Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Bad day at the office for ye today, but with any bit of luck Timothy will be gone and ye get a good coach next season. A lot of talent in the Spurs squad, get more goals into the squad during summer and who knows what might happen.. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Missed another fantastic game I see.

Don't think I'll be able to stomach watching the recording of the game. Delete button it is.

Tim Sherwood really looks out of his depth at this stage. AVB should not have been sacked, I was against the decision back then and still am.

We're in serious trouble but on the bright side we'll finish 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Whatever you do, don't watch it. Seventh will feel like a breath of fresh air.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't watch it. Seventh will feel like a breath of fresh air.

Just deleted it. That team selection.. My god. What was he doing having a front six like that? ****ing amateur hour.

Only he can explain his team selection? My thinking was that Sandro & Dembele weren't fully fit? Who knows? What's done is done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Turned off after 3 and watched a crap movie...couldnt stomach it.

We had the best midfield in the league a few years ago. We were supposedly overloaded with midfielders at the start of the season. It is shocking to see how bad our midfield is now.

The defense made mistakes but at no point in the game did we look like even retaining possession in midfield. Lennon is sh1t and needs to be offloaded, Naughton and Rose are not good enough. Bentaleb is a good prospect but Sherwood will ruin him if he doesn't manage how he plays him.

Roll on the Van Gaal era...

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Something must be wrong. For an opposing team, home or away to go from one box to the other with not so much as a tackle is beyond a joke. Fair enough they're low on confidence but some of the things they were doing yesterday were schoolboy stuff. Tracking runners, competing for headers, kicking the ball direct out of play. When Liverpool got the ball they all moved, making themselves available for a pass or just positioning themselves better. Space, drive into it, no space, pass and move. No one with the confidence to get on the ball apart from Eriksen and he's out on the left so he's probably worried about leaving rose exposed. It just seems like we're clueless. We get the ball, look up, nothing on, kick for the corner. Alot of manager's say "be brave" these days. Christ, bravery is the last thing you'll find in that spurs team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Win all our remaining games [whcih I wouldn't rule out] and we'll finish on 74 points, an EPL record. All without Bale too.

It just shows those saying AVB did a great job based on his points haul haven't realy a leg to stand on.

The rot started with the AVB appoitment and Tim, whilst out of his depth, has at least got us in a position where we can beat the teams worse than us.

Anyone who thinks LvG is the magic wand can think again, he is even more inflexible than AVB when it comes to the system.

^^^^^
    Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

its simple

when players have no respect for a manager they dont give a toss and performances drop, it happens in every level of football, its what is going on here now and the only way it will change to to appoint a proven manager

im not saying van gaal is the answer or guaranteed to work but at least he will have the dressing room

sherwood took the job too soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

golfball37 wrote: »
    Win all our remaining games [whcih I wouldn't rule out] and we'll finish on 74 points, an EPL record. All without Bale too.

It just shows those saying AVB did a great job based on his points haul haven't realy a leg to stand on.

The rot started with the AVB appoitment and Tim, whilst out of his depth, has at least got us in a position where we can beat the teams worse than us.

Anyone who thinks LvG is the magic wand can think again, he is even more inflexible than AVB when it comes to the system.

are you by any chance Martin Samuel or Neil Ashton? "if tim wins all his games we'll be at a record points haul..." "this all started with AVB" "LvG is as inflexible as AVB"

If Dim wasnt english he would be getting absolutely ridiculed in the British Press for the shambles that he is. We will be blessed to get LvG but the problem will no doubt be whether Levy is willing to stick with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

are you by any chance Martin Samuel or Neil Ashton? "if tim wins all his games we'll be at a record points haul..." "this all started with AVB" "LvG is as inflexible as AVB"

If Dim wasnt english he would be getting absolutely ridiculed in the British Press for the shambles that he is. We will be blessed to get LvG but the problem will no doubt be whether Levy is willing to stick with him.

I clearly said he was out of his depth if you re read my post.

He has improved us though this season from where the other bluffer was leading us. had Ade not been brought back we wouldn't be winning games at Southampton, Swansea and Newcastle for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

I clearly said he was out of his depth if you re read my post.

