Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicky Hip Scan

Options
  • 26-03-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, wondering if anyone had their new born scanned for Clicky Hip and if so was there a charge for the scan?

Anyone I have asked who had a baby scanned for this did not receive any invoice, however the paediatrician who examined our new born said, although he was pretty happy with her, he would send for a scan anyway. We then received a €150 bill.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Did you see the doctor privately?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There is a history of it in my wife's family so my son got scanned when he was a new born (13 months now) and checked by public heath doc when he was about 8 months and checked again when he was about 10 months as he managed to defeat all efforts by the doc to check him the first time. He's walking since 11 months and we have been keeping a close eye on him every since for limps or other signs but he's very steady and running around the place.

Off the top of my head I think we did get a bill for the ultrasound scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Yes had both scanned in the maternity hospital, was referred by the doctor in the hospital when they were born to come back at 6 months. I was a public patient in the maternity hospital, never paid for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Did you see the doctor privately?

the paediatrician who called round set it up - is that what you mean?

the paediatrician who called round set it up - is that what you mean?

We're you attending the hospital as public or private patients?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

My daughter had two x rays as the first was inconclusive.

I was public patient in maternity ward...referred by paediatrician who checks all babies before they go home as I had click hip as baby.

Never charged for either cray.

We're you attending the hospital as public or private patients?

Private.

Health Insurance will not cover the cost of the scan. to do with the excess I would think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Private.

Health Insurance will not cover the cost of the scan. to do with the excess I would think

I would fight that with them as being part of the over all bill, they paid ours.

Rew wrote: »
    I would fight that with them as being part of the over all bill, they paid ours.

It depends on the cover but €75 - €100 is of the order of the excess for a radiological procedure in many plans. If you had been public patients it would have been free.

If you had been public patients it would have been free.

This is the thing - we have spoken to friends who went both private and public who have had this scan and neither have been charged. Just seems inconsistent -

@Rew - who should we fight it with, the insurance company? What approach did u take?

• Advertisement
Advertisement