Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Am i the only one that doesnt know what a DMC is??

Are they the same as Central Defensive Midfielder? CDM?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Can't say for sure the pressure is starting to show on Liverpool after the Sunderland game.

We have had our fair share of tight victories this season with nervy enough finishes. Pool completely dominated the first 60 minutes, were 2-Nil up and should have had at least one penalty, while Sunderland should have been down to 10 men. We then proceeded to mess up countless goalscoring opportunities and inevitably Sunderland came back into the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Dont forget the pictures.... also, try get into the lilywhites bar within the ground..remember i was telling you...just show your / our pass..;)

Lilywhites bar at anfield 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »

Good article? "Not one player in their squad would make the Reds stronger though."

Pure BS. If you remove Suarez from the equation the difference between the Liverpool and Tottenham teams are the sum of their parts. We generally play without a game plan whereas they players have all bought into a very good brand of football under Rodgers.

Expect us to get beat pretty easy on Sunday and for once I don't mind. I'd rather see Liverpool win the league and I'd rather we didn't qualify for the Europa League again. Liverpool -1 handicap at 11/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Am i the only one that doesnt know what a DMC is??

Are they the same as Central Defensive Midfielder? CDM?:cool:

Yeah that's it. A DMC is defensive midfielder central.

I think it originated in Championship Manager and Football Manager (computer games).

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lilywhites bar at anfield 😄

jaysus, the shame of me!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Are you playing a high line in defense? Haven't seen much of your games recently.

As a Liverpool fan, I'm hoping the answer is yes!

Sunderland had some joy the other night, they played a 3-5-2 with 2 holding midfielders. Worked quite well. Liverpool had chances at 2-0 to finish it but it could well have ended in a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Fair play to Poyet last night, he almost pulled it off.
    The logical thing to do would be to play deep and at least one DMC in the middle so expect Timmy to do the polar opposite.
    Looking forward to seeing Erikson, Sol and Chadli playing together again but half expecting TS to drop Soldado.

If Soldado doesnt play this game I give up. He missed MoM last week only because Eriksen got 2 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lloris Walker Kaboul Jan Rose Bentaleb Dembele Lennon Eriksen Townsend Adebayor

Can't wait COYS

Are Sandro and Chadli injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

slegs wrote: »
    If Soldado doesnt play this game I give up. He missed MoM last week only because Eriksen got 2 goals.

Totally agree, show some faith in the player. We've nothing to lose, they have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Are you playing a high line in defense? Haven't seen much of your games recently.

As a Liverpool fan, I'm hoping the answer is yes!

Sunderland had some joy the other night, they played a 3-5-2 with 2 holding midfielders. Worked quite well. Liverpool had chances at 2-0 to finish it but it could well have ended in a draw.

Weve been persisting with it yeah. At least under AVB we didnt give the ball away so we had the time to set up defensively.

Im scared for this match. If sherwood tells the players to just go for it then well be hammered. And i fear he will

However If we can play deeper then I fancy our chances to get something. Weve enough players to do damage on the break. We might even see something from lennon for once this season if he has some space to run into

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

tim will do the most attacking formation possible and im fearing another hiding.. will be a great game i can see us scoring a couple but SaS outshooting us as usual.. head says 4:2 , heart says 2-3:D coys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Can't see it being easy for Liverpool anyway, it should be another tense one. 1-0 Reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I think if we're setup to counter Liverpool with playing one striker up top we may have a chance.

We all know we won't be able to out score them if we play attacking football. As has been said plenty, not playing a high line would be wise. Hit them on the break and we've a chance.

Need Sandro to play a very good game. Anyone remember away to AC Milan? Probably Sandro's best game for Spurs. If he can block the attacks off like he did then Liverpool will struggle to supply Suarez and Sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

7.45am ryanair let's go ole ole ole ole

Patww79 wrote: »
    No chance of keeping this below 5.