He has improved us though this season from where the other bluffer was leading us. had Ade not been brought back we wouldn't be winning games at Southampton, Swansea and Newcastle for example.

bringing ade back yes that was a good move, but it was a win win move as ade had a point to prove and he did for a while but has disappeared again
    i cant see how he has improved us, all he has done is alienated a lot of players and morale is at an all time low,
    he keeps picking rosebud, why not give fryers a run, cant be any worse

he is talking about livermore coming back

oh god its depressing, i agree we would be blessed to get LvG but i wont hold my breath on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I have to doubt if tim improved us.
    Perhaps we did start to gel just as AVB got sacked and Tim rode the wave?
    Tactics Tim has now been found to Tacticless and hides in the stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES AGAIN

THE CLUB SHOULD REFUND THE SUPPORTERS WHO TRAVELLED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES AGAIN

you wont see levy do that

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES AGAIN

The attached link just about sums it up for me - well written piece.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/bootroom/id/799?&cc=5739

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

TS has improved us?!?!?! I nearly choked on my sandwich. We are fooking useless.
    At least under AVB we had a plan and structure.. If soldado bangs 10 goals in his first 16 games like Ade did when TS came in we would hsve been fine.

All TS did was bring in Ade, no masterstroke there and he got the usual new manager honeymoon results. Nothing else.

As fot the comments . If we win all our remaining games we will gave x record, x points etc... Seriously... Have u seen our last 5 or 6 games ... We'd be lucky to pick up 10 more points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hahahahaha:D:D:D:D:D

Get outta town lad, now you're just embarrassing yourself!! We'd be doing well to win six games in the championship at this rate. Our defence is an absolute shambles so we put Bentaleb & Siggy in midfield against the highest scoring team in the league?:eek::eek::eek:

Amateur hour at White Hart Lane and Tim nice but Dim is on stage.:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

ready for the challenge.... PATHETIC !!!

BkHbbXpIMAA4ZKv.jpg

Vertonghen really doesn't do himself any favors, his injury didn't look much either. Apparently he's fine. I'd stick Vlad in the CB spot and stick him out to the left.

eriksen is the professional fella there

vertonghen is a complete joke

It looks like Vertonghen is at an u14's disco at the local barn and is hiding in the boys corner too scared to go ask a girl to dance.

irishmover wrote: »
    It looks like Vertonghen is at an u14's disco at the local barn and is hiding in the boys corner too scared to go ask a girl to dance.

have lost all respect for him. spurs career over i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Not defending Verts but I bet that he's very laid back anyway. Even in interviews he done when he was interested he came across as very laid back.

Although if he laid back anymore now he'd fall over. Boom boom. I'll get my coat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's leaning against a wall lads. I'm not defending the way he's been playing, but i think we're going a bit overboard here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Kiith wrote: »
    He's leaning against a wall lads. I'm not defending the way he's been playing, but i think we're going a bit overboard here.

Exactly he's still World Class I'd say he's been effected by how bad some of players have been and the chaos behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Amateur hour at White Hart Lane and Tim nice but Dim is on stage.:o:o

If I hear this 'I get a better view from up there' once more I'll put the remote through the tv. He says it in every interview now. I'm still not sure he can see even from the stands, his selections and tactics in running are bewildering to say the least.

This team is gutless, the only player that I could see getting visibly angry about being embarassed by Liverpool was Chadli. He worked hard I thought and was badly let down by those around him.

Vertonghen should be roaring at his team-mates and being a leader, instead he sulks and goes off with a questionable injury leaving people thinking he just wanted out of the game, he can go and ****e, professional me arse.

That picture posted earlier imo perfectly sums up the team, some will say its just a picture but its not, you can see the lack of interest in their body language. That picture should be of players looking focused on a plan and getting riled up for a huge game, not of schoolkids waiting outside the principles office.

There was another picture I saw of Suarez taking a free kick and the wall of spurs players was just pathetic, eyes closed and covering their nuts and faces, Chadli was in the wall and was staring at the ball and not looking worried about the ball hitting him like the rest, he looked to be only concerned about stopping the ball by any means. The rest just looked like little girls. For me it summed up the attitude in one neat little picture.

I hate this gutless team now. Sorry for incoherent rant.:pac:

• Advertisement

In this situation I try to put myself in Vertonghen's shoes.

Working in my office is a challenging environment, the boss is extremely competent and well respected in the industry. I also have good career prospects. Say I was to go in tomorrow and my boss had been sacked and someone else in the office, who didn't have a clue what they were doing and had no management experience had taken over, morale would be extremely low. If he then started putting square pegs in round holes and isolating himself from the staff during key meetings the place would go into meltdown.

Now no-one in our place is on €50k a week but it's all relative. Dembele and
    Vertonghen (buddies) appear to have no relationship with the manager, the former being dropped for a 19yr old novice. Vertonghen has not become a sh1t player over night. No way sell him.

Advertisement