Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Titanfall Bundle Question

• 26-03-2014 3:38pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got myself the Xbox One Titanfall bundle today and finally have my kit all set up.

My problem is there doesn't seem to be anything in the box relating to titanfall except the cover. When I go to download it I'm being prompted to pay as you would if you had no free digital copy.

Can anyone who got the bundle tell me how they got their copy?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Dades wrote: »
    I got myself the Xbox One Titanfall bundle today and finally have my kit all set up.

My problem is there doesn't seem to be anything in the box relating to titanfall except the cover. When I go to download it I'm being prompted to pay as you would if you had no free digital copy.

Can anyone who got the bundle tell me how they got their copy?

Thanks!
    Was there a little card (about A5 size) in the box? You should have one, you need to open it along perforated edges and it will have a QR code and a 25-character code to start the download (you can manually type the 25-character code, or if you have set it up with your region as UK you can say "Xbox, Use a code" and it will scan the QR automatically for you).

It should look kind of like a flat version of the standard box for a Xbox One game
    mf4yOX2HF22DTEwareqy1og.jpg

- it could be in with all your manuals, warranties, etc. (that's where my FIFA 14 code was).

If it's not there, I'd head back to the shop with it.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks for that - not good news!

There definitely wasn't anything like that as I was very meticulous in un boxing and have searched all the packaging several times.

There's no way in hell I'm re packing everything so I'm heading back with my receipt to Argos and a chat with "Glen" who sorted me out earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thanks for that - not good news!

There definitely wasn't anything like that as I was very meticulous in un boxing and have searched all the packaging several times.

There's no way in hell I'm re packing everything so I'm heading back with my receipt to Argos and a chat with "Glen" who sorted me out earlier.

Weird that, was everything properly packed & sealed etc?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Funny you should say that there was some marks on the cover/box like you might get with something like a sticker or seal removed. There was still one plastic seal on the green box tho.

Someone in Argos ripping them off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Myrddin wrote: »

Not weird at all
    Its very easy to open up the xbox one package box and close it without anyone being any wiser
    I worked in argos for 2 years and I can confirm for you OP that someone most likely took the code out of the box as it generally happens to things like this

Lets face it, if someone robbed a code out of that box, the customer wouldnt know until he got home
    secondly the store wouldnt know anyway
    if the customer came back in, its a case of either the customer lying or that who originally packed the box in the factory forgot too put in the code

when in reality it is the staff who rob these things:pac: because their easyier too get away with compared to lets say robbing someone that actually needs too be scanned out of the shop

let me know how you get on op
    which argos did you get it from?

• Advertisement

Someone in Argos ripping them off?

Certainly a consideration...I wonder how they'll treat the issue?

Just in way back from Dundrum - all sorted. The manager who looked after me this morning opened up another bundle and pulled out a TF code card. Didn't know the ins and outs of the deal but took my word on it.

Happy enough and kudos to Argos.

Boards to the rescue once more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Just in way back from Dundrum - all sorted. The manager who looked after me this morning opened up another bundle and pulled out a TF code card. Didn't know the ins and outs of the deal but took my word on it.

you got very lucky :P enjoy the game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

That'll solve the problem alright, until whoever buys that Titanfall bundle comes in and asks where their game is!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    That'll solve the problem alright, until whoever buys that Titanfall bundle comes in and asks where their game is!

Prob what happened in this case if the truth be known

• Advertisement

I reckon that manager will pull the now-incomplete bundle from the shelves and not sell it on.

Some redshirt in there better tread carefully :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I am the completely non-techie mother of someone who has asked for Titanfall Xbox 360 for his upcoming birthday. Now he thinks he cannot play it (if he does get it) without Xbox Live / LIve Gold (I'm not sure re the terminology) - is he correct? We don't have Xbox Live/Gold so is there any point in buying the actual game for him?
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Its an online only game so technically no! unless youre going to buy xbox live

The bundle comes with a months free trial for XBox Live, but once that's up he won't be able to play Titanfall any more.

To be honest, owning an XBox One with Xbox Live is a bit like having a Ferrari and only ever driving around your garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I am the completely non-techie mother of someone who has asked for Titanfall Xbox 360 for his upcoming birthday. Now he thinks he cannot play it (if he does get it) without Xbox Live / LIve Gold (I'm not sure re the terminology) - is he correct? We don't have Xbox Live/Gold so is there any point in buying the actual game for him?
    Many thanks.
    The bundle comes with a months free trial for XBox Live, but once that's up he won't be able to play Titanfall any more.

To be honest, owning an XBox One with Xbox Live is a bit like having a Ferrari and only ever driving around your garden.

I believe she's talking about the Xbox 360 version of the game, not the Xbox One version. I don't think it will come with a month's subscription to Xbox Live but I could be mistaken.

Sorry you're right - my bad! Must have been thrown by the thread it was in relating to the XBone. :)

That's said - I think my sentiments remain the same about owning a 360 with no live subscription!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Either way 360 or X1, your gonna need xbox live to play it.

Thanks to you all for your replies. I had actually already pre-ordered it (to be released for XBox 360 11 April) but I was able to cancel it.

X BoxLive would be just another drain on the finances ... I don't mind a treat for a birthday but I don't need ongoing payments.

Back to the drawing board ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭recyclops

Thanks to you all for your replies. I had actually already pre-ordered it (to be released for XBox 360 11 April) but I was able to cancel it.

X BoxLive would be just another drain on the finances ... I don't mind a treat for a birthday but I don't need ongoing payments.

Back to the drawing board ...

hey just so you know xbox live is a one off yearly payment which can be got cheap online at various different websites like these

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

Thanks for that - as I say, completely non-techie - so knew nothing re these possibilities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement