Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Help

• 26-03-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys, Im new to this so not really sure how it works?
    My younger brother is in 5th year and is sitting his Leaving Cert next year. He's hopeless! Im trying as much as I can to help him study and prepare but unfortunetly there are some topics I have never studied for so wont be much help. if anyone can help me with essays on Othello and Sylvia Plath it would be greatly appreciated?
    Thanks so much! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Keynotes textbook have both Othello and Plath notes and sample answers. However, I think that it is best to learn some nice phrases/quotes etc from the revision guides/notes instead of rote learning off an essay. I think that the Department have introduced a new policy on plagiarism but I'm open to correction. It's also easier when you learn off the phrases to fit them into different answers. But getting back to your question, there are also some good English blogs/websites which some English teachers host such as leavingcertenglish.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lilmissalice17

Perfect thanks a million. I will look into them. I think I was jus looking for sample essays to help him see the layout and content more than learning it off, but thanks for the advice. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

TCD disability support services has a range of really simple and straightforward learning support guides on their website. Some aimed specifically at LC students. : http://www.tcd.ie/disability/prospective/student-info/skills-downloads.php#essay

Theres also some handy stuff in the Exam Centre http://www.skoool.ie/examcentre_sc.asp?id=2075

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lilmissalice17

That website is great. I got the list of revision topics of it so he can tick it off as we go along. Thanks a million. :D

Advertisement