Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update on broadband activation

Options
  • 26-03-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey

I've taken over my brother's unused contract with eircom as there was nine months left, and I needed a line as I bought a house.
    The house move went without a hitch, line up and running quite quickly for phone, ordered Thursday 6th, in on Monday 10th.

Broadband however, was meant to be installed by 24th but nothing seems to be done. I initially thought it would be the 21st, as that was 10 working days from the order, but with home moves it's 10 days from the line activation, which I wasn't told at the time.

Each time I phone in the person I talk to says it will probably be that day, but today I was told Monday (31st). I know that's not a huge wait for most, but I work from home and I need broadband to connect to my work VPN. At the moment I'm paying for a 3G service to cover while I wait, but it's not ideal.

Is there any way this could be escalated? If I could even know that this is being looked at. Each time I get the same information, or lack thereof.

I wouldn't really mind, but it means that I'm either going to be paying for a 3G service to work from home or travelling 2 hours a day to work. (Here endeth the whine)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Xander wrote: »
    Hey

I've taken over my brother's unused contract with eircom as there was nine months left, and I needed a line as I bought a house.
    The house move went without a hitch, line up and running quite quickly for phone, ordered Thursday 6th, in on Monday 10th.

Broadband however, was meant to be installed by 24th but nothing seems to be done. I initially thought it would be the 21st, as that was 10 working days from the order, but with home moves it's 10 days from the line activation, which I wasn't told at the time.

Each time I phone in the person I talk to says it will probably be that day, but today I was told Monday (31st). I know that's not a huge wait for most, but I work from home and I need broadband to connect to my work VPN. At the moment I'm paying for a 3G service to cover while I wait, but it's not ideal.

Is there any way this could be escalated? If I could even know that this is being looked at. Each time I get the same information, or lack thereof.

I wouldn't really mind, but it means that I'm either going to be paying for a 3G service to work from home or travelling 2 hours a day to work. (Here endeth the whine)

Thanks!
    Hi Xander

Please PM me the order or account number and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement