Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

CatInABox wrote: »
    Build?

Actually, there's a countdown site out there for Halo 5, finishes on Sunday, so it might be that.

Curiosity go the better of me and when I launch the app it shows a splash for COD 2015 championship on March 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

calex71 wrote: »
    Curiosity go the better of me and when I launch the app it shows a splash for COD 2015 championship on March 29th

trap.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

So, I have been used to this screen for a long time, but have I set my xb1 wrong? Why do I only see half of my friends screen (to the right) I followed all the set up stuff.
    Anyone know how to sort it out? Is this just happen to me?
    Thanks for any information in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What do you mean Deco?

You mean the Friends tab the way it's only showing half the box until you scroll over to the next tab?

It's meant to be like that...?

Here's another from google that shows it the same:

xbox-one-dash-pins-us-1p-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

deco nate wrote: »
    So, I have been used to this screen for a long time, but have I set my xb1 wrong? Why do I only see half of my friends screen (to the right) I followed all the set up stuff.

You see at the top its selected "Home" and friends is to the right,just hit RB and press A on friends.

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    it might be your screen ratio or picture mode. Mess around with the picture mode, (e.g)16:9, wide, fit, expanded, etc, etc.

When you're in the correct picture mode for your XB you wont see the halves.

it might be your screen ratio or picture mode. Mess around with the picture mode, (e.g)16:9, wide, fit, expanded, etc, etc.

When you're in the correct picture mode for your XB you wont see the halves.

I'm in the correct picture mode and I have the halves, always had regardless of what screen I was playing on?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'm in the correct picture mode and I have the halves, always had regardless of what screen I was playing on?
    I'll see if I can reproduce it.

*edit: mine has the same halve of friends box. I hadn't noticed it... Looking into it now

I think they are doing that so people know there is still something to scroll left and right for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Mine is the same, think its supposed to be like that, doesn't bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is there any way to turn off voice on the xbox one? Nothing worse than listening to young people roaring down the mic .

I remember on the 360 I could turn it off in preferences but cant find it on the one

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is there any way to turn off voice on the xbox one? Nothing worse than listening to young people roaring down the mic .

I remember on the 360 I could turn it off in preferences but cant find it on the one

Best thing you can do is just create a party when you come online and set it to invite only. Then game away as normal and you won't have to listen to little squeekers! :D

Best thing you can do is just create a party when you come online and set it to invite only. Then game away as normal and you won't have to listen to little squeekers! :D

Never taut of that actually ha cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This!!!!! Remember having to do that every time I played Plants Vs Zombies

Found this headset , its an old one that was for the 360 . Theres a 2.5mm and 3.5mm jack on it (see pick)

Can I cut off the 2.5mm and tape up the wire and use the 3.5mm for xbox one??

What im askin is will it be safe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Found this headset , its an old one that was for the 360 . Theres a 2.5mm and 3.5mm jack on it (see pick)

the problem is chat I assume, as most heasets will get you audio, either out of the tv aux out or direct from the optical port on the back of the one.

I did this

http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbob-360-to-Xbox-One-Headset-DIY-Conversion-Turtle/

be aware that the wires are feckin tiny, and, if you are like me, and cant solder worth a bit, then this is not for you. - and at this stage I'd go away and buy the adapter for 20 quid or whatever it is. These adapters werent available at the console launch, so so McGuyvering was needed.

also, if you have one of these
    large_dx12_3.jpg

you can run the optical out of your xbox one directly - but you'll still have no chat.

also, you didn't attach any picture so I'm kinda guessing what you have.

It'd be worth going to the headset thread to see what others have bought or done as well to see what might suit you best.

Forgot the picture ha. No il be using a headset adapter with the 3.5mm jack into it so I should get game and chat volume I think? It just let me attach the image , keeps sayin entity too large.

its basically just a wire coming off the headset with the 2 different sized jacks at the end of the wire . The jacks are in a white plastic thing so I would need to cut that and then cut the wire from the smaller jack.

Forgot the picture ha. No il be using a headset adapter with the 3.5mm jack into it so I should get game and chat volume I think? It just let me attach the image , keeps sayin entity too large.

its basically just a wire coming off the headset with the 2 different sized jacks at the end of the wire . The jacks are in a white plastic thing so I would need to cut that and then cut the wire from the smaller jack.

PM sent to avoid clogging the thread.

Still cant upload my captures to one drive. It willl let me upload certain ones only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Crikey. I just got back into Titanfall after the season pass and map packs were made free. I forgot how smoothly that runs for a Multiplayer game. It's a shame that more games don't use Azure for multiplayer.

God bless that MS Datacenter in Dublin and it's ~16ms ping times :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hi lads, ladies,

Just looking on adverts and there's some great deals on the Xbox one. I don't have much interest in gaming these days, but I'm wondering would it be worth getting one for the TV stuff?

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hi lads, ladies,

Just looking on adverts and there's some great deals on the Xbox one. I don't have much interest in gaming these days, but I'm wondering would it be worth getting one for the TV stuff?

short answer? - no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

On the 360 you could set the chat to output on the Headset or TV speakers or come out both.

Is there a similar option on the ONE?

I couldn't see it.

I've been using the headset for chat, and never bothered with Kinect. Is Kinect any good for party chat?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    On the 360 you could set the chat to output on the Headset or TV speakers or come out both.

Is there a similar option on the ONE?

I couldn't see it.

I've been using the headset for chat, and never bothered with Kinect. Is Kinect any good for party chat?

its grand, if you like to subject everyone else in the party to you sounding like you're trapped down a well. and it'll pick up every noise in the room, including the sound from your tv speakers.

PSA - don't be that guy who uses kinect for game chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

PSA - don't be that guy who uses kinect for game chat.

Ya I don't use it for game chat and I like my speakers loud!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Question: If I download the 15gb Forza Fast n Furious expansion onto a suitable usb drive, could I then just copy it to my son's xbox...... instead of having to download it onto his as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Liamalone wrote: »
    Question: If I download the 15gb Forza Fast n Furious expansion onto a suitable usb drive, could I then just copy it to my son's xbox...... instead of having to download it onto his as well?

Yes, it needs to be usb 3.0 and 256GB+, you format it for games when you attach it to the console and can then copy games onto it - just make sure you select copy rather than move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yes, it needs to be usb 3.0 and 256GB+, you format it for games when you attach it to the console and can then copy games onto it - just make sure you select copy rather than move.

Many thanks amino, tis appreciated :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    When buying games that are digital codes is there any way to know if its a legit copy and not a shared account? Bar the usual high rates sellers etc?

If it's a shared account thing would you have to log in with their account on your console rather than put in a code?

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    So if you redeem a code in the store and it starts to download on your account your golden right?

Yes sir!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement