Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overlimit fee €7.50 for credit card

Options
  • 26-03-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

If I go over my credit card limit in a month but make a payment straight away to bring it back under in the same period, will I still be charged an overlimit fee of €7.50 at the billing period at the end of the month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi paulb06,

Thank you for contacting us here on boards.ie.

Yes, the fee will still apply. An Over the Limit fee is charged if your balance goes over your credit limit at any point within the statement period. If this happens we would always advise to pay the over the limit amount immediately however, the fee is still applicable.

We have included this insert from the fees and charges for Credit Cards. This helps explain the fee in full and may be beneficial to you:

You are charged an overlimit fee in relation to any statement
    period in which an overlimit position occurred. (If you go over
    your credit limit, your card may be declined when you try to
    use it.)

All fees and charges relating to your specific Credit Card product can be seen on the reverse of your Statement.

We hope this helps clarify your query. If we can help with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Hi paulb06,

Thank you for contacting us here on boards.ie.

Yes, the fee will still apply. An Over the Limit fee is charged if your balance goes over your credit limit at any point within the statement period. If this happens we would always advise to pay the over the limit amount immediately however, the fee is still applicable.

We have included this insert from the fees and charges for Credit Cards. This helps explain the fee in full and may be beneficial to you:

You are charged an overlimit fee in relation to any statement
    period in which an overlimit position occurred. (If you go over
    your credit limit, your card may be declined when you try to
    use it.)

All fees and charges relating to your specific Credit Card product can be seen on the reverse of your Statement.

We hope this helps clarify your query. If we can help with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,

Elaine 
    So the problem is, I was not aware that there would be a "Cash advance fee" of €2.54 applied to my account which brought it over, obviously if I had of known it would have brought it over I would have paid a little extra to my bill to allow me to make the transaction and still be under the limt and not be charged €7.50 at the bill date.

Now is it likely I will be charged €7.50 for the sake of a €1.50 overlimit amount? As above if I had of known the cash advance fee was going to be applied I would have transferred this overlimit €1.50 before making the transaction.

Hi paulb06,

Thanks for coming back to us.

All fees and charges including the cash advance fee are detailed within the terms and conditions of the Credit Card agreement which you would have signed upon opening of the account. And as such, this is a non-refundable fee.

If you would like to discuss the Over the Limit fee further please feel free to call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be more than happy to help you.

Thanks,

Elaine

Hi paulb06,

Thanks for coming back to us.

All fees and charges including the cash advance fee are detailed within the terms and conditions of the Credit Card agreement which you would have signed upon opening of the account. And as such, this is a non-refundable fee.

If you would like to discuss the Over the Limit fee further please feel free to call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be more than happy to help you.

Thanks,

Elaine
    Great, nice to know a refund/waiver won't even be considered due to an overview on my part if it is applied at billing period, off to PTSB I go.

Hi paulb06,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way.

If you believe this fee was unjustly charged we would ask that you to contact our dedicated Credit Card Service Team.

Although all valid fees and charges are seen as non-refundable, a representative will be more than happy to discuss and review the specific nature of your situation. We are unable to do so for you here, as we do not have account access.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Advertisement

Hi paulb06,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way.

If you believe this fee was unjustly charged we would ask that you to contact our dedicated Credit Card Service Team.

Although all valid fees and charges are seen as non-refundable, a representative will be more than happy to discuss and review the specific nature of your situation. We are unable to do so for you here, as we do not have account access.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    I don't feel it was unjustly charged, those are the fees and it is my error that it went into overlimit, but being charged €7.50 for going €1.50 into overlimit doesn't seem fair and I feel it should be looked into. I clearly would have paid the extra €1.50 if it meant avoiding a a €7.50 charge.

If it is applied I will give them a call.

Advertisement