Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet gone absolutely shocking.

Options
  • 26-03-2014 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭

Having issues with Eircom at the moment, absolutely shocking service, the internet is constantly disconnecting, with the red light appearing on the modem, and when the internet does finally reconnect, it goes as slow as hell (paying for 3mb).

These are just some of the speeds I've been getting for the last month or so.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3376344708

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3380775620

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3382529926

And one from tonight.

3398614942.png

How are these speeds considered an acceptable service? 

Originally I decided to be patient as I thought it may be a hangup from the Storm damage, but it has gone on too long at the moment, and a service that is being paid for, is not being provided.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Having issues with Eircom at the moment, absolutely shocking service, the internet is constantly disconnecting, with the red light appearing on the modem, and when the internet does finally reconnect, it goes as slow as hell (paying for 3mb).

These are just some of the speeds I've been getting for the last month or so.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3376344708

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3380775620

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3382529926

And one from tonight.

3398614942.png

How are these speeds considered an acceptable service? 

Originally I decided to be patient as I thought it may be a hangup from the Storm damage, but it has gone on too long at the moment, and a service that is being paid for, is not being provided.
    Hi SherlockWatson

Very sorry to hear this, please PM me your landline number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Hi Alan, I am also having difficulty accessing the account online as it was set up some time ago(10+ years I think) and the person who set it up doesn't have access to that email address anymore or remember the password?

Is it possible to rectify this?

I would like to be able to check the account online to see what package i am currently in, and the cost/pricing.

Hi Alan, I am also having difficulty accessing the account online as it was set up some time ago(10+ years I think) and the person who set it up doesn't have access to that email address anymore or remember the password?

Is it possible to rectify this?

I would like to be able to check the account online to see what package i am currently in, and the cost/pricing.
    Hi SherlockWatson

Have you tried registering with another email address? If it displays a message advising an account is already registed just request closure of it by emailing webmaster@eircom.ie including all the information your remember about the old account (current eircom Ac number /old email address / name on account and contact details) and this will be reset within up to 5 days.

Thanks
    Al

Hello, 

I was under the illusion that there was a splitter being sent out to me, due to the connection issues?

If this issue isn't sorted by the end of the week, we will be cancelling our Eircom contract, and pursuing a contract with a different provider.

We have been Eircom customers for at least 10 years, and if it turns out that you are going to attempt to charge us for A)The Splitter B) A new modem/router C) Technician to call out if the problem is still persisting, we will be leaving Eircom asap.

Before you come back saying that we are currently in contract and cannot exit, you will notice that the last upgrade to the account was done by someone not named on the account, nor was permission given from the Account Holder to do so, so the new contract would be invalid, also, I'm sure the Data Protection Commissioner would love to hear that Eircom don't even check to see if they are speaking to the Account Holder anymore, as far as I am aware, that can carry up to a 100,000e fine.

Regards, 

Daniel.

Hello, 

I was under the illusion that there was a splitter being sent out to me, due to the connection issues?

If this issue isn't sorted by the end of the week, we will be cancelling our Eircom contract, and pursuing a contract with a different provider.

We have been Eircom customers for at least 10 years, and if it turns out that you are going to attempt to charge us for A)The Splitter B) A new modem/router C) Technician to call out if the problem is still persisting, we will be leaving Eircom asap.

Before you come back saying that we are currently in contract and cannot exit, you will notice that the last upgrade to the account was done by someone not named on the account, nor was permission given from the Account Holder to do so, so the new contract would be invalid, also, I'm sure the Data Protection Commissioner would love to hear that Eircom don't even check to see if they are speaking to the Account Holder anymore, as far as I am aware, that can carry up to a 100,000e fine.

Regards, 

Daniel.
    Hi Daniel,

Apologies, you should have received the filter & splitter kit by now. I have now Raised a Fast track on this and you will have this by the end of the week.

