Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool Away

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great weekend on the beer in Liverpool, still struggling.
    To say the teams performance was a disappointment would be an understatement. I said in another thread a while back that we had become a laughing stock and its getting worse.
    A manager picking players and systems that only he can justify and make no sense.
    Players wearing our shirt who have no passion and dont care whether they win or not.
    Players being picked who are simply not good enough to represent the club.
    Brilliant supporters who deserve a lot more than they are getting.
    3, maybe 4 players acknowledging the supporters after the game, fair play lads, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Hahahahaha:D:D:D:D:D

Get outta town lad, now you're just embarrassing yourself!! We'd be doing well to win six games in the championship at this rate. Our defence is an absolute shambles so we put Bentaleb & Siggy in midfield against the highest scoring team in the league?:eek::eek::eek:

Amateur hour at White Hart Lane and Tim nice but Dim is on stage.:o:o

Nice of you to take one paragraph out of context. Im not a bit embarrassed over what I said. AVB was a joke as was proven at Chelsea, Tim is a joke also but we will finish higher than we would have had the other joker remained in situ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

golfball37 wrote: »
    Nice of you to take one paragraph out of context. Im not a bit embarrassed over what I said. AVB was a joke as was proven at Chelsea, Tim is a joke also but we will finish higher than we would have had the other joker remained in situ.

not sure about that. under AVB we seemed to have more of a plan (even if it was a weird plan) - the players definetely seemed to respect him also.

With Tim, all we have is "go out there and play lads" - and then he picks the craziest lineups - the one on sunday was complete nonsense. Siggy and Bentaleb in centre midfield !! I just cant get over that one at all. I mean, sherwoods game plan was to go out there and try and outscore liverpool at anfield. Any manager with a brain would have had sandro first name on team sheet and told him to cover the back four and pick up suarez / sturridge

mickman wrote: »
    not sure about that. under AVB we seemed to have more of a plan (even if it was a weird plan) - the players definetely seemed to respect him also.

With Tim, all we have is "go out there and play lads" - and then he picks the craziest lineups - the one on sunday was complete nonsense. Siggy and Bentaleb in centre midfield !! I just cant get over that one at all. I mean, sherwoods game plan was to go out there and try and outscore liverpool at anfield. Any manager with a brain would have had sandro first name on team sheet and told him to cover the back four and pick up suarez / sturridge

AVB was better in the big games but his over complicated ways meant we couldn't beat any of the smaller teams and never looked like scoring a goal, especially at home.
    We're not good enough to compete at the top level but we should be good enough to beat at least 12 teams home and away. Under Tim we won matches we wouldn't have won under AVB imo. Mind you I'm not saying it was because of Tim it was just a case of letting better players beat inferior teams off their own bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

AVB was better in the big games but his over complicated ways meant we couldn't beat any of the smaller teams and never looked like scoring a goal, especially at home.
    We're not good enough to compete at the top level but we should be good enough to beat at least 12 teams home and away. Under Tim we won matches we wouldn't have won under AVB imo. Mind you I'm not saying it was because of Tim it was just a case of letting better players beat inferior teams off their own bat.

So you think we should be capable of getting 72 points outside of draws?

Crystal Palace beat Chelsea at the weekend. There's been a number of shock results this season to be honest.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    So you think we should be capable of getting 72 points outside of draws?

Crystal Palace beat Chelsea at the weekend. There's been a number of shock results this season to be honest.

What I;m saying is we have been better against the teams we should be beating under Sherwood than AVB. This is what I would class as a minimum requirement for any manager, beating teams you are beter than on a consistent basis.

The highest ranked team AVB beat this season was Hull and it was only with a dodgy penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

What I;m saying is we have been better against the teams we should be beating under Sherwood than AVB. This is what I would class as a minimum requirement for any manager, beating teams you are beter than on a consistent basis.

The highest ranked team AVB beat this season was Hull and it was only with a dodgy penalty.

yeah but he did get us our first away win at old trafford is god knows how many years

mickman wrote: »
    yeah but he did get us our first away win at old trafford is god knows how many years

That was the previous season with Bale in the team too.

