Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo design, help.

Options
  • 26-03-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

What is a good place to get a nice logo made up, my budget is around 100 at a push <-if possible->

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you are any way decent at design you can easily get one using an online logo tool for <€5 or else you could just get someone on fiverr if you don't like then no harm hasn't cost much!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Try Fiverr.com - US$5 and they'll give it to you in png, jpg etc and often throw in business cards as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

One of the mods of this forum did a website for me a few years which I was very pleased with .Im pretty sure he does logo's as well , not sure if I can mention him here or if thats advertising ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

I have JUST finished filling in all the info at fiverr :-) (24 hours to go)

PM me his details scwazrh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

ahhhhhh, fiverrs great, I got lots of stuff done there, from designers in Bangladesh, sri lanka etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

If you want dozens of options to view, input into the process and multiple revisions before deciding, you could try www.99Designs.com. I was pleased with what I got for €199 (gone up now to €229 it appears). I've no connection other than being a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 davey boy

I used a website called mycroburst. You set the price and lots of designers will create logos for you look at. You give them ideas on what you want and then pick the one that you feel is best. I felt bad for all the designers I rejected but ended up with a very professional logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

Design contest is a great site.

http://www.designcontest.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

Hi guys.
    The only concern that I would have with using these sites is the originality of the logo marks. If the logo is for yours grannies cake stand,then these sites will suffice. If you want to have a logo mark that is original, and does not infringe on any other trademarked logos then getting a professional to formulate one would be an investment. You have to asked yourself how much time are they really spending on your logo for $5.
    If you want to expand your business both here and abroad, the last thing you want is to have to change your: business cards, letterheads, website, signage for uniforms, vans, premises, etc, because you have received a solicitors letter through your door regarding trademark infringement. Might not be the image you want for your company, just a thought.

Came across this site: http://www.logothief.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Hi guys.
    The only concern that I would have with using these sites is the originality of the logo marks. If the logo is for yours grannies cake stand,then these sites will suffice. If you want to have a logo mark that is original, and does not infringe on any other trademarked logos then getting a professional to formulate one would be an investment. You have to asked yourself how much time are they really spending on your logo for $5.
    If you want to expand your business both here and abroad, the last thing you want is to have to change your: business cards, letterheads, website, signage for uniforms, vans, premises, etc, because you have received a solicitors letter through your door regarding trademark infringement. Might not be the image you want for your company, just a thought.

Came across this site: http://www.logothief.com

Or they use a copyrighted image in it and someone like Getty comes after you for thousands in damages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

professore wrote: »
    Or they use a copyrighted image in it and someone like Getty comes after you for thousands in damages.

Investment in design is a key advantage for all businesses, companies that invest outperform those that don't by an average of 40%. Didn't do Apple any harm, pretty well I'd say for a company that started in a garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 up the hill

I have had alot of work done with freelancer.com a great site as well.

Advertisement