Al

• Advertisement

The internet is back to acting up and disconnecting rather frequently, this is a shocking and frankly inexcusable service that is being provided, and if it isn't permanently fixed this time, we will be taking the issue further, a disgrace of a service to be charging such a high price for. 

The internet is back to acting up and disconnecting rather frequently, this is a shocking and frankly inexcusable service that is being provided, and if it isn't permanently fixed this time, we will be taking the issue further, a disgrace of a service to be charging such a high price for. 
    Hi SherlockWatson

I have run tests on the number you had previously PM'd me however I cannot see anything that could be creating the issues you have reported. Please contact eircoms technical support department as they will be able to run much more tests and look in to this further. Technical support can be contacted on 1890260260 or via webchat here: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Hi SherlockWatson

I have run tests on the number you had previously PM'd me however I cannot see anything that could be creating the issues you have reported. Please contact eircoms technical support department as they will be able to run much more tests and look in to this further. Technical support can be contacted on 1890260260 or via webchat here: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al
    I would like to see an engineer out here free of charge, or we will be discontinuing the service, and contacting Comreg again as it is gone beyond a joke, the speeds are so slow it won't even load www.speedtest.net, and that's when I'm lucky enough that the thing isn't disconnecting every ten minutes.

We have an old Netopia router which could be the issue, however we will not be paying for a new one, as Comreg has informed us already that we shouldn't have to spend extra money to "maintain a  below standard service" that we are already paying for. 

Please do not try to fob me off again with more "your line looks fine" nonsense, there is a problem, and there has clearly been one for the last six months, as documented here.

Edit - Speedtest finally loaded and as can be seen, we're not even getting 0.3Mb, absolute disgrace of a service, and a sham of a company.

3825714972.png

Edit 2 - And again in the morning, abysmal service.

3826274183.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi SherlockWatson

I have run tests on the number you had previously PM'd me however I cannot see anything that could be creating the issues you have reported. Please contact eircoms technical support department as they will be able to run much more tests and look in to this further. Technical support can be contacted on 1890260260 or via webchat here: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al
    I would like to see an engineer out here free of charge, or we will be discontinuing the service, and contacting Comreg again as it is gone beyond a joke, the speeds are so slow it won't even load www.speedtest.net, and that's when I'm lucky enough that the thing isn't disconnecting every ten minutes.

We have an old Netopia router which could be the issue, however we will not be paying for a new one, as Comreg has informed us already that we shouldn't have to spend extra money to "maintain a  below standard service" that we are already paying for. 

Please do not try to fob me off again with more "your line looks fine" nonsense, there is a problem, and there has clearly been one for the last six months, as documented here.

Edit - Speedtest finally loaded and as can be seen, we're not even getting 0.3Mb, absolute disgrace of a service, and a sham of a company.

3825714972.png

3826274183.png
    Hi SherlockWatson

Sorry to hear you are getting slow speeds. The test definitely indicates some kind of issue here. Can you send me a PM with your Phone no. and I will run some tests here for you,

thanks
    Colm

Hi SherlockWatson

Thanks
    Al

3825714972.png

3826274183.png
    Hi SherlockWatson

Sorry to hear you are getting slow speeds. The test definitely indicates some kind of issue here. Can you send me a PM with your Phone no. and I will run some tests here for you,

thanks
    Colm

I'll send a PM shortly, after I complained here, it seemed to be grand(for a week, which has been the case each of the last times, everytime I complain it gets fixed for a week, despite their being "nothing" wrong with it and then after a week it seems to degrade again, to the stage where it's disconnected 7 times in the last hour alone) It is a farce of a service to be completely honest. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Not hijack a thread or look to get my issues looked at here, but more to back up what you are saying.

I’ve spent over an hour on the phone to broadband support
    Had an engineer out, changed the faceplate on the connection, made some change to the wiring outside and done something at the exchange and he made my top speed slower
    Earlier I ended up with 99 pings and speeds at 1 or 2 Mbps
    As I speak now im back to “normal” and getting 10 Mbps, I used to get around 16

So you are not alone

Advertisement