Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

irishmover wrote: »
    Have no idea who that supporter was but sounds like a plank.

Yeah, you could say he was a bit of a muppet alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭amber69

Spurs have been constant competition to Liverpool for the last while and getting the better of us for the most part. At the start of this season ye had 100 million and we had little more than a rusty pot to piss in. Supporters of lfc didn't expect to be in the position we're in. I've a couple of spurs friends and there's never a word between anyone. Liverpool are hugely supported in Ireland so a very small percentage of them are bound to be dicks. Id like to think most are sound but Internet forums makes for brave people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Grayditch wrote: »
    That guy.... shudder.

Nothing against Spurs myself, really. Most of it comes down to a lad I know who supports them and has Liverpool dogs abuse for the last few years, while secretly loving United.

I've taken my frustration with our transfer ineptitude out on Spurs a lot in the past, probably unfairly, and I don't like Daniel Levy's visaaaaage, but that's hardly his, or Spurs fault.

I gotta say I like Sherwood in the pressers. No bollocks, just tells it like it is. Put the fear into Liverpool when he started playing Adebeyor, I thought at the time 4th was gone.

Spurs. Great bunch of lads. It's gonna be a tough game and I genuinely think it would go either way.

To be quite honest I've witnessed an awful lot of ridiculous crap from Liverpool fans since early in the season. Between quite a number of them having a crack at Spurs for the same reasons as you (transfers) and then showing nothing more than a complete lack of respect for Man United has probably left me with a little bit of distaste for the current Liverpool fanbase.

There is far too many vocal Liverpool fans on my Facebook which doesn't help but the vendetta against Man United and the slagging of Spurs for IMO pretty stupid reasons has completely changed my opinion of Liverpool. I mean it was only a year ago Liverpool were in a similar position to Man United!

But apart from that, as a club, I have respect for how they are getting back to where they once were. Not cashing in on their top players clearly has worked and that's something that Spurs need to apply to their own cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

amber69 wrote: »
    Spurs have been constant competition to Liverpool for the last while and getting the better of us for the most part. At the start of this season ye had 100 million and we had little more than a rusty pot to piss in. Supporters of lfc didn't expect to be in the position we're in. I've a couple of spurs friends and there's never a word between anyone. Liverpool are hugely supported in Ireland so a very small percentage of them are bound to be dicks. Id like to think most are sound but Internet forums makes for brave people

thanks for coming over to our forum thats a very honest and humble post:)

Id rather we kept Bale and missed out on that 100mil saga that has brought us backwards footballing wise-we used to have a top class 1st 11 now we have a larger squad depth of average footballers..
    lesson to be learnt from you guys managing to keep your best asset and a few other canny additions give pool a great attacking balance- we used to be the best counter attacking team under HR now its you lot under BR:cool:

Oooooh..... You know something is seriously wrong if a Spurs supporter wants Arsenal to win the league ahead of Liverpool. I probably wouldn't go quite that far myself but this season alone they've gone beyond a joke. Every club has their bad apples but of late Liverpool have had far too many.

I suppose it might be partly to do with thinking that maybe that was supposed to be us? I dunno. I still wouldn't be so smug if the roles were reversed though.

yep i hate the diving and constant cheating and general dirty play by suarez so by default whatever team he plays for I cant cheer for Pool- Same goes for Balotelli, Rooney and Torres also ;)

I have a few long suffering but genuine arsenal family and mates in real life who it would be nice and Id be delighted for them if they won the lge or FA cup-they could do with cheering up:D

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    yep i hate the diving and constant cheating and general dirty play by suarez so by default whatever team he plays for I cant cheer for Pool- Same goes for Balotelli, Rooney and Torres also ;)

I have a few long suffering but genuine arsenal family and mates in real life who it would be nice and Id be delighted for them if they won the lge or FA cup-they could do with cheering up:D

I think most here know where I stand with the Suarez thing aswell. Wouldn't care if he scored 100 goals a season I wouldn't want him near Spurs. As I said before I wouldn't sell my soul to the devil for all the riches in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

and then showing nothing more than a complete lack of respect for Man United has probably left me with a little bit of distaste for the current Liverpool fanbase.

I mean it was only a year ago Liverpool were in a similar position to Man United!

Ehhh. Gonna probably leave that one for another day. All the best, after today of course!

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ehhh. Gonna probably leave that one for another day. All the best, after today of course!

Yeh apologies. Probably no need for that. Little over the top.

I honestly wouldn't want to stop people from coming all the way over to our forum to have a bit of banter. So don't take that personally.

Oooooh..... You know something is seriously wrong if a Spurs supporter wants Arsenal to win the league ahead of Liverpool. I probably wouldn't go quite that far myself but this season alone they've gone beyond a joke. Every club has their bad apples but of late Liverpool have had far too many.

I'm sure some of you have a pop in on the Arsenal thread every now and again.

You might know that I *really* dislike spurs.

But today, I'm putting all that aside and want to wish you the very best and hope you can beat them.

If you play that high line, you will get f*cked. I just hope Special Agent Tim (:pac:) sees that and ye focus on defending today.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm sure some of you have a pop in on the Arsenal thread every now and again.