Ofcourse there's a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

irishmover wrote: »
    Ofcourse there's a chance.

dbVZQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

We owe these mofos for the embarrassment they caused us at the lane.I was gettin texts from pool fans that I thought were dead.If the players have any pride they will be up for this 100 percent.
    P.S I don't think it matters what Tim says as I'm not convinced the players really pay much attention to him,I don't think he will start Soldado and Bentaleb is a shoe in.
    Anyways I hope we give em hell- COYS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Its set up nicely for the pool to take full advantage of this weekends results but will they buckle under the pressure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

just remember chaps it wasnt to long ago that Garth Crooks ended a run of over 70 years without a win at anfield... talk about a bogey ground for us. This said who will ever forget Teddy and Jurgen..
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I know that by going for this game we could get slaughtered but what have we to lose? Nobody wants to see another big loss obviously.

We still have a slim (ok very fukn slim) chance of qualifying for CL. A loss or a draw will make that slim chance even smaller or non existent so we have to give it a go.

Tomorrow is one of them games "all or nothing", I think if Tim is using his noggin he will say lets have a go, beat these crowd or get beat trying.

Btw, I do not expect us to win tomorrow. Will be very very happy to be proved wrong, very wrong. I just hope Tim is not afraid to go for it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057178493

is the link to the main sf match thread where we are outnumbered 100/1;)

davycc wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057178493

is the link to the main sf match thread where we are outnumbered 100/1;)

I went onto it about two hours ago and bit my tongue at the ****e I was reading. Dislike Liverpool as much as Chelsea or Arsenal these days.

Don't really hear much from Man City fans so would actually prefer them to win the league this season. I suppose Facebook and boards is just full of Chelsea and Liverpool fans which doesn't help.

And for some strange reason Liverpool fans seem to dislike spurs as much as Man United or Everton. Can't really understand the smugness but sure leave them to it I suppose.

Luckily I'll be fast asleep when the game is on. God knows the ****e they'll come out with if they hammer us.

I went onto it about two hours ago and bit my tongue at the ****e I was reading. Dislike Liverpool as much as Chelsea or Arsenal these days.

Don't really hear much from Man City fans so would actually prefer them to win the league this season. I suppose Facebook and boards is just full of Chelsea and Liverpool fans which doesn't help.

And for some strange reason Liverpool fans seem to dislike spurs as much as Man United or Everton. Can't really understand the smugness but sure leave them to it I suppose.

Luckily I'll be fast asleep when the game is on. God knows the ****e they'll come out with if they hammer us.

Yea bizarre but during their decline over the last few years since epic champs lge win with various negative managers we were stealing their spotlight and champs lge places under harry and Its insane but they do hate us esp on here esp as we "stole" some players siggy and dempsey afik and many here seem bitter and still take it personally ffs! must be more I cant quite recall at the moment.

Id rather City or Arsenal win it ahead of Pool or Chelsea to be perfectly honest about it -

davycc wrote: »
    Id rather Arsenal win it ahead of Pool

Oooooh..... You know something is seriously wrong if a Spurs supporter wants Arsenal to win the league ahead of Liverpool. I probably wouldn't go quite that far myself but this season alone they've gone beyond a joke. Every club has their bad apples but of late Liverpool have had far too many.

I suppose it might be partly to do with thinking that maybe that was supposed to be us? I dunno. I still wouldn't be so smug if the roles were reversed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Believe me Liverpool fans don't dislike spurs supporters anywhere near the level of utd. Hadn't you lot one supporter on here years back that turned the whole of boards against spurs.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Believe me Liverpool fans don't dislike spurs supporters anywhere near the level of utd. Hadn't you lot one supporter on here years back that turned the whole of boards against spurs.

Wasn't particularly referring to Spurs supporters per-say. More the club itself. Sure there isn't too many spurs supporters around anyway. Have no idea who that supporter was but sounds like a plank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That guy.... shudder.

Nothing against Spurs myself, really. Most of it comes down to a lad I know who supports them and has Liverpool dogs abuse for the last few years, while secretly loving United.

I've taken my frustration with our transfer ineptitude out on Spurs a lot in the past, probably unfairly, and I don't like Daniel Levy's visaaaaage, but that's hardly his, or Spurs fault.

I gotta say I like Sherwood in the pressers. No bollocks, just tells it like it is. Put the fear into Liverpool when he started playing Adebeyor, I thought at the time 4th was gone.

Spurs. Great bunch of lads. It's gonna be a tough game and I genuinely think it would go either way.

Advertisement