Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Science Museum at Maynooth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

zom wrote: »
    Is this website a joke?

http://www.nuim.ie/museum/

Well considering the software it was made with (Adobe PageMill 3.0) was discontinued in February 2000, I'd imagine it's not updated very often..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Its for real, the museum isn't exactly a big attraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Well considering the software it was made with (Adobe PageMill 3.0) was discontinued in February 2000, I'd imagine it's not updated very often..?

Do you mean it's kept like that for purpose as an example of use of Adobe PageMill 3.0?
    Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Its for real, the museum isn't exactly a big attraction.

From what I know it is the one and only Science Museum in Ireland (not to mention Science Gallery in Trinity which is a joke too).
    But out of that, it's hard to believe this website is "real" website - is there nobody in NUI Maynooth to make it look post 2000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

zom wrote: »
    is there nobody in NUI Maynooth to make it look post 2000?

Well basically its a one man job and when its open its staffed by a lone postgrad. But if you'd like to have a go at updating the website, you should contact the curator Dr Niall McKeith and volunteer.

Advertisement