Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering question.

Options
  • 26-03-2014 5:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭

Probably a very amateurish question to ask ...but here goes.

Previously I worked for a charity whose task involved some distribution, I offered to do certain tasks involving bringing donations back to the office.

I was told that that would be a definite no-go due to commercial insurance and they'd have to put me on the books if I was carrying out work duties.

So I wondered - could this be got around - probably a bit of a daydream but heres the idea.

I register as a sole trader for the princely sum of 40 euro.
    I have a simple written contract with the charity for payment in grapes + petrol costs + insurance.

I get to help with distribution. The charity profits.

Whaddaya think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Check with your own insurance as far as I know, you are covered for all remunerated activities such as charity work, hobbies etc. The only thing I can think of is personal injury liability while moving stuff, they may actually be covered on their own insurance for this, they can check!!

Advertisement