Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Fell Disc Scratched

• 26-03-2014 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Someone I know had this happen, & the disc now has the 'perfect circle' scratch on it. I can't see it on the Xbox website, but are they still offering replacement discs should this happen? I know they used to, but maybe it was US only?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Myrddin wrote: »
    Someone I know had this happen, & the disc now has the 'perfect circle' scratch on it. I can't see it on the Xbox website, but are they still offering replacement discs should this happen? I know they used to, but maybe it was US only?

I didn't realise they did that, happened to my copy of Fifa 13 :( If they don't do it an option is to rent he game or get a copy off a friend and install it, it might still work with the broken disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I didn't realise they did that, happened to my copy of Fifa 13 :( If they don't do it an option is to rent he game or get a copy off a friend and install it, it might still work with the broken disk.

Just found it, prob not worth it though. - http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-360/games/disc-replacement-program

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

If you bring it into Gamestop they'll take it off you and give you a pre-owned disc for €5. Not free but if it's a new game then it sure as hell beats paying full whack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

I knocked Xbox with game playing and had ring around it laser burn GameStop called it said could not be repaired.

Went to Smyths and chap recommended a place to send it to in Dublin was free post.
    Disc was ruined so had nothing to loose posted it off with 6euro on Monday had it back Thursday working perfect like new.

Not sure if I can name but place was disc repair.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

deisediva wrote: »
    disc repair.ie

Cheers for that, I'll tell him to give them a go I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Myrddin wrote: »
    Cheers for that, I'll tell him to give them a go I think :)

They have a website and Facebook page sorry can't link on phone maybe have a look .

For 6 euro was worth a try before I had to buy new Skylanders disc as it was only new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Smyths have a disc cleaner, three quid per clean, takes ten minutes. At worst "laser burn" would need two cleans. Don't know why you were directed somewhere else in a Smyths, all stores have them

Advertisement