and I'm just not seeing it :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

calex71 wrote: »
    Going blind here most likely but can't seem to work out how to edit multiple clips together in UploadStudio since they updated it last week, it's likely staring me in the face and I'm just not seeing it :confused:

I don't use it myself, but from watching some of this walkthrough, it does look fairly intuitive.

calex71 wrote: »
    It took me a few minutes to get the lay of the land also. It seems much faster than the previous upload studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

TV3 quietly released 3player for Xbox One yesterday, anyone used it yet?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

theothernt wrote: »

Wasn't aware of that, do you know if you can stream live TV on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wasn't aware of that, do you know if you can stream live TV on it?

Just catchup from what i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Any rte player ?

theothernt wrote: »

Them feckin shnakes!

Just downloaded now. Seems alright yeah.

Nice clean interface :)

Tried to watch The Chase there,

THREE 31 second ads and two 21 second ads.... Come on ta ****!

After the feckin ads. Quality is average. Even a little blurry.

Now RTÉ get cracking.

The Episode of The Chase I watched too was aired at 1pm today. 2:30pm and it's already on the player, so not too bad in that instance.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just catchup from what i see.

Won't be bothering with it so, would only want it for watching champions league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement