Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    THREE 31 second ads and two 21 second ads.... Come on ta ****!

After the feckin ads. Quality is average. Even a little blurry.

Yar, its not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Caveman

theothernt wrote: »
    TV3 quietly released 3player for Xbox One yesterday, anyone used it yet?

Yup I just happened to come across it yesterday. Shocked by how decent it actually was.
    I thought it would be a slow buggy app, but its sleek enough in design and plays without issues.

Only problem was the ads and the time they run for. Plus it was the same 2-3 ads over and over.

Looking forward to more content but a really good start

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Polygon have an excellent article up on the second generation of Xbox Live, it's an excellent read so far.

It's here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Polygon have an excellent article up on the second generation of Xbox Live, it's an excellent read so far.

It's here.

Only finally got around to reading through all of that last night. very interesting to see how it grew from under guys desks to a monster setup with different backup systems etc.

however, It would have been nice to see some discussion on how the network seems to be under attack from the likes of Lizard squad, and an explanation on why the network seems to have a service alert of some kind every other day.

Only finally got around to reading through all of that last night. very interesting to see how it grew from under guys desks to a monster setup with different backup systems etc.

however, It would have been nice to see some discussion on how the network seems to be under attack from the likes of Lizard squad, and an explanation on why the network seems to have a service alert of some kind every other day.

They have service alerts a lot but many people mistake them for service-wide alerts, rather than game specific alerts. E.g you'll see a Purchase and content alert and people think you cant buy games, but the alert is actually referring to only fifa 15 and only redeeming codes. Live services can drop an error for a myriad of reasons, with a very common reason being a drop in connection between you and the service which results in security kicking in in case there is a hijack. You'll often see sporadic drops like that but just try again and they will go through fine.

• Advertisement

They have service alerts a lot but many people mistake them for service-wide alerts, rather than game specific alerts. E.g you'll see a Purchase and content alert and people think you cant buy games, but the alert is actually referring to only fifa 15 and only redeeming codes. Live services can drop an error for a myriad of reasons, with a very common reason being a drop in connection between you and the service which results in security kicking in in case there is a hijack. You'll often see sporadic drops like that but just try again and they will go through fine.

the amount of times that things like friends lists being unavailable, matchmaking affected, content usage rights (licence checking) not working has been occurring with worrying frequency since at least the middle of last summer. I'm not the only one on here to moan about it either. xbox live on the 360 was almost bulletproof, if you had a service alert 4 times a year it'd seem like a lot.

the amount of times that things like friends lists being unavailable, matchmaking affected, content usage rights (licence checking) not working has been occurring with worrying frequency since at least the middle of last summer. I'm not the only one on here to moan about it either. xbox live on the 360 was almost bulletproof, if you had a service alert 4 times a year it'd seem like a lot.

Oh I don't disagree that it is down far more than it should be, I am just giving some more context. A lot of it also had to do with the market expansions and the way they integrate with the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

My hardrive is almost full. So lets say I have 10gb left on it and I want to downliad a game that 12gb . What will happen ? Will it automatically save it to the external hardrive?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rottie 11 wrote: »
    My hardrive is almost full. So lets say I have 10gb left on it and I want to downliad a game that 12gb . What will happen ? Will it automatically save it to the external hardrive?

It should do yeah if you have an external hardrive connected. I have a 2TB external hooked up at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have 932.1GB left on my internal HDD :D:p

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It should do yeah if you have an external hardrive connected. I have a 2TB external hooked up at all times.

i have the external hardrive but I unplugged it as I still had a good bit of space. thinking of buying thief and sleeping dogs tomorrow so il have to set it up again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

CatInABox wrote: »

It's here.

Your man whos job it was to watch the clock for the 360 machine must had fu1ck all to do them days I'd say the poor f1ucker is up to his tits in work now with the Xbox one the down time is just piss poor for a new machine

Tried to save all my clips there and i got a notice that it saved 167 out of 169 . And memory is full?? is there any way around this?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Tried to save all my clips there and i got a notice that it saved 167 out of 169 . And memory is full?? is there any way around this?

