Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    So if you redeem a code in the store and it starts to download on your account your golden right?

That's my understanding anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Danke! Thats Ryse,Forza bought :pac:

Ein Pils bitte, danke schön! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Danke! Thats Ryse,Forza bought :pac:

achtung mein Freund, neue Spiele mit Gold in wenigen Tagen

Abe is back babies :D

CBEDCpyWwAApdbH.jpg:large

Downloadable now from the Xbox digital market place.

And so if Fast & Furious for Horizon 2 standalone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Abe is back babies :D

CBEDCpyWwAApdbH.jpg:large

Downloadable now from the Xbox digital market place.

And so if Fast & Furious for Horizon 2 standalone :)

How much is the forza standalone ? When I try to buy it I get " BUNDLE ONLY "

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »

It's free for 2 weeks but I'm not sure if it's only for owners of Horizon 2 or not. I think you might have to get it through the in game store on Horizon 2 but my game wouldn't sync for some reason.

It's free for 2 weeks but I'm not sure if it's only for owners of Horizon 2 or not. I think you might have to get it through the in game store on Horizon 2 but my game wouldn't sync for some reason.

Its not standalone then tho if you have to own the game?? Or you have to own the game to get the free trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

'Forza Horizon 2 Fast and Furious' standalone still showing as unavailable through the website for me there, someone hasn't flicked the switch yet it seems.

Its not standalone then tho if you have to own the game?? Or you have to own the game to get the free trial?

I'm not certain. I'm just speculating really...

Liamalone wrote: »
    'Forza Horizon 2 Fast and Furious' standalone still showing as unavailable through the website for me there, someone hasn't flicked the switch yet it seems.

There's people playing it all over twitch tho, that's what's making me think it's accessed through the Horizon in game store.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I just got it on Xbox.com for nothing.

Came up as 'bundle only' for me as well but down at the bottom of the page was another link to it, clicked into that and it brought up a page where it is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I can confirm that it's definitely a standalone game. You don't need Forza Horizon 2 to download it, and it's not a free trial (like the Free Gold weekends in Forza 5). It's free to buy, own and keep (forever) if you 'buy' it before 10. April.

After that it goes up to €9.99.

We covered it briefly in a news story today.

Using the Forza Horizon 2 engine, this game is stunning it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Think I'll pick up a new game next week as I'm almost don't Shadow of Mordor.
    I'm thinking along the lines of Borderlands as the Destiny guys say its a great game and much more depth to it than Destiny itself. Also thinking Darksouls as Mickeroo suggested it and I really like the look of Bloodborne.

So guys what do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Think I'll pick up a new game next week as I'm almost don't Shadow of Mordor.
    I'm thinking along the lines of Borderlands as the Destiny guys say its a great game and much more depth to it than Destiny itself. Also thinking Darksouls as Mickeroo suggested it and I really like the look of Bloodborne.

So guys what do you think ?

Borderlands is superb, played it on PC and loved it. Comes with 4 player split screen also.

Borderlands is superb, played it on PC and loved it. Comes with 4 player split screen also.

Should have said I've never played any game in either series. So be a fresh experience.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Should have said I've never played any game in either series. So be a fresh experience.

Did you grab DS1 when it was on GWG?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you grab DS1 when it was on GWG?

No I never bothered to be honest as I was only after getting a few games and thought I'd never get around to playing it. Won't make the same mistake again. I'll be downloading them all from now on.

Came up as 'bundle only' for me as well but down at the bottom of the page was another link to it, clicked into that and it brought up a page where it is free.

Yeah none of that was working for me last night. Just checked it now and it's working grand. Typical when I could have had it downloaded over night :rolleyes:

Wtf there's achievements popping randomly for me this morning Old ass ones from Ryse, Son of Rome from back in December 2013. 2 of them popped so far with a good space between them.

"Beware the Ides of March" & "Et, tu brute" unless they were stuck ones or something. Better late than never! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Wtf there's achievements popping randomly for me this morning Old ass ones from Ryse, Son of Rome from back in December 2013. 2 of them popped so far with a good space between them.

"Beware the Ides of March" & "Et, tu brute" unless they were stuck ones or something. Better late than never! :D

DLC was added to Ryse.

And it seems on XBOX ONE, if you met the criteria for the new achievements they pop without having to start the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They were just added in a title update during the week I think, which made me think (even more) that it was coming in April GwG. Damn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That fast and furious game has some truly simple achievements. It's the quickest 1000 I've ever gotten, they pop up like confetti for the first half hour.

Downloading the fast and furious now . Seeing as its free kind of makes up for the bad gwg this month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

CatInABox wrote: »
    That fast and furious game has some truly simple achievements. It's the quickest 1000 I've ever gotten, they pop up like confetti for the first half hour.

Yeah they're pretty easy although I suspect I'll have trouble with the bank a skill chain of 50,000 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

New Xbox Update introduces voice messages along with the ability to send them to and from the 360.

wexdevil wrote: »
    Yeah they're pretty easy although I suspect I'll have trouble with the bank a skill chain of 50,000 or more.

That's what I thought too, but there's a rally stage that resulted in a 130,000 streak without even trying.

New Xbox Update introduces voice messages along with the ability to send them to and from the 360.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057245101&page=19

:)

The frequency of game updates on the One is beyond a joke, they are never itty bitty ones neither, if I didn't visit my sister's fibre connected house I would be screwed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The frequency of game updates on the One is beyond a joke, they are never itty bitty ones neither, if I didn't visit my sister's fibre connected house I would be screwed :(

Updates are down to the game houses, not MS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement