Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon recipes

Options
  • 26-03-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I dont eat any fish at all and I am looking to introduce some into my diet. I have decided on salmon and I am looking for some recipes. Something simple and tasty that won't take too long to prepare when I come in from work. Also what cuts should I be looking to buy. I see that tesco have wild Alaskan salmon fillets half price this week, wondering if they're a good buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Don't limit yourself to Salmon (I like it but not it's biggest fan)-Give other fish a go as well. Do you like smokey/strong flavours? Coley or Haddock if smoked are beautiful.

And Haddock unsmoked is also gorgeous.

Salmon fillet or darne, put butter on top, grill on that side. Repeat other side. Mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Thanks Makood, I wouldn't really be in to smokey flavours. The reason I'm going for salmon is I want something with a high omega 3 content. Not sure if I'll even like it!

[QUOTE=Makood;89644618]Don't limit yourself to Salmon (I like it but not it's biggest fan)-Give other fish a go as well. Do you like smokey/strong flavours? Coley or Haddock if smoked are beautiful.

And Haddock unsmoked is also gorgeous.
    [/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

salmon with teriyaki is a nice combination. Serve with rice and a green veg.

Simple way is to just pour some teriyaki over salmon, wrap in foil and bake in oven for 15/20mins. Should be rare in middle.

...and just but a bottle of teriyaki! No need to make from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Cajun is nice with salmon. There's more to fish than salmon though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please use the forum search function.

There are many threads on salmon recipes here already...
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=610&query=Salmon

tHB

Advertisement