Tim won there this year also. Arry would have won only for Howard Webb's intervention in 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Swansea

We were going well till West Ham that's when the wheels fell off

We picked up 4 points off United,3 off Newcastle,4 from Everton,full points off the saints and we did well against Arsenal considering the circumstances from both games it's the trashings from Liverpool,Chelsea and City that's just pathetic considering lower teams have gone and scored,picked up a point/Win or barely lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Really, you said "Win all our remaining games [whcih I wouldn't rule out]"

That was the first line. I'm only poking fun at you but it was pretty funny / deluded all the same. Would love to see us win our next six games but on our form and the state of our back four any team will fancy taking a point or three off us..

Edit: In the EPL AVB had the highest ever win percentage than any other Spurs manager. It may have not looked pretty and we got found out v the big teams but it was effective. Tim hasn't a clue.

• Advertisement

Really, you said "Win all our remaining games [whcih I wouldn't rule out]"

That was the first line. I'm only poking fun at you but it was pretty funny / deluded all the same. Would love to see us win our next six games but on our form and the state of our back four any team will fancy taking a point or three off us..

Edit: In the EPL AVB had the highest ever win percentage than any other Spurs manager. It may have not looked pretty and we got found out v the big teams but it was effective. Tim hasn't a clue.

Tim has a better record than AVB in the EPL this season. AVB had Bale last season. As I said earlier the hghest ranking team AVB beat this season was Hull. Tim hasn't a clue but the fact he's been an improvement, results wise,on AVB speaks volumes of the latters so called ability..

Be it with the appointment of Baldini or AVB or both we can trace the downhill spiral.

Tim has a better record than AVB in the EPL this season. AVB had Bale last season. As I said earlier the hghest ranking team AVB beat this season was Hull. Tim hasn't a clue but the fact he's been an improvement, results wise,on AVB speaks volumes of the latters so called ability..

Be it with the appointment of Baldini or AVB or both we can trace the downhill spiral.

Better record? AVB has the best win ratio of all our managers, 55%. Redknapp second on 49%. Sherwood has 45%.

Four losses in our last six games, the honeymoon period for Tim is long over. AVB got us our record points haul ever, the most points ever not to qualify for the CL. Short memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

http://lockerdome.com/bbcsporf/6169461380096065/6488800788498708

Lets pretend we scored a goal. lol. You cant but smile

Better record? AVB has the best win ratio of all our managers, 55%. Redknapp second on 49%. Sherwood has 45%.

Four losses in our last six games, the honeymoon period for Tim is long over. AVB got us our record points haul ever, the most points ever not to qualify for the CL. Short memory.

AVB's win record includes last season when he had Gareth Bale, Sherwood with the same squad this season has done better than him. This is irrefutable.

Points haul don't mean a thing, we could surpass 72 this year and we'd still be sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Sorry but this is getting very strange... how anyone can compare Dim to AVB is just silly.
    AVB got us our best points total last season... but that doesn't matter because we had a player who was playing brilliant (bale).
    At the start of the season having lost that player and having to bed in 7 new players we had the best defensive record in the country and one of the best in europe... its called being somewhat cautious with a load of new players, but fans start getting demanding and wanted instant success and 'glory glory' football, AVB changed the tactics and it started to go tits up ... que trigger happy Levy and he got the bullet.
    Then levys master plan is to appoint a man with NO managerial experience. He starts getting wins, primarily thanks to bringing back a player who was rubbish and disruptive for most of AVB's tenure and had a point to prove, his impact on games was similiar to the impact that Bale had last year, but highlighting the similarities of influence doesn't really suit when your trying to get an anti-AVB point across.
    Once this 'impact effect' had worn off the true inexperience of sheerwood became evident:
    He has no tactical awareness
    He can not control himself on the sideline
    He can not influence the performance from the side line (as stated the weekend)
    Despite week in week out lack of PL quality he consistently selects Bentaleb ahead of proven international/premiership players (this really boggles me tbh)

BUT... unbelievably so to me, some posters still believe that sherwood can be compared to AVB. that is the league winning, european trophy winning AVB... or does the Portuguese league or UEFA cup not count in this comparison ?

apologies for what became a rant...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Points haul don't mean a thing...
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

IMO both were and are not good enough for Tottenham Hotspur and hopefully this will be finally rectified come summer time.

AVB's win record includes last season when he had Gareth Bale, Sherwood with the same squad this season has done better than him. This is irrefutable.

Points haul don't mean a thing, we could surpass 72 this year and we'd still be sh1te.

Crazy talk. I have nothing more to say as we're clearly on a different page / planet.

Advertisement