You might know that I *really* dislike spurs.

But today, I'm putting all that aside and want to wish you the very best and hope you can beat them.

If you play that high line, you will get f*cked. I just hope Special Agent Tim (:pac:) sees that and ye focus on defending today.

Best of luck!

Ah no, Fook that defending sh1te, not today. Give it a go Tim. Win or go down trying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Liverpool fan here. Next going to Anfield for the man city game and still waiting to wake up and realise this season has been a dream. I also never requested access to the soccer forum, so I've two match threads a year to post in. And I've only just recently discovered this loop hole. :o:D

Spurs could easily put a halt to our gallop. The season we put 9 past palace they beat us in the corresponding fixture. That's the fear.

Have liked spurs since the ozzie days, so, glad it's this forum I can post in.

With that said. 3 nil up before half time would be nice. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Never have I wanted us to win a match so badly, their fans have become insufferable on social media, United were never this annoying. I think i'd prefer to see City, Chelsea or dare I say it, Arsenal win the title at this stage, anyone but LFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Never have I wanted us to win a match so badly, their fans have become insufferable on social media, United were never this annoying. I think i'd prefer to see City, Chelsea or dare I say it, Arsenal win the title at this stage, anyone but LFC.

You can't be serious. (Arsenal winning it)

smcgiff wrote: »
    Liverpool fan here. Next going to Anfield for the man city game and still waiting to wake up and realise this season has been a dream. I also never requested access to the soccer forum, so I've two match threads a year to post in. And I've only just recently discovered this loop hole. :o:D

Spurs could easily put a halt to our gallop. The season we put 9 past palace they beat us in the corresponding fixture. That's the fear.

Have liked spurs since the ozzie days, so, glad it's this forum I can post in.

With that said. 3 nil up before half time would be nice. :pac:

Welcome to the forum. Everyone on here is decent, unbiased and even tempered. Good luck.

You can't be serious. (Arsenal winning it)

Anyone but LFC, their fans are already posting Kings of Europe crap. We'll see how they cope with mid week games next year....

Welcome to the forum. Everyone on here is decent, unbiased and even tempered. Good luck.

So I'm not part of this forum now? :(

Yeah. Saw that kings of Europe comment. Ha ha. Silly stuff.

So I'm not part of this forum now? :(

Well your as decent, unbiased and even tempered as the rest if the motley crew around here I suppose!! Ha

Well your as decent, unbiased and even tempered as the rest if the motley crew around here I suppose!! Ha

I see. Hopefully you'll be saying that after the game. Which reminds me. Better stick it on record and turn off my app/block sky sports and boards.ie until tomorrow evening.

I think I'll struggle to stay oblivious of the score for a full day.

G'wan outta that. Bet you check the score with 15 mins of waking up tomorrow

• Advertisement

G'wan outta that. Bet you check the score with 15 mins of waking up tomorrow

I'd say you'll be right. Would love to be able to sit down to a recorded game and watch it without knowing the score but I think before I even leave the house in the morning I'll know the result.. And then be depressed for the entire day..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pool fan here, just came across this post on main page, I'm terrified of this fixture more than Chelsea/City, you lads owe us a drubbing - be interested to see how difficult we can make it, but we have a habit of letting in silly goals lately, a lot of pressure on us today, if we win this I'll be surprised....

Best of luck lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Can't really see anything but a Liverpool win here. Would love to get something from Anfield though but Liverpool really are on fire at the moment. I'd be happy with a good performance from Spurs with a good display from Soldado and Erikson as long as we don't get a hiding.

Glebee wrote: »
    Can't really see anything but a Liverpool win here. Would love to get something from Anfield though but Liverpool really are on fire at the moment. I'd be happy with a good performance from Spurs with a good display from Soldado and Erikson as long as we don't get a hiding.

Me too. A good performance, some fight/character and 2 goals or less. Anything worse than that and I'll be mightily pi$$ed off.

Obviously I'd take a flukey 1-nil to us or a draw over anything else, I just hope we don't lie down for these guys again.

Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Sigurdsson; Lennon, Chadli, Eriksen; Soldado.
    Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Dembele, Sandro, Townsend, Winks, Kane

Liverpool team: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.
    Subs: Jones, Allen, Aspas, Sakho, Lucas, Cissokho, Moses.

I knew this would happen- Tim loves Bentalab a bit too much and this game will be too big for him to contain:(

should be starting Dembele ahead of him esp in these types of games and Sandro ahead of siggy today too:)

No defensive cover, this will not end well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We need to out of the starting blocks right today, Tim should give them a roasting before we start the game.

We also need both our fullbacks not to get too far ahead of the ball and get caught in no-mans without a chance of getting back.

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

No defensive cover, this will not end well
    Thats a wafer thin midfield. A contender for tim's worst line up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

davycc wrote: »
    Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Sigurdsson; Lennon, Chadli, Eriksen; Soldado.
    Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Dembele, Sandro, Townsend, Winks, Kane

Liverpool team: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.
    Subs: Jones, Allen, Aspas, Sakho, Lucas, Cissokho, Moses.

Siggy and bentaleb starting ahead of Sandro and dembele. Mother of God

Advertisement