Is that your ONEdrive it's saved to or...?

Check to see if youre onedrive is full here: https://onedrive.live.com/

I think it's using your xbox storage same as where your game saves? You can either plug in your external storage and maybe use that, or transfer your existing games to external to make more room for videos. Or else, go to upload studio and upload your videos to your ONEdrive and then delete them off your xbox. That should work too.

I'm having an unusual issue where I cant use the 'a' button in the controller to select anything on the dashboard. The tile will just flicker but nothing launches. Hard reset hasn't fixed it either.I can navigate and launch with voice commats fine and the a button works perfectly in game. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm having an unusual issue where I cant use the 'a' button in the controller to select anything on the dashboard. The tile will just flicker but nothing launches. Hard reset hasn't fixed it either.I can navigate and launch with voice commats fine and the a button works perfectly in game. Anyone any ideas?
    Plug it out for just over 30 seconds and plug it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That happens with me when I try select certain apps/games the odd time. I usually 'Go To' with Kinect and then jump back to the home screen and itll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Always happens me with Destiny, I have to use the menu to quit, then select a different game or app, then click on Destiny again.

Plug it out for just over 30 seconds and plug it back in.

No good, but I've found what the problem was.

My right thumbstick is acting up a little, not all the time but it occasionally drifts upwards. It seems that's getting worse now and it's like the dashboard is getting two inputs. eg. if I tap down on the thumbstick, it cancels the input and let's the button press register. Time to finally inbox that spare controller I got from littlewoods way back last year I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No good, but I've found what the problem was.

My right thumbstick is acting up a little, not all the time but it occasionally drifts upwards. It seems that's getting worse now and it's like the dashboard is getting two inputs. eg. if I tap down on the thumbstick, it cancels the input and let's the button press register. Time to finally inbox that spare controller I got from littlewoods way back last year I suppose.

Microsoft should replace the controller for free, the thumbsticks are sub standard.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Microsoft should replace the controller for free, the thumbsticks are sub standard.

Were you the chap who was breaking controllers like mad a few months back? Did you manage to get them replaced? My console is a day one, so nearly a year and a half old now.

Were you the chap who was breaking controllers like mad a few months back? Did you manage to get them replaced? My console is a day one, so nearly a year and a half old now.

Guilty lol. I think I've replaced about ten so far, one currently in rehab with Microsoft at the moment. I have two controllers, one just gets taken back to local store and gets replaced, the other gets a trip to Germany for repair. In five years of paying Fifa on the 360 I had zero controller problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Liamalone wrote: »
    Guilty lol. I think I've replaced about ten so far, one currently in rehab with Microsoft at the moment. I have two controllers, one just gets taken back to local store and gets replaced, the other gets a trip to Germany for repair. In five years of paying Fifa on the 360 I had zero controller problems.
    I have dropped my XB1 controller about 30 times at this stage. I have it since day 1, Nov 2013. I can't break the damn thing.

The analog sticks are still working great. Maybe you're just an analog murder lol.

You know the analogs sticks are for your thumbs and not your feet :P

I have dropped my XB1 controller about 30 times at this stage. I have it since day 1, Nov 2013. I can't break the damn thing.

The analog sticks are still working great. Maybe you're just an analog murder lol.

Lol I'm past caring at this stage, I just don't pay Fifa as much now. On the bright side, I've amassed a load of AA batteries that come with new controllers lol, I use rechargeables :)

Whilst they may seem flimsier, I've actually found them better than the 360 pads longevity wise. I usually pick up a fresh controller every 12 months or so, mainly for the fact that you don't notice it degrading over time, buttons getting sticky etc. A fresh pad is often a revalation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

A fresh pad is often a revalation.

My wife agrees :D

My wife agrees :D

Ah basher Ffs! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The One controller is amazing I have to say. Having said that, I'd to send mine back 3 times before I got one that didn't feel loose in my hand. Luckily, I had a second that was fine.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Is that your ONEdrive it's saved to or...?

Check to see if youre onedrive is full here: https://onedrive.live.com/

I dont think I have one drive? Tbh I dont know what it is lol?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement