Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lusitania Death

• 26-03-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi,

i am looking for any online notification of a cousin who died on the Lusitania in 1915. I searched Irish Newspaper Archives without success but of course I might have missed something.

Are there any other on line sources?

His name was John Joseph Kelly b.1887 Emly/Tipperary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Have you looked here ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

cheers, Pedro, I will look there.
    thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

The only John Kelly I saw on the lists was a crew member with a Liverpool address, but originally from Glasgow.

In addition to the site mentioned above, might be worth checking lusitania.net and they have a full list of pass. and crew here as a pdf

and the CWGC website - John Kelly

Thanks Shane, he is listed as John J. O'Kelly, age 28.

He is listed on the family headstone but I am assuming that he is not buried there, even if his body were recovered?

Follow up query -

I am not having any luck in locating John's immigration/travel record. He was at home for the 1901 & 1911 Census so presumably sailed from Queenstown after 1911 to New York.

Name: John Joseph O'Kelly born 1887.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

montgo wrote: »
    Thanks Shane, he is listed as John J. O'Kelly, age 28.

He is listed on the family headstone but I am assuming that he is not buried there, even if his body were recovered?

I know there is a mass grave in the old Cobh cemetery, where 150 of the victims were buries. I visited a few years ago, but I cannot remember if the names are listed there.

CassieManson,

Yes, he might be buried there. Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

there's a list of bodies recovered on the rmslusitania.info website - some unidentified.

see : Recovered

Thanks Shane. Unfortunately, John's name is not listed but there were 26 unidentified male bodies included.

Advertisement