Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Jesus wept. Had to convince my game sharing mate not to buy season passes any more, he's a hoor for it. It's a waste of time unless you absolutely love the game. It's stuff that should already be included. Robbery. Rant over :pac:

Depends on the game IMO, COD and battlefield add a lot over the season passes, new maps and mode definitely increase the lifespan. Other games, the mileage is decidedly less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Depends on the game IMO, COD and battlefield add a lot over the season passes, new maps and mode definitely increase the lifespan. Other games, the mileage is decidedly less.

Of course, as I said if it's a game you love then great. I still think €130 for a game is ridiculous though, no matter how much extra content.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I agree, a lot of Season Passes are ****e but like Stone Deaf says, Battlefield does add a lot.

Battlefield is what I consider my MAIN game. So I will always get premium asap for that game. No advantage to getting it earlier really, except with the Ultimate edition the EA Access discount will run into the cost of premium whereas if I were to buy premium separately, it wouldn't. I think Hardline has some weapons bench or something, not sure what it is yet to be honest that is only for premium members that I can use once the game is released.

I really enjoyed the Alpha and Beta for Hardline so I already know I will love this game.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Of course, as I said if it's a game you love then great. I still think €130 for a game is ridiculous though, no matter how much extra content.

130 is a LOT. It's working out about 85 for me I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I got a refund for Battlefield 4 premium and kept premium. Many of us got the same refund but only a few of us were lucky to keep premium. Some had BF digital and they got the full game refunded.

I used the chat support to let them know what a mess BF4 was at the time and I took a firm but polite stance on getting a refund for premium. After a few minutes of saying EA needed to be contacted for a refund I said EA sent me here because this is where I made my purchase. They caved a few minutes later.

Regardless Of where you install the game they will not remove the physical files. What they will do is remove the license (hopefully not) which means everytime you go to start the game an on-screen message will say you don't own this game.

The word is MS allow you one refund every 12 months without much of a fight. I suggest you invent an pre-order installation issue so you can't complete the install and ask for a refund. Remember, stick to your guns.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    130 is a LOT. It's working out about 85 for me I think.

€85 is fair for everything if you ask me. I'm guilty of paying loads extra on Forza games which I love so I understand your predicament Misky :) I just think it's happening in nearly every game now which is bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Folks, I have a Skype question for you lovely lot. Is it free to use on Xbone? I bought a kinect sensor on impulse and just had a quick footer with it but when I tried the Skype app it seemed to work on skype credits, is this the case? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Liamalone wrote: »
    Folks, I have a Skype question for you lovely lot. Is it free to use on Xbone? I bought a kinect sensor on impulse and just had a quick footer with it but when I tried the Skype app it seemed to work on skype credits, is this the case? Ta
    It works like Skype on every other device. Free calls to other skype users and skype credit for all other calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

People who have gotten refunds off Microsoft for digitally purchased games on XB1.

Did Microsoft mess up, did you still get to keep your Digital game after you got the refund?

I am still entitled to all games i have gotten refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's an interesting one. Do you have USB storage MiskyBoyy?

Just spitballing here, but could you:
    • Move your downloaded battlefield to USB drive
    • Disconnect USB drive
    • Try to redownload Battlefield to internal storage

A bit of a faff, but I'd say that would be one way to run a license check before release.

License check every time you launch the game. You can always download games you are not entitled to if, for example, you played one at a mates house with your account when you go back home the tile will be on your homepage and if you click on it it will download the title.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't let me move Hardline, it considers it 'still downloading' as it's a pre-order so only option I have is to uninstall.

