Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool Away

Options
  • 26-03-2014 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Bit early to start this thread but going to do it anyway

Arsenal are well and truly imploding and if we had beaten norwich and then not lost to arsenal at home then we would have had a great chance of getting 4th.

As it stands, everton are the ones looking like they will do it and anyway we will most likely lose this one at anfield

Dawson and vlad are back, i would play kaboul at RB and jan at LB and drop the two donkeys unless walker is back of course.

My prediction is 5-1 to the pool

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Even if i know it wont play out that way I refuse to go into a game believing we will be spanked.

Hope is mostly all we have so I for one aint giving up.

Liverpool 2 - Spurs 3

Bobby Soldado Hat-trick finished off by a penalty in the 92 minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

slegs wrote: »
    Even if i know it wont play out that way I refuse to go into a game believing we will be spanked.

Hope is mostly all we have so I for one aint giving up.

Liverpool 2 - Spurs 3

Bobby Soldado Hat-trick finished off by a penalty in the 92 minute.

ha ha. i love your optimism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

park the bus timmy !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

park the bus timmy !

and 1-2 away win

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

mickman wrote: »
    Bit early to start this thread but going to do it anyway

Dawson and vlad are back, i would play kaboul at RB and jan at LB and drop the two donkeys unless walker is back of course.

I would play that back 4 even if Walker is back.

My only place for Walker , would to play him in on the wide right side of midfield......drop lennon.

Liverpool aren't that great at the back, so I think we will score.

Hopefully keep them out and sneak away with a one nil win.

Our best bet is to "equalise before they score" :p DB

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

I would play that back 4 even if Walker is back.

My only place for Walker , would to play him in on the wide right side of midfield......drop lennon.

Liverpool aren't that great at the back, so I think we will score.

Hopefully keep them out and sneak away with a one nil win.

Our best bet is to "equalise before they score" :p DB

Good idea on walker / Lennon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The same fixture last season (mid Feb) was key. We lost and have been stumbling since, liverpool won and went on a great run which continued into this season.
    We were our own worst enemy that day (BAe and walker) so we owe them one.
    Still reckon we will be played off the pitch and loose by at least 2 goals if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

First goal will be crucial and which team starts brightly. They tore us apart at home. Anfield crowd were pretty quite against Sunderland, that can filter down to the players. Every game is huge for them, pressure is off us. If they play that high line as we did against Southampton, then we may as well not turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

2-0 to Liverpool. They are on fire, we are stumbling along. Getting better mind you but still stumbling.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Dawsons available... 5-0 to the scousers :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Liverpool can see the finish line in the not too far away distance...
    Last night we all thought including the Pool fans that they would tonk Sunderland...
    But no, they were actually hanging on in the end....First time they've had a bit of pressure on them to win.....
    Will be very very interesting if we can get a goal up with 25 - 30 mins to go...
    The longer we stay in the game the more cracks will appear and they will lose their shape....
    COYS!!!
    As the days draw closer, the more optomistic i always become!!!!
    Down in Athenry at a wedding on saturday, so will have to get a bunch of flowers in Topaz on the way home for the missus..she'll be driving too!!!
    Home in time to put the feet up and watch the game in the comfort of my own home!!
    Hungover to bits most likely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I hope Tim was watching the Liverpool/Sunderland match last night.

Gus made his back four drop any time Liverpool got on the ball. This made Liverpool quite blunt in attack as they had no runners in behind or down the channels. Sunderland were only a fantastic free-kick short of going in all square at half-time. In contrast, Arsenal (far stronger than Sunderland) tried to play toe-to-toe with Liverpool and were 4-0 down after 20 mins.

When Liverpool knocked on the door in the second half they panicked and then Sundeland had a go. They scored one, hit the bar and had a few near misses.

Firstly, if Tim plays a high line against Liverpool I will stop watching the match because we will be slaughtered. How he can play a high line after watching last night will make me realise that he does not have any managerial credentials. Sunderland did not try to play Liverpool offside once last night!

Secondly, Tim needs to realise that if we keep it tight in the first half Liverpool will get rattled and feel the pressure. While this Spurs team tend to pick up their game in the second half.

Finally, to repeat, if we play a high line on Sunday I will slate Tim Sherwood until he is not our manager any more. Be prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

High line OUT OUT OUT!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

**** it, just go all out attack against them. Stick Ade and Soldado on, with Eriksen behind them. They're gonna score a few, so we need to score more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Kiith wrote: »
    **** it, just go all out attack against them. Stick Ade and Soldado on, with Eriksen behind them. They're gonna score a few, so we need to score more.

That would be my attitude, they're guaranteed to get at least 3 but just as likely to leak 3 too. Attack them with 2 up front without a high line defence see how we get on. Course some would be calling for his head....

That would be my attitude, they're guaranteed to get at least 3 but just as likely to leak 3 too. Attack them with 2 up front without a high line defence see how we get on. Course some would be calling for his head....

Are you Harry...
    Are you Harry...
    Are you Harry.... in disguise!??

Sunderland just proved last night that Liverpool aren't guaranteed three if we're smart.

Sunderland just proved last night that Liverpool aren't guaranteed three if we're smart.

I see a problem with your logic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

I think this would be crazy. Liverpool have scored more than twice as many league goals as Spurs this year so their attack is clearly functioning better and they have two strikers in lethal form. A chaotic, shootout type of game is exactly what they want. They are capable of blitzing teams in the first 10 minutes if given the space.

Spurs need a plan to close them down in midfield and keep the game tight for a while. Liverpool's defence is very dodgy but going out gung ho is not the answer. I can guarantee that Chelsea will go to Anfield with two defensive midfielders in front of the back four and keep it tight for as long as possible. Why should Spurs think that they know better?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We need to get lots and lots of crosses into their box.

Thay are terrible at defending the high ball.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Martin567 wrote: »
    I can guarantee that Chelsea will go to Anfield with two defensive midfielders in front of the back four and keep it tight for as long as possible. Why should Spurs think that they know better?

Couldn't agree more.

Sure Chelsea played with Matic and Luiz in front of Terry and Cahill at home to Arsenal..... and won 6-0!

I'll go blue in the face saying it, but the role of the DMC is completely under-rated.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying don't play a defensive midfielder. Sandro definitely needs to be in that position.

But we need to press them constantly. We don't do well, ever, by parking the bus. We're nowhere near strong enough defensively to withstand sustained pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Couldn't agree more.

Sure Chelsea played with Matic and Luiz in front of Terry and Cahill at home to Arsenal..... and won 6-0!

I'll go blue in the face saying it, but the role of the DMC is completely under-rated.

DMCs are rated as very important

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

We need to get lots and lots of crosses into their box.

Thay are terrible at defending the high ball.

Yeah but we are terrible at producing quality crosses - have been all season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele, Siggy, Eriksen, Chadli, Adebayor

Naughton, Bentaleb and Soldado in if Walker, Dembele and Ade not fit

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm not saying don't play a defensive midfielder. Sandro definitely needs to be in that position.

But we need to press them constantly. We don't do well, ever, by parking the bus. We're nowhere near strong enough defensively to withstand sustained pressure.

I agree, but I think Sunderland got it spot on last night. Their front three - Altidore, Wickham and Giaccherini pressed the Liverpool defence high up the pitch. While the Sunderland defence sat back. This resulted in the ball not getting down the channels easily and allowed Sunderland to organise their defence.

I know Sunderland didn't get it spot on insofar as they lost, but nobody would have begrudged them a draw. That's a relegation candidate going to a free-scoring title chaser and nearly getting a draw. With our extra quality we could hopefully do more damage in the final third.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Fair play to Poyet last night, he almost pulled it off.
    The logical thing to do would be to play deep and at least one DMC in the middle so expect Timmy to do the polar opposite.
    Looking forward to seeing Erikson, Sol and Chadli playing together again but half expecting TS to drop Soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Surely if Sunderland can give them a fright like they did last night there must be some hope for us,I don't think we'll get hammered this time but who knows what stupid refereeing decision could go against us once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lloris Walker Kaboul Jan Rose Bentaleb Dembele Lennon Eriksen Townsend Adebayor

Can't wait COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lloris Walker Kaboul Jan Rose Bentaleb Dembele Lennon Eriksen Townsend Adebayor

Can't wait COYS

Dont forget the pictures.... also, try get into the lilywhites bar within the ground..remember i was telling you...just show your / our pass..;)

• Advertisement

this might seem odd but i now think there are two possible outcomes in this game

The most likely outcome is that they get an early goal , will settle their nerves and go on and batter us into oblivion

Second alternative is that we stifle them for a good while , the pressure gets to them and then we nick a goal and they fall apart (i reckon the pressure is starting to show a little with them)

So hoping for second outcome but the first one is the most probable

Advertisement