Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

rayself wrote: »
    xbox one

Fascinating... I don't know if I agree with that statement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Well thats my Paddy's day well and truly sorted

rz8PYNr.jpg

Sunset overdrive season pass is on sale until tomorrow btw. It's a great game, online is good craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sunset overdrive season pass is on sale until tomorrow btw. It's a great game, online is good craic too.

I have SO sitting in my games to start. What's the season pass like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

rayself wrote: »
    xbox one

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I have SO sitting in my games to start. What's the season pass like ?

2 single player chapters in all new areas of the game world (only one released just yet but the other is due soon) plus new weapon weapons. It's a cheap season pass at 12 notes either way.

• Advertisement

2 single player chapters in all new areas of the game world (only one released just yet but the other is due soon) plus new weapon weapons. It's a cheap season pass at 12 notes either way.

Yea think I'll pick it up I played about 15 minutes so far but thought it was good.
    Stuck into Shadow of Mordor at the minute. God its so much fun :) may pick up the season pass for it without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is anyone still having problems matchmaking in Halo master chief collection? Any game modes that are easier to get a game in?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea think I'll pick it up I played about 15 minutes so far but thought it was good.
    Stuck into Shadow of Mordor at the minute. God its so much fun :) may pick up the season pass for it without a doubt.

I have mirror downloaded since January and haven't started it yet. I reckon I'll dive in once I'm done with ori and the blind forest. Mad to play a bit of gta as well at the moment.

I have mirror downloaded since January and haven't started it yet. I reckon I'll dive in once I'm done with ori and the blind forest. Mad to play a bit of gta as well at the moment.

Its so much fun. Think I've done 4/5 story missions and played for over 10 hours. I just run around killing Urks and freeing slaves most of the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Haven't finished Sunset Overdrive yet. It can get a lot into button mashing territory (for me anyway), but it's fun and genuinely made me smile or laugh on a number of occasions.

And it isn't brown or space grey. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Never been an NFL fan and the Madden games are like Su Doku on crack for me, never have a clue what is going on, but rumblings and rumors coming out that MS and 2k Games have been secretly working on an exclusive NFL game Joe Montana Football, for release this summer

Pinch of salt required.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It can be rather slow to download games so pick the one you most want to play (I wouldn't start with MCC, that's a mammoth DL), not to be a buzzkill but maybe make some grub while you're waiting for the initial updates to DL/Install, check back and begin downloading a game or game updates.
    Make sure you have sleep mode set up so you DL other games overnight while the console is in sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"We’re happy to announce that Xbox Music has integrated with OneDrive to allow access to your entire personal music collection from your Xbox Music application for free! As of today, any music files that you upload to your new “Music” folder in OneDrive will start to show up in your collection on music.xbox.com and in the Xbox Music apps for Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1, Xbox 360, and Xbox One – no Music Pass required! If you do have a Xbox Music Pass, you even get an extra 100GB of storage on your OneDrive!"

Shweet :D

Source

That Overdog app is out today for everyone too.

"Overdog helps you game with people who share your same interests in sports, music, movies, and more.

Instead of gaming with anonymous people in your favorite games (Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, and Madden to name a few), wouldn't you rather game with people you have something in common with? Stop letting the console tell you who to play with. Game with people who feel like friends."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

For US, Canada & UK

miralize wrote: »
    For US, Canada & UK

Ah shor aren't we all US citizens on Xbox :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "We’re happy to announce that Xbox Music has integrated with OneDrive to allow access to your entire personal music collection from your Xbox Music application for free! As of today, any music files that you upload to your new “Music” folder in OneDrive will start to show up in your collection on music.xbox.com and in the Xbox Music apps for Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1, Xbox 360, and Xbox One – no Music Pass required! If you do have a Xbox Music Pass, you even get an extra 100GB of storage on your OneDrive!"

Shweet :D

Source

Didn't see a music folder on my desktop until I click the link in the site you linked to and signed into one drive site. Works really well.

So you can dump music files that you have downloaded from anywhere into onedrive, and access them through xbox music?

maximoose wrote: »
    So you can dump music files that you have downloaded from anywhere into onedrive, and access them through xbox music?

Pretty much, and the app snaps quite nicely too, just wish there was an easier way to get to levels for apps and game audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

calex71 wrote: »
    Pretty much, and the app snaps quite nicely too, just wish there was an easier way to get to levels for apps and game audio.

Does the x1 app not offer levels?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hello,

Have they put sky go onto the Xbox one yet? If not, any idea when?

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hello,

Have they put sky go onto the Xbox one yet? If not, any idea when?

No not yet and as far as I can tell, there isn't any news on when or if it's coming at all.

The whole 'SkyDrive' fiasco soured things a little I'd say!

It's on the PS4 for a few months already.

Microsoft Surveying Interest in Alan Wake Remastered for Xbox One

Would definitely buy this, would rather a sequel though. Or both.

Microsoft Surveying Interest in Alan Wake Remastered for Xbox One

Would definitely buy this, would rather a sequel though. Or both.

That'd be an odd move IMO, I always thought that Alan wake was a bit of a commercial failure.

I played the original on 360 and enjoyed it , but not so much that I'd go again.

I loved the original. Commercial failure is probably right, I don't think it sold too well at all but critically it was well received and when they slashed the price (I think it was dirt cheap one christmas) it drummed up a lot of love for it.

One of my favourite games of last gen.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's done well on PC through humble bundles and the like so maybe that's what's driving them?

I loved the original. Commercial failure is probably right, I don't think it sold too well at all but critically it was well received and when they slashed the price (I think it was dirt cheap one christmas) it drummed up a lot of love for it.

One of my favourite games of last gen.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's done well on PC through humble bundles and the like so maybe that's what's driving them?
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    There are so many critically acclaimed games over the years that very commercial failures. For instance nearly every game Looking Glass studios (Thief,System Shock, Ultima Underworld,Terra Nova) made was a classic but they went bust.

Yeah , I'm not denying that it was a good game, as I said, i really enjoyed it, and it had some really memorable scenes, but I just dont see who the market is. And as you said Mickeroo, its done well on PC, but the cost per unit sold is a lot lower there (as in, you're probably getting it and five other games for 7 quid in a humble bundle).

A tenner at best is all I reckon they could charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone played Ziggurat yet? Love the look of it and think I'll be getting it this evening.

Oh forgot about that one, must have a look see. Seems an interesting concept.

Just spotted an app called XLEi there on the store, it's xbox live events thingy. Is there something coming up that will use it ? Normally only seen it used for e3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh forgot about that one, must have a look see. Seems an interesting concept.

Just spotted an app called XLEi there on the store, it's xbox live events thingy. Is there something coming up that will use it ? Normally only seen it used for e3.

Build?

Actually, there's a countdown site out there for Halo 5, finishes on Sunday, so it might be that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement