Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing adapter to modern LEDs

Options
  • 26-03-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

, I want to change my old halogen spots with LEDs , I went to my local supplier and he gave me the bulbs and an adapter for each bulb.. Is it easy to change these as I was told that it's just a matter of taking it off the transformer and "plugging" the adapter into the mains. I was told its so easy but just by looking at the adapter I have my doubts.. My old bulbs are the ones that have the 2 prongs whereas the new bulbs are different. Also , would each old bulb have to have its own transformer or could one transformer do 2/3 bulbs? What do I do if the latter is the case??
    Any replies appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

It sounds like you have mr 16 low voltage spots currently, and your wholesaler has provided led gu10s and gu10 lampholders.
    the gu-10 are mains and do not require transformers.
    your old lamps have a 2 sharp pins and the new ones a have fat stubby pins?
    if this is the case you will need an electrician to fit them as they do not simply plug in.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

The gu10 lamp holders have to be wired into the mains cables after the 12v transformer has been dissconnected

Advertisement