Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one from America?

• 26-03-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to the states in about two months... I'm thinking about buying an xbox one over there.

My logic is that if games have to be downloaded online, then there wouldn't be any issues with region formatted game dvd's.

I know we're on a different voltage system 110 v 240 and I would probably need to buy an adaptor when I get home to reduce the voltage... but other than that, is there any risk of buying one in the US?

What about The various TV formats, like PAL and NTSC? I'm guessing this is configurable on the xbox one.

Thanks,
    Muppet man

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

See this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057170502

which was on the first page in this forum when you made your thread!

Also, you don't have to download games, you can still buy discs, and while disc game prices generally go down as the game gets old, there's plenty of very old games still going for 50 odd euro on the marketplace. I would not advise buying a US console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Muppet Man wrote: »
    I'm heading to the states in about two months... I'm thinking about buying an xbox one over there.

My logic is that if games have to be downloaded online, then there wouldn't be any issues with region formatted game dvd's.

I know we're on a different voltage system 110 v 240 and I would probably need to buy an adaptor when I get home to reduce the voltage... but other than that, is there any risk of buying one in the US?

What about The various TV formats, like PAL and NTSC? I'm guessing this is configurable on the xbox one.

Thanks,
    Muppet man

you will have too declare that you bought the xbox one in america when your going through customs, think you would get taxed for that.
    Also the volts etc would have too be reduced so you would need an adaptor for that

all in all best of buying it on amazon.co.uk or some other site selling it cheapish, you'd probably end up spending more if you bought it in america

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Thanks folks for both responses.... On reflection, think if might pick it up in a store somewhere in Dublin. I think Argos had the best Titan fall bundles....

Thanks again for the opinions.
    Muppet man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Thanks folks for both responses.... On reflection, think if might pick it up in a store somewhere in Dublin. I think Argos had the best Titan fall bundles....

Thanks again for the opinions.
    Muppet man
    Games, however, is another story. Buy them for cheap in the US and bring them over here and they'll work fine.

Advertisement