Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Updates are down to the game houses, not MS.

errrrm, I didn't blame MS, I was just stating an annoyance which holds true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Liamalone wrote: »
    errrrm, I didn't blame MS, I was just stating an annoyance which holds true.

Fair enough :) I don't have fibre at home but i think i've pulled down about 300-500gb between work and home a month.

Have you the box set to instant on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Fair enough :) I don't have fibre at home but i think i've pulled down about 300-500gb between work and home a month.

Have you the box set to instant on?

Nah, speed at home is only 0.5meg lol, if it was allowed to download as it sees fit then there would be carnage here at those times!

Turned it on earlier to play GTA, 4gb update needed so no go. Thought BF4 then, nope, 4.2gb update needed. Ah well, Halo it is, negative, can't remember but it needed a sizeable update too.

Trusty old Trials Fusion.... bummer, it wanted a 2.5gb update! Packed it up and went to the sister's, needed to download the Fast and Furious Forza thing anyways.

Thank goodness fibre is only a matter of weeks away for my home, I was going to stop with the engineers working at my local cabinet installing it and see if I could lend a hand to speed the process up lol

Edit: fwiw, it was only about ten days ago that I last took the One to visit my sister and those games were updated then also, hence my annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thank goodness fibre is only a matter of weeks away for my home, I was going to stop with the engineers working at my local cabinet installing it and see if I could lend a hand to speed the process up lol

Pretty soon for me too hopefully! It's down as between April & June and KN guys have been flat out laying the fibre cables in my area all week.

Cannot ****ing wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

The frequency of game updates on the One is beyond a joke, they are never itty bitty ones neither, if I didn't visit my sister's fibre connected house I would be screwed :(
    Absolutely agree
    I don't have a sisters house :(
    Very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

700 gamerscore in 80 mins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Maybe it's just an issue for me, but does anyone else have an awful lot of trouble with the apps?

For me, they take an age to load and that's a best case scenario. Xbox Fitness refuses to load at all, Netflix keeps coming up with error messages, NFL loads after about 5 minutes if it decides not to freeze at 29%, but the videos are unwatchable due to constant buffer.

My internet connection is not exactly rapid fast but it's not slow enough to cause this to be a connection issue either as I don't have trouble with anything else. All are updated too and I've tried numerous times powering on/off etc.

It's really taking my enjoyment away from the console as essentially all I can do on it is play games. I know that's actually what it's for, but you know what I mean. :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

3mb internet and I've never had an issue with Netflix, the apps can be slow enough to load alright but I find the whole OS quite slow at times, particularly when trying to set up parties look at friends list etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I can confirm that it's definitely a standalone game. You don't need Forza Horizon 2 to download it, and it's not a free trial (like the Free Gold weekends in Forza 5). It's free to buy, own and keep (forever) if you 'buy' it before 10. April.

After that it goes up to €9.99.

We covered it briefly in a

I can confirm that it's definitely a standalone game. You don't need Forza Horizon 2 to download it, and it's not a free trial (like the Free Gold weekends in Forza 5). It's free to buy, own and keep (forever) if you 'buy' it before 10. April.

After that it goes up to €9.99.

We covered it briefly in a

today.

Using the Forza Horizon 2 engine, this game is stunning it has to be said.

Thanks,

Thought it was only part of a bundle, but have it downloading now.
    That's the last bit of my HDD filled up now, should keep me going for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

F&F really was the perfect little advertisement for the full Horizon game.

Bought it yesterday after the standalone got me hooked, really enjoying it! My god it is pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

you got a purty moooouth !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    F&F really was the perfect little advertisement for the full Horizon game.

Bought it yesterday after the standalone got me hooked, really enjoying it! My god it is pretty.

Yeah its unreal. If you want a really fun car for plenty sideways fun, buy one of the trophy trucks. Then enjoy destroying cafe furniture / mopeds at will!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

trixiebust wrote: »
    Thanks,

Thought it was only part of a bundle, but have it downloading now.
    That's the last bit of my HDD filled up now, should keep me going for a while.

It'll repay you with some free flowing Gamerscore, too :)

Ye login and run to first race location *100* gamer points lolz they really were stuck on places to shove the gamer score . 1000 GS will be so easy on this lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I just started the download of the F&F game from Xbox.com. Might have a look at it later. Can anyone tell me how many cars and tracks are in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

I just started the download of the F&F game from Xbox.com. Might have a look at it later. Can anyone tell me how many cars and tracks are in the game?

I think there are 11 cars to win. The location is a kind of open world job set in Nice and the Cote d'Azur. I've only played the first few races so I'm not sure how far out of the city it goes but if it uses some of the coast roads that are in Horizon 2, they're stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

It'll repay you with some free flowing Gamerscore, too

It already has! Had three pop one after the other all for 30G each.

Couple of hours play has 800 scored. Stunning looking, and great fun.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Wolfenstein is great fun, only fired it up to have a quick go... 3 hours later. I have 9 euro on my Xbox account this is going to expire soon. Anybody got any suggestions?

put 11 with it and get Ori. its great.

Titanfall pops up for crazy cheap every now and again if you dont have it,

Resident evil revalations episode 1?

what are you into?

put 11 with it and get Ori. its great.

Titanfall pops up for crazy cheap every now and again if you dont have it,

Resident evil revalations episode 1?

what are you into?

I bought ABE/Oddworld for 4.33 as had clocked up some monies for doing surveys . They are throwing free games at us this last week or so.

Ori does look very good only i'll hang on as i have now got 5-6 games to get through , Child of light and another is supposed to be our free games with gold this month , its not shown up just yet ?. Hopefully Ori will be cheaper when im ready for it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Friend gave me a copy of TitanFall, I have heard Revalations is pants. To be honest after the last few Resi games I have lost patience with the series. I notice that DragonAge is half price but its like 40 euro or 35 USD on the US store. Can I change my region and add my credit card and buy it on the US store or will I get banhammered?
    We're not allowed to discuss this :)

Ah right fair enough! Disregard in that case :pac:

I kinda did it a while back used sterling based or purchased points wouldn't work on my profile so I set up UK Addy and drove on . it resulted in making a mess of my account and purchase procedures so I would advise against it . took ms 2-3 weeks to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Scumbag xbox one. Was playing borderlands 2 and was a good bit into a fight and was doing well in it and the xbox desides to tell me borderlands 2 needs a 74MB update and closes the game and I also lost where I was in the game and I am now gone miles back to the start of the area !!!!

Ahhhh

The final DLC for sunset overdrive was released yesterday, kinda slipped in under the radar.

Scumbag xbox one. Was playing borderlands 2 and was a good bit into a fight and was doing well in it and the xbox desides to tell me borderlands 2 needs a 74MB update and closes the game and I also lost where I was in the game and I am now gone miles back to the start of the area !!!!

Ahhhh

More scumbag software developers on not putting a stop, or timewait into the code once an update has become available . Not the bones fault more the game and its update procedures . When destiny was launched for example it did this , but now it waits for session restart for update to apply.

dbit wrote: »
    More scumbag software developers on not putting a stop, or timewait into the code once an update has become available . Not the bones fault more the game and its update procedures . When destiny was launched for example it did this , but now it waits for session restart for update to apply.

I reckon its more to do with making sure everyones version is sync'd up if the possibility of players running a different version to your session is there. i.e drop in / out co-op like dying light, borderlands etc has. I'd agree that they should let you postpone the update for 30 minutes or at least allow you to save before applying patches though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lads can anyone recommend a good hard drive for the Xbox one, no space left on mine and I'd say a good 1 TD hard drive would do me grand

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hococop wrote: »
    Lads can anyone recommend a good hard drive for the Xbox one, no space left on mine and I'd say a good 1 TD hard drive would do me grand

I have this one, 2TB rather than one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hococop wrote: »
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I have this one, 2TB rather than one though.
    Same,

You'll find many Xbox One owners here have the same 2TB portable hard drive. Highly recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Same,

You'll find many Xbox One owners here have the same 2TB portable hard drive. Highly recommend.

Yup, can confirm. Have that 1 too! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement