Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming Location

Options
  • 26-03-2014 9:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Hey everyone,

Me and some friends from college are filming a short thriller film about a creepy doll shop and we are looking for a location to film in in Co.Dublin. We are looking for somewhere with a vintage look and somewhere that lets students shoot. We can dress the inside of the location to make it look like a doll shop. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Here, The Dolls Store in Dublin 2
    St Great Georges Street

300412.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I did a photo shoot once in a decrepit old building on North Great George's Street - it was really falling apart but could be very creepy. They let people shoot in it so I'd say that's your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Master wrote: »
    St Great Georges Street

That's closed now isn't it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

I did a photo shoot once in a decrepit old building on North Great George's Street - it was really falling apart but could be very creepy. They let people shoot in it so I'd say that's your best bet.

Thanks! Is it the building at the end of the street? How do we go about getting permission do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

kate747 wrote: »
    Thanks! Is it the building at the end of the street? How do we go about getting permission do you know?

I have no idea - I just showed up and it was all set up already. Not very helpful for you I know.

It wasn't at the end of the street, it was in the middle on your left as you walk up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Master wrote: »
    St Great Georges Street
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That's closed now isn't it?
    It closed for a time then re-opened on the top floor of Powerscourt Townhouse. The last time I saw anything being done with the building in the photo, it was being turned into a butcher shop (!) but no sign of it opening.
    kate747 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Me and some friends from college are filming a short thriller film about a creepy doll shop and we are looking for a location to film in in Co.Dublin. We are looking for somewhere with a vintage look and somewhere that lets students shoot. We can dress the inside of the location to make it look like a doll shop. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

What about the crypts in Christchurch? Lots of room, creepy enough especially with the right lighting and I'm sure they are opening to filming. 'Vintage' could mean anything so you'll have to be more specific. There are probably a few shops around the city or outskirts that haven't changed much over the years that might be suitable if it is specifically a shop setting you want rather than something you can dress up to look like a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Vintage? As in old curiosity shop kind of idea? Might be a bit out there, but maybe have a look at a few of the auction houses and see if you could shoot there.. with a bit of tinkering you could achieve an eerie look.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I have a shop you could use. We sell quirky vintagey type things. Its TINY though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

jimmii wrote: »
    I have a shop you could use. We sell quirky vintagey type things. Its TINY though!

Thank you! That's so generous! Whereabouts is it and what is it called?

Advertisement