Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

+1 for the 2TB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Have the same, 2tb all The way, you'll be surprised how quick it fills up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Have the same, 2tb all The way, you'll be surprised how quick it fills up.

Only 795.6GB left out of 2TB on mine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yep +1 on the 2tb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Have that drive aswel . Doing the job nicely :) 1tb would fill up fairly quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Seems unanimous ha I'll shall be investing in this then, thanks lads

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have to say really enjoying the Xbox One.Playing through Wolfenstein at the minute..Best Fps Ive played in years on any platform.Who needs multiplayer!!!

But yeah a month in I thought I might bore of the console like I usually do but nope always manage a few hours a day.The Kinect is amazing and well under rated aswell.I love the fact that you can walk into a room,say "xbox on" start a game,app or whatever without even touching a controller.Have my android box looped through the hdmi in so I can even watch the latest series and movies all through the xbox.

Don't think the ps4 can do half the stuff the xbox can--seesm to be mainly a gaming machine but I like the media capabilities o the xbox.Ive even gotten rid of a couple of devices under the tv.My blu ray player and my Netflix box as xbox does both.

Gonna pick up one of those hdds later today as I think I might need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Well lads Got the HDD today good price and got a €5 voucher off Argos as well :)

Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone want a key for the Smite beta? Got two yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Should I download NeverWinter? Is it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Anyone want a key for the Smite beta? Got two yesterday.
    I don't know what that is?
    But I'd like to try it out, if not already given away. Thanks
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Should I download NeverWinter? Is it any good?

I've been enjoying what I've played of it so far, I'm currently halfway through lvl 37. Sure the framerate does drop a lot especially in the protectors enclave but its free, so far I havent felt the need to spend any actual money on it yet either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Been having a problem with my Xbox One and wanted to check if others had...

When turning off, I tend to just use the controller, hit "Turn off console", time to play again, hit the controller, grand.

But recently, when I boot the console back up, nothing works. I navigate the menu but when I try to click on something, it refuses to load anything. Have to do a hard reset to get it back working :(

Is that a known issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lord TSC wrote: »

When turning off, I tend to just use the controller, hit "Turn off console", time to play again, hit the controller, grand.

But recently, when I boot the console back up, nothing works. I navigate the menu but when I try to click on something, it refuses to load anything. Have to do a hard reset to get it back working :(

I've had an issue in the past where my left stick was drifting slightly (i.e. if you left it alone in an fps, the view would gradually move upwards of its own accord) It wasn't enough of an input to switch tiles on the dashboard as such, but it effectively cancelled out any button presses I was using to select apps etc. Does stuff launch when you use voice commands?
    If that doesn't help, it might be just the game itself that you've exited out of. System resume always worked perfectly for me with sunset overdrive, but battle field would always crash when I tried to jump straight back in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Voice commands don't work; it registers them on screen but nothing happens other than all the text turning green. And it's not just the game; I can't launch anything on the Xbox after it happens.

It has started since I began playing Lego Batman a few days back so maybe it's just the game throwing a fit :/ Will try to exit the game fully before turning off the console...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lord TSC wrote: »

That actually happens to mine once every two weeks or so. Usually just hard reset and it works fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lads are any of you having issues playing online games (Cod, Titanfall etc) and accessing netflix?

i can play the 3player, youtube etc no problem but netflix loading circle just spins very slowly then I'm brought backto the X1 dashboard\home

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Trilla wrote: »
    lads are any of you having issues playing online games (Cod, Titanfall etc) and accessing netflix?

i can play the 3player, youtube etc no problem but netflix loading circle just spins very slowly then I'm brought backto the X1 dashboard\home

All working fine for me. You try a hard reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

YE hard reset if the dash shows all services as up and online should kick her in the pants. When this happens you can also use the web login to confirm live status and get faster information that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fibbage is the best $7 I have spent on the Xbone, serious fun if you have people over to the house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    Fibbage is the best $7 I have spent on the Xbone, serious fun if you have people over to the house!

If you don't already have the Jackbox collection, I recommend it too.

For Fibbage XL and Drawful.

Drawful is the best laugh.

What's different about Fibbage XL?

Drawful sounds great yeah, I'm tempted by the party pack just to get it but $24 seems a little steep. Will hold out for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    What's different about Fibbage XL?

Loads more questions.

Found Fibbage repeating them a lot, probably because we played it so much without any one that called to the house.

Drawful is the best craic, the things it asks you to draw are near impossible and peoples reactions could have ya in stitches.

They have a new game coming out in the summer (hopefully) Quiplash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

TV tuner support, including pause and rewind, coming in the US, no dates for the rest of the world yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Happy Wars is now available to download for FREE*

Download here: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Happy-Wars/eb47f988-39eb-4a8f-9e99-b7963a821b3d

*'Free to Play'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Misky, yer a trooper. How is this man not a mod?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Happy Wars is great fun with a few others, played a bit on the 360 last year.

Uh-oh, just saw this linked on Reddit, it's from the Happy Wars facebook page:
    URGENT NOTICE REGARDING THE MISTAKEN RELEASE OF HAPPY WARS for XBOX ONE
    Greetings to all fans of Happy Wars and thanks for your great support.
    Just now, a system glitch resulted in accidental early release of Happy Wars for Xbox One in the Xbox One Game Store.
    IMPORTANT: Please note that after playing Happy Wars for Xbox One, the current version of Happy Wars for Xbox 360 will no longer be playable.
    Official release of Happy Wars for Xbox One is planned in the near future, so please refrain from installing and running Happy Wars for Xbox One until that time.
    The issue of Happy Wars for Xbox 360 becoming unplayable will be resolved by the next title update of Happy Wars for Xbox 360. However, if you have already installed and played Happy Wars for Xbox One, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
    We will issue a further announcement regarding the official release date of Happy Wars for Xbox One, the official release date of the next title update of Happy Wars for Xbox 360, and information for users who may already have installed and played Happy Wars for Xbox One. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Once again, we understand that this has been a serious inconvenience for our users, and we sincerely apologize.
    Note: Edited about playing Happy Wars for Xbox 360 after played Happy Wars for Xbox One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Happy Wars is a load of crap just like all the other free games we get, this poster is not amused but I'm sure as the console ages more games will release meaning more decent free titles.

• Advertisement

It isn't a "free game" as such, it's just f2p.

Whether it's a load of crap or not I don't know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement