Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Have a list of games I havent even started myself . LOTF, watchdogs, limbo, styx, rayman, half way threw alien and farcry. Luckily im not interested in any games coming out soon ... I dont think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Didn't know Ori was out next week, really looking forward to it since I saw it at E3 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Well shiit guys. I wasn't even after checking out Ori at all really until ye all start going on about it.
    I really like the look of it myself.
    Love a good sidescroller and the artwork is very well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Have a list of games I havent even started myself . LOTF, watchdogs, limbo, styx, rayman, half way threw alien and farcry. Luckily im not interested in any games coming out soon ... I dont think :P

But mortal kombat is out soon isnt it? Can't wait for that. I have a pile of games i havent played, doubt i'll ever get round to them :(

doa, cod:aw, rugby 15, dying light, gta5, evolve, resident evil, sniper elite 3, bf 4, cod ghosts, msg, shadow of mordor, tomb raider, watch dogs, wolfenstein

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

But mortal kombat is out soon isnt it? Can't wait for that. I have a pile of games i havent played, doubt i'll ever get round to them :(

doa, cod:aw, rugby 15, dying light, gta5, evolve, resident evil, sniper elite 3, bf 4, cod ghosts, msg, shadow of mordor, tomb raider, watch dogs, wolfenstein

I'm like yourself, have more games than time. A classic case of not being able to afford games when i was younger and had all the time in the world to play them, to the exact opposite now. :mad:

• Advertisement

I forgot about some other games im half way threw . Forza 5 and ac black glag. Spend most time playing fifa and aw tbh.

Mortal combat looks class but is there an actual story to it ?

Really caint wait for batman tho

IGN now has an app on the XB1

For anyone interested in watching the Microsoft/Xbox GDC conference, you can watch the full thing here: http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GDC/GDC-2015/The-Future-of-Gaming-Across-the-Microsoft-Ecosystem#time=0h0m16s:paused

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

There a thread for gamer tags??Just playing bf4,titanfall,Ac blackflag and cod ghosts at the minute.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    There a thread for gamer tags??Just playing bf4,titanfall,Ac blackflag and cod ghosts at the minute.

Theres a sticky thread with all gamertags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hellrazer wrote: »

Always need cod players great to have you on board I'll add you for cod and advanced warfare and titanfall for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I presume there's a few in here who use a UPC box with Kinect, mine won't turn on. It turns off no bother but just won't turn on when i power up the Xbox. I've asked via the preview forums and they responded but nothing worked, Xbox Support on Twitter had no idea. Anyone having the same problem? Did you get it sorted? It's no big deal of course but would be nice to have. Cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I presume there's a few in here who use a UPC box with Kinect, mine won't turn on. It turns off no bother but just won't turn on when i power up the Xbox. I've asked via the preview forums and they responded but nothing worked, Xbox Support on Twitter had no idea. Anyone having the same problem? Did you get it sorted? It's no big deal of course but would be nice to have. Cheers in advance.
    I don't have my Kinect linked to my cable box but just to get more detail which UPC box are you using? Horizon? Or their standard Thompson box?

I don't have my Kinect linked to my cable box but just to get more detail which UPC box are you using? Horizon? Or their standard Thompson box?

It's the Thompson one. Internet with Horizon was brutal for me so reverted back.

EDIT: I should say wireless was brutal for me, wired was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the consensus on Great Giana Sisters? Worth €7.50? Certainly looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

What's the consensus on Great Giana Sisters? Worth €7.50? Certainly looks nice.

got it free on psplus, didn't grab me. Preferred Trine tbh.

People who have gotten refunds off Microsoft for digitally purchased games on XB1.

Did Microsoft mess up, did you still get to keep your Digital game after you got the refund?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    People who have gotten refunds off Microsoft for digitally purchased games on XB1.

Did Microsoft mess up, did you still get to keep your Digital game after you got the refund?

I know a few lads who got refunds for battlefield premium, some still had it afterwards, others did not. It seems random enough tbh.

I know a few lads who got refunds for battlefield premium, some still had it afterwards, others did not. It seems random enough tbh.

Hmmm ok. I pre-ordered Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition being a massive Battefield fan. Then they bundled premium with it as the Ultimate edition a few days later so I wanted to get that to save the few euro instead. So got Microsoft to refund me which they did. Money was back in my account and all today.

But I still have Hardline in my games and apps and it's down as Pre-ordered. So I guess I won't know for sure until release date :confused: :P

Anyone else here with experience on it?

Hmmm ok. I pre-ordered Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition being a massive Battefield fan. Then they bundled premium with it as the Ultimate edition a few days later so I wanted to get that to save the few euro instead. So got Microsoft to refund me which they did. Money was back in my account and all today.

But I still have Hardline in my games and apps and it's down as Pre-ordered. So I guess I won't know for sure until release date :confused: :P

I got a refund for AC Unity but it still showed up in my games. But when I clicked on it it didn't launch so I'd say it's the same. As you say, you won't know until it's released.

• Advertisement

but isn't that usually the case? that the main game downloads as one item, and the premium / bonus content comes as separate items that are only a few KB in size?

Also - the game is downloaded, but the timer on being able to launch it is still running - so what'll most likely happen on launch day, is you'll go to launch, it'll see that you dont have a licence for the game, and then it'll fail.

(unless you buy the other version you want in the meantime)

How much is the ultimate edition?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

but isn't that usually the case? that the main game downloads as one item, and the premium / bonus content comes as separate items that are only a few KB in size?

Also - the game is downloaded, but the timer on being able to launch it is still running - so what'll most likely happen on launch day, is you'll go to launch, it'll see that you dont have a licence for the game, and then it'll fail.

(unless you buy the other version you want in the meantime)

It's an interesting one. Do you have USB storage MiskyBoyy?

Just spitballing here, but could you:
    • Move your downloaded battlefield to USB drive
    • Disconnect USB drive
    • Try to redownload Battlefield to internal storage

A bit of a faff, but I'd say that would be one way to run a license check before release.

How much is the ultimate edition?

On the rip off Irish store.

€129.99 without EA Access, €116.99 with EA Access.

But I'm not using the Irish store.

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's an interesting one. Do you have USB storage MiskyBoyy?

Just spitballing here, but could you:
    • Move your downloaded battlefield to USB drive
    • Disconnect USB drive
    • Try to redownload Battlefield to internal storage

A bit of a faff, but I'd say that would be one way to run a license check before release.

Hmmm yeah I'll try that for the craic actually and see!

129.99 without EA Access, €116.99 with EA Access.

Jay-sus.

Jay-sus.

:p

No I won't be either, that's if I decide to but it at all.

:p

whats the advantage of buying premium at launch? I got BF4 with my console on day one, and china rising was a free download, so I didnt buy premium until second assault came out.

now, I definitely feel like I got my moneys worth from it as its a game I still dip in and out of, but thats a big ask for a game that realistically could be in pretty poor shape at launch.

• Advertisement

Jesus wept. Had to convince my game sharing mate not to buy season passes any more, he's a hoor for it. It's a waste of time unless you absolutely love the game. It's stuff that should already be included. Robbery. Rant over :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement