Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live signing out

• 26-03-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Every 10 or 15 minutes I get signed out of Xbox Live.

My set up details
    Wireless adapter is about 4/5 years old
    Xbox 360 (120GB) is about a 1.5 years old (only use it about every 3/4 months)
    My NAT is moderate

Anyone else have similar issues or suggestions?
    Im guessing it could be an issue with the old wireless adapter but dont want to fork out 50 quid or so and find out that its not the issue
    $_35.JPG

61IlbDSM31L._SL1415_.jpg

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it constantly asking for your e-mail and password?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what modem are you using? if it's one of the old Eircom Zyxel ones, I may know the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it constantly asking for your e-mail and password?

Yes it is
    what modem are you using? if it's one of the old Eircom Zyxel ones, I may know the problem.

Yes its this modem?
    zyxelmodem.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yes it is

Had the same problem last night, apparently it's a problem they're working on at the moment.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Had the same problem last night, apparently it's a problem they're working on at the moment.

Ive had this issue for a while though. Did you have this issue for a while or just last night?

• Advertisement

Ive had this issue for a while though. Did you have this issue for a while or just last night?

Last night was the first time for me, was very annoying, it seemed to sort itself out after an hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

give this a go, see how things work out
    1. Log onto your modem's configuration page by going to http://192.168.1.254 via your web browser.

2. If you're asked for a password its broadband1

3. Go to the orange Network link on the left side of the screen, from the dropdown options choose Wireless LAN, and on the screen you'll see ReAuthentication Timer, Idle Timeout, and Group Key Update Timer.

4.Change them all to 9999 seconds, and then click Apply.

Thanks I tried that. Ill report back if it works/doesnt.

What do the settings mean?

give this a go, see how things work out
    Thanks I tried that. Ill report back if it works/doesnt.

What do the settings mean?

Im still getting signed out

Advertisement