I just went ahead and assumed once release day came it wouldn't work so ended up getting Ultimate Edition off Singapore market for 79 when it's 130 here. **** the system. But that's enough chat about that :rolleyes:

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mnu24_PawYuDYIoH77pJ.X5Z.MqQPibUVTcGuUQuZsy305pj07dyYJvCw_Vqno1fNsykZlc_PpKz0dVPDkQMRKzbbklfHJr4izB.1OOEffIuP6DyeOOIspSe519Xf.34.YT19GMiT4MQ7vBzMK91y2kkTaiE9QgOir7SjaKSZJN4643JXU2JBs3poGBktoM5ly8EOH2U323v7A-&format=png&h=294&w=215

"Borderlands: The Handsome Collection includes the definitive versions of both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, built specifically for next-gen consoles. For the first time in the franchise’s history, play four-player split screen on a single television, all in stunning high definition. Experience the entire Handsome Jack saga (including all available bonus add-on content as of March 24, 2015). Continue the adventure by transferring your previous saves on your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One with the new cross-save functionality."

It's now up for digital pre-order & pre-load on XB1

That artwork is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Part of me wan't all the achievements to just unlock when I import my saves and they other doesn't :D

23gb install for BL2 so thats quite step up from the 360 version.

The Pre-Sequel left me cold pretty much, was fine but not a patch on BL2 I can't wait to get my Salvador with his Unkempt Harrold and Grog Nozzle combo shooting things on One :D

Edit: Seems they will be available separately digitally too from the looks of it, like the metro games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just looking at my bandwidth usage there for the first time in network settings, averaging 50gb a month and 50mb an hour if playing online. Nice to be able to have those stats.

calex71 wrote: »
    Just looking at my bandwidth usage there for the first time in network settings, averaging 50gb a month and 50mb an hour if playing online. Nice to be able to have those stats.

February: 287GB
    January: 106GB
    December 246GB
    November 246GB

I have a digital games problem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just don't think I can bring myself to play Borderlands again. Completed the first one and then dumped so much time into the second one with all the DLC and whatnot that I think I burnt myself out on the franchise. Had no interest in the Pre-sequel and unless there are big changes, I don't see myself playing a Borderlands 3.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

February: 287GB
    January: 106GB
    December 246GB
    November 246GB

I have a digital games problem :pac:

Where can I see this?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where can I see this?

Settings>Network>Bandwidth Usage

You'll see it all there, to the right of the screen is 'Historical Bandwidth Usage' which shows how much data has been used over the past 3 months or so broken up into monthly figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ori reviews looking great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

maximoose wrote: »

Yeah really looking forward to it.looks so nice.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »

You can pre-order it on Amazon.com and get sent a digital code. $20, 8GB.

Maybe this is a sign of things to come?

http://www.amazon.com/Ori-Blind-Forest-Xbox-Digital/dp/B00TFVDR32/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425979628&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=ori+and+the+blind+fores

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I noticed Amazon were selling these a while ago but they didn't have many options - just COD and Assassin's creed I think at the time, they seem to have a lot there now

Certainly helps with the regional issues..

Ori & The Blind Forest is up for download now. €19.99 7.68gb

Anyone going to go for it?

People streaming it on Twitch already if anyone's interested.

People streaming it on Twitch already if anyone's interested.

A must buy for me, it looks beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah going to be buying that this evening, looking forward to it since I saw it at E3 last year.

People streaming it on Twitch already if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Any news on the new EA sports golf game is coming out, all I can find is "first quarter". I have the Golf Club but it's not great.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

ShaunC wrote: »
    Any news on the new EA sports golf game is coming out, all I can find is "first quarter". I have the Golf Club but it's not great.:(

The original trailer from E3 was cool but you're right, they're very quiet on the game. It only has two lines about it on wikipedia. According to Videogamer, it's delayed from March 31st until summer at the earliest.

it took some searching to find ori and the blind forest, it wasn't showing up anywhere in the store for me and search wouldn't find it. Eventually had to buy it from the phone using smartglass.

• Advertisement

it took some searching to find ori and the blind forest, it wasn't showing up anywhere in the store for me and search wouldn't find it. Eventually had to buy it from the phone using smartglass.

Oh really? Using Irish market? I have mine permanently set to U.S and was showing up in their market straight away last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement